Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:34:52 AM EDT
I was thinking, if we executed his family one by one for his crimes, do you think that would bring him out. They say they don't support him, I think thats bullspit. Make it look like an accident, hire some gunman, something. I think it would bring him out of hiding.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:36:14 AM EDT
yeah .... do it with a "precision" nuke!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:36:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:39:01 AM EDT
I think it's a great idea, he kills our incocents, so should we. Also, i'm sure someone in The Pentagon has already offered that as a possible solution.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:39:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 10:48:41 AM EDT by The_Beer_Slayer]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:40:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 10:40:51 AM EDT by PBIR]
I think you are quiet wrong, that he would view it as the cost of doing business. And a +1 to beer_slayer's remark.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:41:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:41:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kolohejr:
I was thinking, if we executed his family one by one for his crimes, do you think that would bring him out. They say they don't support him, I think thats bullspit. Make it look like an accident, hire some gunman, something. I think it would bring him out of hiding.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I think that is murder, and it is evil to contemplate doing it.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:42:52 AM EDT
didn't his family disown him after 9/11?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:44:23 AM EDT
Because in America, we believe in justice and due process, and we are not terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:44:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Pat Robertson has an account here?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:44:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chips:

That is what I would say publicly if someone I knew did it.

Wether they meant it or not is another thing all together.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:45:43 AM EDT

He seems to have lots of accounts here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:45:56 AM EDT

So They Say.

Look, its just an idea that popped into my head. Its not something I think needs to be done, just wondering with the way things are going, and all the innocent lives being lost everyday, how YOU would feel about it.
Critisizm is highly welcome.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:46:16 AM EDT
you mean, in response to someone killing noncombatants, it would be a good idea for us to go killing noncombatants?

the america i grew up in stood for something.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:46:41 AM EDT
knowing how family does things a part of me believes that they know where he is and that they support what he's doing but are not as extreme as he.

Another part of me believes that they are trouthful in what they say that they do not agree with him.

I say we should find some bloodhounds, lock them onto his family's scent and let them loose all around.

My dad's dog would guard his property and take fingers, not bad for a 5 lb bag of fur. She would get his scent mixed up with mine sometimes, that's why I said his family instead of his, anthing he owned from the beginning of the war would have lost his scent by now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:47:18 AM EDT
If fr no other reason: bin Laden probably doesn't care.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:47:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By livefreeordieNH:

Pat Robertson has an account here?hr

He seems to have lots of accounts here. hr

Robertson is a jackass, don't compare me to him you senseless piece of swine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:48:19 AM EDT
No! This is America. We will NOT stoop to the level of barbarians.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:53:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 10:54:12 AM EDT by Hokie]

Originally Posted By Daytona955i:

+1

"We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us."

- Osama Bil Laden

The murder of his family would do nothing but further erode the line that seperates us from them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:58:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 11:00:34 AM EDT by skid2964]

What was that whole Hiroshima thing about then?

I hear what your saying, but, sometimes, ya just gotta go CO-NAN on some folks.

In this day and age, the Hiroshima tactic would not go over too well. But hey, I doubt anyone would mess with us again. OR ... maybe that would strengthen their resolve ... who the hell knows.

All I know is that we are at war ... at war with terrorists everywhere. Can we just fight them door-to-door on the opposing team's turf forever? I dont like the thought of killing civilians, but one day, if we dont do something drastic ... it WILL happen here again on a much larger scale than 9/11. It may take that to do something really drastic, but hey, they dont put up traffic-lights 'till someone gets killed now do they!?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:01:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By skid2964:

What was that whole Hiroshima thing about then?

I hear what your saying, but, sometimes, ya just gotta go CO-NAN on some folks.

In this day and age, the Hiroshima tactic would not go over too well. But hey, I doubt anyone would mess with us again. OR ... maybe that would strengthen their resolve ... who the hell knows.

All I know is that we are at war ... at war with terrorists everywhere. Can we just fight them door-to-door on the opposing team's turf forever? I dont like the thought of killing civilians, but one day, if we dont do something drastic ... it WILL happen here again on a much larger scale than 9/11. It may take that to do something really drastic, but hey, they dont put up traffic-lights 'till someone gets killed now do they!?

You've gone off the rails.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:03:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PBIR:
You've gone off the rails.

yeah, I kind of have a knack for that ...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:04:50 AM EDT
It's a start, most of our terrorist problems are from Saudi.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:06:37 AM EDT
What leg would we have to stand on in condemning attacks on our civilians then?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:17:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 11:21:38 AM EDT by Dolomite]
I’m already trying to generate a list of all the happy outcomes of political assassinations (successful or failed) from the last couple of hundred years over on the Pat Robertson thread.

An example a good one would be MI6 cleaning SS General Reinhard Heydrich during WWII. An example of a bad one would be the unintended consequences of the attempt on Fidel Castro by the US.

