Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:36:43 AM EDT
Last night a friend of mine asked me to take him shooting tomorrow because he had never been before.  I've always had a great time introducing people to shooting and any excuse to go shooting is a good one, IMHO, so this morning after class we went down to the local indoor range to shoot my new SigPro .40 .  While we were checking in I made the comment that I should get a 9mm because its a helluva lot cheaper to shoot than a .40.  I think it was the use of the word "a" instead of "my" because the guy immediatly went off on a very slow but steady tirade against the .40, blaiming everyone from police dept's who "jumped on the bandwagon" to American ammunition manufacturers who refuse to load 9mm to full power.  He then asked why anyone would want a round that kicks more than a .45 and sucks a lot, causes cancer,  etc.  I told him that I've got the disease and bought it because I like Sig and wanted a gun smaller than my .45 USP.  He then proceeded to lecture me about how he is the instructor at the range and has never owned a gun in his life, he just grabs whatever they have on the loan rack and uses it and how people used to ask him stupid questions like "What type of gun do you own?" or "What type of ammunition do you shoot?".  According to him the only two types of ammo that exist are Glaser and FMJ.  After literally 20min of getting yelled at I asked for two boxes of .40 for my gun and my eyes and ears.  Fortunatly my friend had a blast and he got some very good coaching from a guy shooting next to us.  This is my first example of idiot gunshop owners, now I can see why the rest of you have those horror stories too.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
This is why I moved to a state where I can just drive out into the desert and shoot.

Still...when I moved here, the first gunstore I walk into, I am informed that the Sig P220 is FAR too large to CCW and NO ONE makes and IWB holster for it.

Right.....

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top