Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 7:01:05 PM EDT
Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that you are helping insure
this man and his TEN dependents, and his neighbor and HIS ten dependents,
and his cousin and HIS ten dependents, and his friend and HIS ten dependents,
and his co-workers and THEIR ten dependents, and so on and so on..........

Insurance? We don’t need no stinking insurance
In my write mind: Published February 22, 2006
02/28/06
Jeff O' Bryant
news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?pnpID=724&NewsID=700220&CategoryID=16783&show=localnews&om=1
The most famous line in the Hollywood classic “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre” is when Humphrey Bogart asks the Mexican bandit played by Alfonso Bedoya, “If you’re the police, where are your badges?” Bedoya’s responds, “Badges!? We ain’t got no badges. We don’t need no badges! I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!” Often misquoted simply as “We don’t need no stinking badges,” I was reminded of this scene in the film when someone I know related the following story to me.

While at work, this person was nearby and was able to observe a Mexican immigrant canceling their health insurance and changing their number of claimed dependants to ten. The representative of the company that was helping the employee asked if he was sure he wanted to cancel his insurance. He was sure, and claimed it was a mistake that he signed up for it in the first place. He made it clear he did not need insurance.

Isn’t that interesting? Ten dependants would imply a wife and nine children and of course lead to a significant reduction in payroll taxes for the employee. But what is even more interesting is his declination of insurance. Would you not want to provide health coverage for your family of ten? Of course you would. Well, that is, of course you would if somebody else were not already paying for it.

In some ways life is a lot like a game. To have any order or sense of fairness you have to have rules. When one side does not play by them the other is obviously disadvantaged. And if the game belongs to the party being cheated, they may just pick up their toys and not let anybody else play. It is high time the United States does likewise because our neighbors in Mexico are not playing by the rules.

Employees have to pay taxes and that money goes for Social Security, Welfare, and a host of other programs the government has no business providing. But since they do provide them it creates an unfair burden on the rest of us when one person or group does not have to play by the same rules we do. My tax dollars go to pay for the medical care of immigrants to our country that actually have jobs but decline to get health coverage for themselves through their employer. That is simply not right and it would be like me moving into a posh neighborhood, leaving my home uninsured, and expecting the guy next door to build me another house if mine burned down.

I have no issue with any man or woman seeking a better life for themselves and their family. Indeed, I find such goals truly honorable. Nor do I care what color your skin is or from what country you come. Bigotry is for the small of mind and though I’m not too bright I at least know that much. But no matter where you live you should expect to pull your own weight. No one should deliberately place obstacles in another’s path towards success. But neither should one have to remove naturally occurring obstacles from another’s path.

Of course, it is our own fault. Employers bear responsibility in that they knowingly allow illegal immigrants to work for them for the sake of cheap labor. Further, the White House and the Congress have done little to stem the tide of illegal immigration and prevent abuses of our system. President Bush even briefly promoted a hair-brained scheme for amnesty for illegal aliens — as if rewarding the flagrant disregard of US law deserved legitimization from the White House.

Some Americans even feel that there is nothing wrong with citizens of other countries breaking our laws by illegally entering the United States. According to Grey Deacon, a spokesman for last year’s Minuteman Project where average citizens patrolled the border between Mexico and Arizona, the ACLU sent in its minions to aid illegal immigrants by warning them and their human smugglers from entering territory patrolled by the Minutemen. Aiding and abetting criminal activity: your ACLU at work!

But I digress. Congress should pass legislation and the president should sign it, making it impossible for anyone to obtain free healthcare that willfully declines employer-sponsored health insurance. I have to pay for my insurance as does anyone else who cares about protecting themselves and their family. But until such legislation is forthcoming, our guests don’t need no stinking insurance because we’re paying their medical bills for them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Just eliminate entitlements. As long as the .gov is in the business of stealing one person's money to give to another in order to purchase their votes, there will be no justice, no equity.
As long as you have such programs there will be people lining up to manipulate the system and cheat the rest of us.

Further, we are discussing cutting back on benefits for those here when they simply shouldn't be here in the first place.

Nahhh, that all makes too much sense.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
They have been cutting back on VETERANS benefits, but the illegals go first class(we even supply translators)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Since when is wanting a better life, doing all the jobs that no one else will do, improving our economy, improving Mexico's economy and bringing to us their wonderful culture such a crime?hinking.gif

Paying their health insurance is the LEAST we can do for them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I declined healthcare at work.

It would have cost me half my paycheck just to insure me, because of my pre-existing conditions from the military.

THank God I have the VA, or else I'd have NO insurance.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Since when is wanting a better life, doing all the jobs that no one else will do, improving our economy, improving Mexico's economy and bringing to us their wonderful culture such a crime?

