Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 10:50:46 AM EDT
I have posted about this in the past, but I thought I'd bring up the topic again...

Should I meet a little chickadee and arrange a courting session...one a of the first things I do is hit the 'net and see what I can find out about her.  VERY often, you can find things out about her like where she lives, has lived, where she went to school, value of her property if any, etc.  It is so SO easy it is pathetic.

I just like to know ahead of time what I am getting into, if I can find anything.  It's all out there.  Why not?

Well, some of my friends think I'm nuts and some are a bit creeped out by it...see it as morally wrong.

Objectively, I see NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.  They can do the same damn thing to me...hell, they probably are.

One girl I dated for awhile told me after a short while she had a friend who was a cop and had him run a check on me...only to find my utterly boring and pristine background.  I didn't care, and see it as a even better idea for women to do.  Lotta sick bastards out there.

So, what say you?  Creepy or not creepy?

Feel free to comment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#1]
HA-HA....

Beat all of you IBTP sons o' bitches....

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't remember a date I've been on in the last five years where I haven't at least googled the person (and sometimes even done a WI Court System check on).

Not creepy at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#3]
On the face of it, I'd say not creepy.  But I can see it crossing the line into creepy fast.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I know they do it to me, so why shouldn't I do it to them? Zabasearch is very useful.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Creepy.

Where do you guys meet chicks that would require a background search for safety?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I can see numerous reasons for them to search our pasts..i.e. past sexual devience icluding rape, child molestation, spousal abuse, etc.

Are you men or mice?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Creepy.

Where do you guys meet chicks that would require a background search for safety?

You haven't dated at all if you haven't dated one person who was totally insane.  Background checks are not out of order.  Although I don't think Googling would have saved me from my nuttiest ex's.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Creepy.

You don't hang outside the women's prison and wait for new releases?  And the hotties that leave the asylums?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Creepy.

You haven't dated at all if you haven't dated one person who was totally insane.  Background checks are not out of order.  Although I don't think Googling would have saved me from my nuttiest ex's.

I've dated plenty, but am presently living with my girlfriend...kinda been off the circuit for several years.  All women are crazy...I can see some of you aren't familiar with the women-types.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And the hotties that leave the asylums?

It's criminal how they're always the best lay.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I also check out womenz I don't date, because you never know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Creepy.

You don't hang outside the women's prison and wait for new releases?  And the hotties that leave the asylums?

thank you...my sentiments exactly
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#14]
apparently there's some deep seated fear that the womenz are gonna run off with the Magik Card collection.

Christ, if they're crazy kick 'em to the curb
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've found the ones still doped up on Thorazine are especially easy...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Not creepy.

I was dating and married before the internet though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hit the schizos cause it's like having multiple womenz at once
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Creepy.

I don't care so much about the women. It's their psycho husbands I'm checking up on!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hit the schizos cause it's like having multiple womenz at once

Crazy girls are the best.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Creepy.

I've dated plenty, but am presently living with my girlfriend...kinda been off the circuit for several years.  All women are crazy...I can see some of you aren't familiar with the women-types.

That was exactly my point.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Creepy.

That was exactly my point.

I live in a college town...cohabitating doesn't necessarily mean I won't accidentaly fall on top of a co-ed while both of us just happen to be naked  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top