Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2008 4:05:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 4:12:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/2/2008 4:15:17 PM EST by Jus_Ad_Bellum]
That guy is such a jackass. I met him at a lakes area business association meeting when he was running for gov. Better than humphrey, but he sure messed up the state in a hurry. Light rail my ass.

ETA Great, thinks highly of hilary and think Barak is the best there is
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 4:48:20 PM EST
We don't miss ya Jesse, have fun in mexico, maybe you can be like Sammy and give them a good job down there so they don't have to come here.... Who the hell still watches Larry?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:14:16 AM EST
Interesting for values of interesting that equal "moronic."
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 1:27:40 PM EST
I guess his time in Baja has made him forget that Dick Cheney is actually our Vice President and NOT our Secretary of Defense. And an even bigger problem---how did Larry King not catch this? Is he that ignorant about who our office holders are, and if so, why is he still held in such "high esteem" by the "cultural elite" in this country along with the other uber-liberal, I mean main-stream, media talking heads like Cronkite/Jennings/Rather?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 1:41:43 PM EST
Although Ventura's policies aren't all that different from most Democrats, the one and only thing that I have always like about his ideology is removing the two party dreadlock that this country has had along with all of the loop-jumping that a non-Democrat/Republican candidate has to go through to even get on a ballot. Free and open elections my a$$--our political system is much more oligarchy than republic and has been for decades.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 5:48:07 AM EST
I agree-truebeliever. He may have not had the greatest inkling on how to be fiscally responsible for a whole state but that doesn't mean 3rd party candidates and others out of mainstream politics aren't good for the game.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 5:55:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By iamtruebeliever:
Although Ventura's policies aren't all that different from most Democrats, the one and only thing that I have always like about his ideology is removing the two party dreadlock

Are two party dreadlocks more durable than one party dreadlocks? Because I would hate it if my dreadlocks only made it through one party before falling apart...

Link Posted: 4/4/2008 6:50:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/4/2008 8:18:19 AM EST by SWATH]
I agree, we need the Irie party mon

Join the IRIE Party
"Everyting is gonna be alright,
Everyting is gonna be ok"
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 9:40:03 AM EST
LOL I should make better use of spell checking
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 9:16:07 AM EST
Wow, being an ex navy SEAL I figured he'd be for McCain.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:40:47 AM EST
not only was jesse slamed on the mat to many times i think his tin foil is to thick!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 10:05:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 10:09:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Originally Posted By Thatmanuhate:

The dude was a professional wrestler and a lousy B movie action "star" who was known for wearing a boa... Can you say attention whore?

Not to mention the fact that he never was a Navy Seal. He was UDT-11. NOT a Seal. Big difference. He thinks people don't know though. Oh, and he's a truther.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 10:27:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2008 5:25:46 PM EST by SWATH]

Why, because SEALs have a hubristic blood lust as big as McCain's?

I can't speak for SEALs (I am not one) but I believe that the bowed head of the eagle on their trident signifies humility (I think the only military pin that has this trait), which is a philosophy at odds with McCain, and Judging from my experience with those who are either in the SEAL program currently or in the Spec Ops community (i.e. Army SF), as well as some Marine Intel guys, are not at all fans of McCain. However everyone is different and you can't put words in anyone's mouth based on a small sample set. Infact, I don't personally know a single McCain supporter and neither do any of my .mil friends, they all find him utterly distasteful despite loathing Hillary and Obama although I'm sure they exist and have their own internal disagreements. I shall not utter the name of whom it is they support 100% wholeheartedly. However like anything it may just be my clique of friends. I have a few surface fleet sailor friends and relatives who tell me that no one aboard their respective ships like McCain. They tell me there are more Obama supporters than McCain or Hillary. and say McCain is reckless, and appearently their Obama support is primarily a vote of no confidence.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 12:32:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

The dude was a professional wrestler and a lousy B movie action "star" who was known for wearing a boa... Can you say attention whore?

Not to mention the fact that he never was a Navy Seal. He was UDT-11. NOT a Seal. Big difference. He thinks people don't know though. Oh, and he's a truther.

He has never claimed to be a SEAL as far as I know. Every interview I have heard he corrects the interviewer on that point and sets them straight.

Ventura can not control what the news prints.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 1:36:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hoji:

He has never claimed to be a SEAL as far as I know. Every interview I have heard he corrects the interviewer on that point and sets them straight.

