Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 7:31:25 PM EDT
I know different areas and companies, but how much on average will your rate go up ?

I have a gas fired boiler with large radiators.

Thinking of putting in a modern (more than likely 80-90% smaller) boiler. What are the advantages between 80 and 90 % ones ?

I would also like to supplement it with a wood burner (heating the radiator water) I do not want a air exchange only.

I'm not against this being outside. May even prefer it. Whats out there ? both wood and gas ? Costs? I have  the mechanical skills to rough it in but would have a pro do the final inspaction.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Ours didn't change.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
With an OWB plumbed in series with your existing boiler loop, you wont have to deal with the insurance bullchit.

Head over to Arboristsite and yak with the gang on the firewood page. They are pretty much the arfcom of wood heat, saws and trees, and point you in the right direction.
www.arboristsite.com

Good luck man!!

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a wood fired boiler but I do have a wood stove in my basement.  I think it added $25.00 a year to my home insurance and they sent out an inspector to check on the installation.  I then replaced it two years later with a new one but didn't need another inspection.  Most of my heating is done with the wood stove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top