You're fucking kidding, right?

RIGHT?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]
RIGHT?!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
He is in AZ, he is either kidding or he is an illegal
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Since when is wanting a better life, doing all the jobs that no one else will do, improving our economy, improving Mexico's economy and bringing to us their wonderful culture such a crime?

Hola, Señor Lawdog!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Employees have to pay taxes and that money goes for Social Security, Welfare, and a host of other programs the government has no business providing. But since they do provide them it creates an unfair burden on the rest of us when one person or group does not have to play by the same rules we do.

We actually pay for babysitters for illegals
and give lumpsum benefits to illegals for
being HEROIN ADDICTS?????
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You're Mexican, too?

Triple threat - Mexican, Muslim, and felon, all rolled into one!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=442076&page=2

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=442054&page=2
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#12]

The most famous line in the Hollywood classic “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre” is when Humphrey Bogart asks the Mexican bandit played by Alfonso Bedoya, “If you’re the police, where are your badges?” Bedoya’s responds, “Badges!? We ain’t got no badges. We don’t need no badges! I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!” Often misquoted simply as “We don’t need no stinking badges,” I was reminded of this scene in the film when someone I know related the following story to me.

And here my uncultured ass thought that was from Blazing Saddles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
And here my uncultured ass thought that was from Blazing Saddles.

The line was used in Blazing Saddles.  Your buttocks are more cultured than you thought.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]
22 Bad, Since I'm not familiar with welfare and funny money. could you explain how they get free health care?
is it a matter of hospitals not lawfully turning them away? and then the working folks get higher rates to make up for  deadbeats. or am I missing something.
one more ? do all healthcare providers HAVE to give medical attention to the un insured?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#15]
When I used to work during high school for a car company, one of my friends on the job had a similar problem.  His wife was sick and did not have health insurance due to the fact that they were both making minimum wage.  He took her to a hospital in Fairfax, VA, not sure of the name, and they denied him service.  They told him, had he been in this country illegally, then they could help him.  This is because the federal government has a big chest of funds from which hospitals deduct what they are owed when they work on an illegal.  No such fund exists for people such as him who spent 3 years doing through the fucking VISA process so that he could have a better life for his wife daughter and himself in America instead of living in the Philippines.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
22 Bad, Since I'm not familiar with welfare and funny money. could you explain how they get free health care?
is it a matter of hospitals not lawfully turning them away? and then the working folks get higher rates to make up for  deadbeats. or am I missing something.
one more ? do all healthcare providers HAVE to give medical attention to the un insured?

small b(or just 22)
It is not legal to turn them away for emergency care
but they are given many services that don't qualify
I did a thread a couple of weeks ago about how some
NY(?)hospitals were NOT going to be reimbursed for
the non-emergency charges they were billing .gov for
Hospitals ARE closing due to illegals "free healthcare"

These are hospitals that will not be available for TAXPAYING AMERICAN CITIZENS anymore
eta: most of the hospitals that have already closed are in CA
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
When I used to work during high school for a car company, one of my friends on the job had a similar problem.  His wife was sick and did not have health insurance due to the fact that they were both making minimum wage.  He took her to a hospital in Fairfax, VA, not sure of the name, and they denied him service.  They told him, had he been in this country illegally, then they could help him.  This is because the federal government has a big chest of funds from which hospitals deduct what they are owed when they work on an illegal.  No such fund exists for people such as him who spent 3 years doing through the fucking VISA process so that he could have a better life for his wife daughter and himself in America instead of living in the Philippines.

Yup, and they get a free pass when they are caught with forged government documents too
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Whats the big deal about that               here in ohio the state spent 10.4 BILLION on medicaid     thats for people that won't even work       god i love paying taxes for a bunch of worthless bastard's and whore's  at least a mexican will work for something
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Your not from around here, are you?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:52:32 AM EDT
[#20]
22bad's family was raped and murdered by a roving band of illegals.  

i mean that in a good way of course.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:10:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Another public service bulletin. Thanks 22bad.

More people need to be exposed to the crap that illegals get away with and do while they are here and oh, by the way breaking the law with each and every breath, each and every step they take.

They should be looking over their shoulder every second of every day.

Instead they wine and dine and spit in the face of hard working people who wake up every morning heading off to dead end jobs paying their due mistakingly believing the system is working.

Damn country is broken and I'm not sure it's repairable.

The people who work are out numbered by those who work the system.

The people who make the system work are out numbered by those who break the system.

The people who are outraged at the abuses of the system are out numbered by those who cheer on those who abuse the system.

The people who do are villified while those who do not are somehow inexplicably turned into heroes.

