Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/27/2003 12:45:41 PM EDT
I'm curious about the wording of these intent laws. Is intent after law is disbanded a defense? Say you have a cut sten or a 1919 w/ a semi auto side plate, and you have an 80% tube or plate laying around. Normally, if the ATF broke down your door, bam, intent to manufacture - right? So, your defense is that you did, indeed, intend to manufacture these weapons - but only in the event of a SHTF type situation, total breakdown of society, blah blah blah. Would that work? Intent is some pretty hazy shit as is, it seems to me that firing back w/ some hazy shit of your own could be feasible, and hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:15:25 AM EDT
No, you'd be up shit creek. Bend over the barrel, Bubba. Laws of the day are legal today until they expire. You can't claim "it will be legal tommorrow.."
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:16:27 PM EDT
right, but we're talking intent to commit a crime here, not a crime itself. if you forward your 'intention' to a hypothetical time frame where it's not a crime any longer, there is no intention to commit a crime. you're intent is legal. ooh, it'd be fun to argue - too bad i'd run the risk of becoming a felon if, and when, it backfired. maybe i'll go to law school after all...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:43:34 PM EDT
Top Top