Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2001 9:27:52 AM EDT
Got this email below.  Looks like United Forums INc is selling three boards.  One of them is the HK forum......

Seems legit to me.

Ya all probably saw it already or knew.....

Hi all,

We are selling off the forums Auction style using EBAY we have 3 forums
listed now up for sale

Ruger Forum
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1261474664[/url]

HK-Forum
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1261471394[/url]

& Smith-Wesson Forum
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1261459294[/url]

The description and terms are at each link of the ebay auction links
above

Thank You all for making these great forums!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2001 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Kaliburz,

I also recieved this email.  Curious why anyone would "buy" a forum like this.   Why not just create your own?????

James
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about the others, but the Ruger Forum already has close to 2000 members and a family-like atmosphere.  There are some good folks over there and some good information, and it would be easier to keep everyone together by selling the whole shebang as-is.  

I feel for whoever decides to buy the forums, though.  If your not familiar with the owner, Nick, and his infamous Glock Hi-Cap group buy, have a look at some of the older posts on [url]http://glocktalk.com[/url].
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I will bid a bit on it, just for fun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh...Wait...This is the Buyers Club America guy, didn't he screw a bunch of people out of their money on a mga deal?

Any relation to Paul308?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
These forums (domain names) ARE owned by Nick of BCA.
He is the asshole who ripped off GlockTalk.com users for a HUGE amount of $$$$.
(hi-cap magazine deal).
I don't think he was involved with Paul308, but he was just as much of a scumbag.

He also USED to own SigForum.com , but just sold it to one of our fellow AR15'rs  --  LBJ.
(Great Guy -- Great Site !)

SigTalk.com and SigForums.com are owned by Me, Goatboy and a few others here who shall remain nameless.  (we are not necessarily great guys, but a great site too!)  [:D]  [:D]

I bid on the 3 BCA domains just for shits and giggles.  If I win 'em , we'll just route the traffic right here to AR15.com.

Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Take your pick.
[url]www.unitedforums.com/firearmsforums.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahh....Sig Forum.  Was gonna ask if there was one out there.  Cool.......

I use to frequent GlockTalk.com and well, I recall this mag deal..... or a mag deal.  Not quite sure if that was the deal that I was thinking about getting in on.  Went south... unfortunate.

Link Posted: 8/3/2001 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You mean there realy is a Smith&Wesson forum?  I bet they catch all kind of flames!
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

No !!!     It's [url]www.SIGTalk.com[/url]  [:D]

Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

No !!!     It's [url]www.SIGTalk.com[/url]  [:D]

View Quote

Hummmm......should have choosen my words better.  Should have said, "Ahh......a discussion forum for Sigs......"

Well, 'ole Kaliburz is registered there....... under Kaliburz.....but of corse.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top