Just f'n sad that illegals can walk our public streets without fear and demand equality and special treatment.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:25:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
do all healthcare providers HAVE to give medical attention to the un insured?

It's 2AM and the doc is on call for the local hospital. That means he has to carry a beeper or cell phone and be within 30 or so minutes from the hospital, ready to go at a moments notice.  Call lasts from overnight to a week or so at a time.  Hospitals expect docs to be willing to do this up to 10 days per month.  He does not get paid to be on call, he is forced to if he wishes to practice medicine at that hospital. (or any other hospital)  

The beeper goes off and he has to go in to see Pedro, drunk as a skunk, who just wrapped his truck around a telephone pole.  Pedro has emergency surgery that lasts all night, so much that his doc is too tired to see his PAYING patients and has to cancel a day's worth of paying work, and Pedro is in  the hospital for weeks.  The doc has to see him everyday, sometimes 2-3 times per day.  When Pedro goes home, doc sends a bill to the non-existent address Pedro's wife gave the ER.  Two or three billing statements later, Pedro gets turned over to collections, who can't find Pedro.  Pedro just got tens of thousands of dollars of free heath care.

The short answer is yes, the doc must take care of him and the hospital cant send him anywhere else by law.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#23]
This is a good example to all that an UN-INSURED / UNDER-INSURED rider (maximum coverage) be a part of every drivers auto insurance policy.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:06:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I declined healthcare at work.

It would have cost me half my paycheck just to insure me, because of my pre-existing conditions from the military.

THank God I have the VA, or else I'd have NO insurance.

Somehow I doubt that the subject of this article had served the United States and thus does not truly deserve to be cared for by the government.

Soldiers are different. I have absolutely no problem paying taxes to care for soliders and veterans. They, after all, serve a very useful purpose to us and have contributed much to our nation. Caring for the injuries they sustained while in our service is perfectly acceptable.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
is it a matter of hospitals not lawfully turning them away?

Bingo.

Manuel has no insurance. Manuel gets a slight cough. Manuel goes to the ER. Manuel is treated because of COBRA laws, and even if COBRA is not applicable, Manuel can still have actionable legal claims that some dumbf*ck libbie lawyer will be happy to persue for him, so it is cheaper just to treat Manuel despite the fact that Manuel will not pay for his healthcare.

Poor bastards like you and me who DO pay our bills end up being charged twice as much as we should be charged for hospital supplies and tests to make up for the resources Manuel never paid for.

and then the working folks get higher rates to make up for  deadbeats. or am I missing something.

Yes. If someone is in bad shape, a hospital CAN NOT turn them away. Even if they aren't in bad shape, a hospital can end up with all sorts of nasty legal trouble if they do turn someone away because they aren't paying their bills.

Another reason for tort reform.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yup.

And here is another example of how the people we might actually want here, the ones who thought enough of us to ask our PERMISSION before showing up, and who work ON THE BOOKS and pay the payroll taxes and income taxes that help fund our govt. get screwed over because we are going out of our way to cater to people who showed none of the same respect and none of the same willingness to contribute to society.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:14:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Whats the big deal about that               here in ohio the state spent 10.4 BILLION on medicaid     thats for people that won't even work       god i love paying taxes for a bunch of worthless bastard's and whore's  at least a mexican will work for something

Medicaid is for people who are considered the poorest of the poor by the US government.

Still, you can make one hell of an illegal income and still get medicaid.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Medicaid is for people who are considered the poorest of the poor by the US government.

And thats what they do, medicaid, welfare and with their OTHER IDs, they get work
You guys might not see as many illegals as I do, but they usually drive pretty good cars

I work and hang out in a part of town where there are at least 10,000 illegal aliens
I have worked with them and drank beer with them, they admit they are illegals
(I have argued with illegals that thought they should have the right to vote here)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And thats what they do, medicaid, welfare and with their OTHER IDs, they get work
You guys might not see as many illegals as I do, but they usually drive pretty good cars

I work and hang out in a part of town where there are at least 10,000 illegal aliens
(I have argued with illegals that thought they should have the right to vote here)

What makes you think they don't already vote?
There is nothing stopping them that I know of. All you have to do is show up at the polling place with an ID, phone bill, etc.

You are right about them using multiple IDs to work and milk the system at the same time.  Really fucked up what our gov't is doing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What makes you think they don't already vote?
There is nothing stopping them that I know of. All you have to do is show up at the polling place with an ID, phone bill, etc.

You are right about them using multiple IDs to work and milk the system at the same time.  Really fucked up what our gov't is doing.

They DO vote, illegally of course, they don't have much respect for our pesky laws
What I was saying was that I have ARGUED with illegals about that, in spanish of course
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top