Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:50:25 AM EDT
Ok, so every year the company I work for does this dependant verification thing. I don't mind normally since I can understand the whole cost control thinking behind it. This year however is a little different.
In the letters I recieved yesterday they are asking for copies of my kids birth certificates and or a copy of my marriage license. After talking to the guy at the benefits department he informs me that it's not the company that needs this info but the federal government. Does anyone know if this is some of that bullshit the dems burried in the healthcare scam or is this dude just blowing smoke?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:52:15 AM EDT
He's blowing smoke. I started a new job in July and my HR rep told me it's a company policy, not a federal requirement. None of the health care bill shit takes effect for a couple years as I understand it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:06:31 AM EDT
This is not the Fed.

This is the company trying to reduce costs by verifying dependents. It will become the norm for all of us who work for corps. Along with blood tests, weigh-ins, diet restrictions, and anything else that can save the company money on insurance.

I would be okay with it if they don't copy them. They are not entitled to the information on my child's BC, but are entitled to verify that the child is mine.

Marriage certs are public records and contain very little info anyway.
Top Top