Ventura can not control what the news prints.
He did an interview with Opie and Anthony the other day in which he called himself a navy seal several times. I can provide a link to the audio if you'd like.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 3:14:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 5:22:05 PM EST
Ventura does claim to have been a SEAL. Although he served with UDT-12 while on active duty in Vietnam, he did serve with SEAL team 1 while in the reserves. If you notice, he wears a trident pin on his lapel. If he wasn't a SEAL he would be wearing it exactly 6 feet up his ass by now. NAVSPECWARCOM allows him the privilege of donning the trident and claiming the title of SEAL as he served with them and UDT was the progenitor of the SEAL program.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 6:45:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2008 6:55:06 PM EST by Thatmanuhate]

Not saying I'll have to check into that more because I do believe I read he was a SEAL and it was UDT-12. Here it lists him as a 'Notable SEAL' and that site is run by a SEAL.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 6:47:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2008 6:50:17 PM EST by Thatmanuhate]

Originally Posted By SWATH:

Why, because SEALs have a hubristic blood lust as big as McCain's?

snip
Because one of the other options want to cut R&D on Future combat systems and who KNOWS what the other choice would do...Look what her husband did to the military and FWIW all my .mil friends are for McCain and No where in my post did I say or Imply that SEALs are bloodthirsty.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 6:51:38 PM EST

Not saying he's not a douche or defending him , but he was a SEAL.
Uh, many of the people he served with in the UDT say otherwise, and to my knowledge, none are coming forward saying otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 6:56:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2008 6:58:12 PM EST by Thatmanuhate]

Uh, many of the people he served with in the UDT say otherwise, and to my knowledge, none are coming forward saying otherwise.
Yeah, I edited my post...Go back and read it cause I posted a link. I'm not sure what to think it lists him as a Notable SEAL but doesnt say he was a SEAL it does say he was UDT though

ETA nvm it says he was a SEAL at the bottom.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 6:59:01 PM EST

Ventura does claim to have been a SEAL. Although he served with UDT-12 while on active duty in Vietnam, he did serve with SEAL team 1 while in the reserves. If you notice, he wears a trident pin on his lapel. If he wasn't a SEAL he would be wearing it exactly 6 feet up his ass by now. NAVSPECWARCOM allows him the privilege of donning the trident and claiming the title of SEAL as he served with them and UDT was the progenitor of the SEAL program.
BINGO!!!

BTW, I didn't realize how many of you absolutely love Cheney. I tried to look up the five deferments Jesse was talking about. Wikipedia is pretty lib from what I hear so any link to this claim would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:03:31 PM EST

Yeah, I edited my post...Go back and read it cause I posted a link. I'm not sure what to think it lists him as a Notable SEAL but doesnt say he was a SEAL it does say he was UDT though

ok, that I could buy. The Problem is, he still talks about serving in 'nam as a Seal. Which according to that, didn't happen.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:06:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2008 7:09:07 PM EST by Thatmanuhate]

ok, that I could buy. The Problem is, he still talks about serving in 'nam as a Seal. Which according to that, didn't happen.
He's still a POS SEAL or not imo. Seems like he distorts facts just a little bit. I think as someone said he wasn't an Active duty SEAL but it seems like he trys to act like he fought in Nam as one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:09:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By metalrat45:

BINGO!!!

BTW, I didn't realize how many of you absolutely love Cheney. I tried to look up the five deferments Jesse was talking about. Wikipedia is pretty lib from what I hear so any link to this claim would be appreciated.

Wait!!! I am an idiot to think that I can ask about any negative Cheney information here. Sorry to waste your time
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:11:42 PM EST

BINGO!!!

Wait!!! I am an idiot to think that I can ask about any negative Cheney information here. Sorry to waste your time
If you run a poll on the Bush Administration and it's approval rating, you'll get lower numbers here than the national average.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:23:32 PM EST

BINGO!!!

If you run a poll on the Bush Administration and it's approval rating, you'll get lower numbers here than the national average.

As you can see I haven't been here that long so I have no reason not to believe you. I saw the interview and don't understand all this hate toward Ventura. There are some negative points but we all know politics these days as always are very elitist and truly separated from the average peoples needs. I wish for an Honorable, Veteran or former Serviceman or woman with common sense and new ideas to be President. IMO at least. But will never happen of course.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:25:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2008 7:26:17 PM EST by Thatmanuhate]

BINGO!!!

As you can see I haven't been here that long so I have no reason not to believe you. I saw the interview and don't understand all this hate toward Ventura. There are some negative points but we all know politics these days as always are very elitist and truly separated from the average peoples needs. I wish for an Honorable, Veteran or former Serviceman or woman with common sense and new ideas to be President. IMO at least. But will never happen of course.
Vote for Obama then. He's got plenty of new ideas...and as you can see he is a Veteran.

Of the race wars! Oh wait, you said someone with common sense. my bad.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:53:49 PM EST

BINGO!!!

Vote for Obama then. He's got plenty of new ideas...and as you can see he is a Veteran.

Of the race wars! Oh wait, you said someone with common sense. my bad.

