Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 4:05:38 PM EDT
Our insurance companies are being really cool about this we have something like 200 adjusters down in the Southeast right now.  They took with them a stack of PREPAID visa and mastercards.  If you are one of our insureds we are doing the best we can to help make things bearable.  From what I understand these adjusters are told DO NOT ARGUE, give our insured a visa to get them someplace to go.  I know it isn't much but at least our companies our doing there job.  I HATE SELLING INSURANCE but Travelers has proven to me now that I can be confident in their product.  Just wanted to share.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Since when does normal insurance cover flooding?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a trap.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if they don't come thru in a pinch and when the chips are down, the insurance companies aren't doing their job. As the old saying goes, "judge a man by his deeds and not by his words."
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It does cover loss of use and some people do have an endorsement for flooding.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for sharing that bit of good news, Sig.  I'm proud of my former profession, and am glad to be with Travelers myself.  Great company.  They also did this after 9/11 - they paid out claims even though 95% of the businesses who suffered losses didn't have a Terrorism endorsement.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for sharing that bit of good news, Sig.  I'm proud of my former profession, and am glad to be with Travelers myself.  Great company.  They also did this after 9/11 - they paid out claims even though 95% of the businesses who suffered losses didn't have a Terrorism endorsement.

Nothing personal intended with my prior post, I just havent met any insurance people who are good folks. yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing personal intended with my prior post, I just havent met any insurance people who are good folks. yet.

Most are very good folks.  Don't subscribe to the "all insurance agents/lawyers/cops/bankers/government workers" are evil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top