Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2002 2:25:21 PM EDT
I have an interview next week for deputy position and was wondering if anyone had advice to prepare for it.  This is the final interview with the Sheriff.  I have already been through all testing and have been on the list waiting for them to hire.  I am 22, and currently still working on a degree in criminal Justice.  I would like to know what kind of questions are usually asked in a final interview.  I was thrown off in previous interviews because none of the questions seemed to be related to the job.  They were more worried about what shift I was willing to work and if I planned to live in this area.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have made it to the final interview with the chief LEO, then more than likely, he is getting a feel for you to make his decision.  Every interview that I have been in with a cleo has been nearly the same.  ?????'s about you, family, position available, salary, shift availability and the like.  If you are to this point, you are nearly hired.  Not counting any major nose dives and completely irking the Sheriff, you're chances of getting hired will be pretty good.

Be yourself, don't try to BS him, dress for success, be honest, be early - at least 10 to 15 minutes and try not to let your nervousness show.  Remember your manners, yes sir and no sir all the way, posture = confidence or lack of, don't figit and look confident - even if you don't feel confident.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the pointers.  I have been trying to prepare for this for quite awhile and just want to be ready for anything.  They are hiring for 1 position only and I know that at least 2 of the other candidates are currently part time LEOs.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just be confident, but not cocky.  You have gotten this far for a reason.  If you don't make it this time, you have the experience of the testing experience for the next time you apply.  It is rare on our department to hire a new officer that has only tested one time.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice.  I have tested with another department but this will be the first time with the Sheriff's department.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top