See what I mean? It sucks huh?
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:23:28 PM EST

Ventura is a troofer...
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:25:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2008 8:25:58 PM EST by Thatmanuhate]

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

Ventura is a troofer...
Gotta love 'da troofers

ETA: wow that sucks...my 1000th post is about a troofer...
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 1:31:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2008 1:35:32 PM EST by jaskim]
cheney was sec of defense under bush I or reagan, i believe. that's where jesse's comment about that came from.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:35:50 PM EST

He's still a POS SEAL or not imo. Seems like he distorts facts just a little bit. I think as someone said he wasn't an Active duty SEAL but it seems like he trys to act like he fought in Nam as one.

Ok, I don't really like this guy either but.... Let's point out some hypocrisy here... There's a sticky up top about how we cannot disrespect or dispute McCain's service record, but anybody else who served is open game?.... I think if we are going to respect McCain as a soldier who served our country, even if we don't agree with him, we should extend the same respect to even this guy Ventura.

I would think the fact that he was a pro wrestler would have been enough fodder to mock him anyways.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:41:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By lougorilla:

Ok, I don't really like this guy either but.... Let's point out some hypocrisy here... There's a sticky up top about how we cannot disrespect or dispute McCain's service record, but anybody else who served is open game?.... I think if we are going to respect McCain as a soldier who served our country, even if we don't agree with him, we should extend the same respect to even this guy Ventura.

I would think the fact that he was a pro wrestler would have been enough fodder to mock him anyways.

We're disrepecting the fact that the retard can't keep his story straight,and has out and out lied about it. Not his actual service, whatever that may have been.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:34:27 PM EST

We're disrepecting the fact that the retard can't keep his story straight,and has out and out lied about it. Not his actual service, whatever that may have been.

According to the United States Naval Special Warfare Command policy, Ventura is entitled to use the title "SEAL", due to both his service in the UDT and SEAL teams, and his successful graduation from UDT-R (now BUD/S) training.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:41:40 PM EST

According to the United States Naval Special Warfare Command policy, Ventura is entitled to use the title "SEAL", due to both his service in the UDT and SEAL teams, and his successful graduation from UDT-R (now BUD/S) training.

Show me a policy that says if you serve on a UDT team in Vietnam you can say that you served in the Seals in Vietnam. Seals were not UDT, UDT were not seals, different missions, different people.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:16:39 PM EST

Show me a policy that says if you serve on a UDT team in Vietnam you can say that you served in the Seals in Vietnam. Seals were not UDT, UDT were not seals, different missions, different people.

I can see what you are saying, but it seems like a technicality. Show me a video or at-least a link to some Quotes of Ventura boasting about his Seal experience IN NAM, and be done with it, but it sounds like a lot of hearsay without some proof.

UDT wasn't exactly a bunch a light weights either. I don't know why you would criticize his service when I doubt you have a fraction of his military training.

I think the guy is a loon. He made a pretty lame wrestler, and an even worse Governor, but I haven't had special operations training from the Seals, or UDT, so I'm not going to criticize him there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:26:37 PM EST

I can see what you are saying, but it seems like a technicality. Show me a video or at-least a link to some Quotes of Ventura boasting about his Seal experience IN NAM, and be done with it, but it sounds like a lot of hearsay without some proof.

UDT wasn't exactly a bunch a light weights either. I don't know why you would criticize his service when I doubt you have a fraction of his military training.

I think the guy is a loon. He made a pretty lame wrestler, and an even worse Governor, but I haven't had special operations training from the Seals, or UDT, so I'm not going to criticize him there.
Apply some fucking thought man. I've yet to criticize his service. I'm criticizing him lying about it. Go to audible.com then to the Opie and Anthony section, look for a shot about a week or so ago with him. He makes the reference there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:34:56 PM EST

Apply some fucking thought man. I've yet to criticize his service. I'm criticizing him lying about it. Go to audible.com then to the Opie and Anthony section, look for a shot about a week or so ago with him. He makes the reference there.

Linkage would be nice.

There's no reason to get nasty either.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:41:47 PM EST

Linkage would be nice.

You wanna see nasty? Keep pulling bullshit claiming I'm insulting a vet for his service. That's a low down, dirty trick to try to turn the tide against me, and it's pure fucking bullshit. Of course, you did support Ron Paul, so it's not like I expect better. I gave you good enough directions to get to it, if you can't follow them, well
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:53:35 PM EST

Linkage would be nice.

You wanna see nasty? Keep pulling bullshit claiming I'm insulting a vet for his service. That's a low down, dirty trick to try to turn the tide against me, and it's pure fucking bullshit. Of course, you did support Ron Paul, so it's not like I expect better. I gave you good enough directions to get to it, if you can't follow them, well

No comment. I'm going to bed. I suggest you get some sleep too before you continue to make rude comments to me.

Yes I supported Ron Paul. What the hell does that have to do with it? stay relevant to the topic at hand and quit making personal attacks towards me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:22:02 AM EST
Top Top