What I’ve learned: Pat Robertson is “right” regarding Hugo Chavez (apparently he’s the next Hitler), and that only the US government would be in the right to whack Hugo because privately hiring hitmen to take out other national leaders (because come on, ya know Pat has the cash) is just plain wrong.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:18:43 AM EDT
Back to the original question.

A) His family has totally disowned him, in fact they did so well before 2001, back when Osama was trying to be a player in the Afghan/Russian war.

B) Osama doesn't care what happens to his family, he wouldn't be drawn out by threats against them.

C) Good guys don't target innocents.

D) It wouldn't work.

There is an argument that some suicide bombers could be discouraged if they knew their families were going to be targetted, and not get the cash payments the terrorists promise them. These suicide bombers are promised that they go to heaven, get the 72 virgins, and the family gets $50,000.
Thats why the Israeli's were destroying the homes of the families of Palestinian suicide bombers for a while.

That tactic doesn't work on the terrorist leaders, that you will note, aren't so big on committing suicide themselves....

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:19:49 AM EDT

I don't think site staff should be able to participate in threads.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:25:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By livefreeordieNH:

He seems to have lots of accounts here.

Robertson is a jackass, don't compare me to him you senseless piece of swine.

Don't want to be compared to a jackass? Don't post things that make you look like one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:31:25 AM EDT

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I think you are full of shit. You don't execute family members for the deeds of another.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:35:33 AM EDT

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

He was cast out of his family, he probably couldn't care less.

He's the only son of the most minor wife of his dad (who had something like 50 of them)
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:37:11 AM EDT

So They Say.

Look, its just an idea that popped into my head. Its not something I think needs to be done, just wondering with the way things are going, and all the innocent lives being lost everyday, how YOU would feel about it.
Critisizm is highly welcome.

I believe he was cast out before 9/11, not because of his beliefs or his family thinks he's evil, he's bad business. The Bin Laden family made it's money in construction in Saudi Arabia and works closely with the Royal family, Osama wants to overthrow the royal family.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:37:13 AM EDT
We're not terrorist scum like he is. If we did that we could never condemn anyone for attacking innocents.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:43:13 AM EDT
Seemed to work for the Soviets back when Hammas or Hezballah or some other raghead terrorist group made the incredible mistake of kidnapping a Soviet ambassador.

The KGB kidnapped the families of the kidnappers, and sent them the little finger from each and a note saying the rest of them would be delivered bit by bit until the ambassador was released unharmed.

Not only was the ambassador immediately released, but the terrorists issued an apology, and the kidnappers were never heard from again. The families of the kidnappers were then released un(further)harmed.

I certainly agree that we, as Americans, should behave in a civilized manner, but that is only when dealing with civilized people. The terrorists aren't, so we shouldn't.

If that makes me a genocidist, or Machiavallian, or a Robertson Account, or whatever the hell you want to call me, then so be it. All I know is that the War on Terror would have been over in 45 minutes if I had my way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:44:10 AM EDT
The issue is a two edged sword.

Do you think terrorists/mass murderers would choose to blow themselves up if they knew their families would be taken out?

On the other hand, the nazis and commies routinely used murder as a reprisal for attacks on them by partisans when they occupied their lands. Not sure it worked very well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:44:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By guardian855:

He's the only son of the most minor wife of his dad (who had something like 50 of them)

And they call that a "culture".

So would I, as in "petri dish".
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:46:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By monkeyman:
The issue is a two edged sword.

Do you think terrorists/mass murderers would choose to blow themselves up if they knew their families would be taken out?

On the other hand, the nazis and commies routinely used murder as a reprisal for attacks on them by partisans when they occupied their lands. Not sure it worked very well.

I'm not certain how much of a difference it would make once we had all sunk to that level, but the nazis and communists were invaders trying to put down an entire people. We'd only be doing it against those who attacked us.

Just a thought. Again, don't know if it would make a difference or not.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:53:40 AM EDT
Every US embassy in the world would be burning if we did this. And if you think it's dangerous for our guys in Iraq now, just wait until this policy is implemented.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:02:53 PM EDT
Much of his family is pro-US. His father was a powerful man and considered an American ally. Why would we arbitrarily murder friendlies?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:04:59 PM EDT
How about if someone disagrees with you they kill your kid?

Dude think about it, this is morally wrong on many levels.

Some folks on here are incredibly blood thirsty.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:33:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hokie:

"We love death. The US loves life. That is the difference between us."

- Osama Bin Laden

I'm thinkin' Bin Laden is gonna get some real lovin' from U.S. forces in the near future. I can't site any real reason, just a strong feeling I've had for about a week now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:29:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
All I know is that the War on Terror would have been over in 45 minutes if I had my way.

i'd be curious to hear your order of battle.

as my roommate's father (who was a FAC in VN) once observed: "it is patently impossible to defeat someone who will throw a rock at an airplane."

as a utah woman once remarked, following her decision to allow her child to die rather than to receive a blood transfusion: "he died for righteousness' sake, and will be rewarded in heaven."

as benjamin netanyahu said: "there will never be peace here until the palistinians start loving their children more than they hate us."

so what's your 45min plan?
Top Top