Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 7:09:33 PM EDT
Anybody ever do this?  Any tips you can offer?  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
remove the front seats and the rear seat bottom cushion
remove A, B  and C pillar trim
unscrew and remove the domelight, the sunvisors and the clips, and the Jesus bars
you need an automotive panel button popper tool to lightly pry off the buttons, I use some plastic to spread out the prying force under where the tool hits the foam, so it won't get crushed.
get someone to help hold it as it comes off and don't crease it, wiggle it out (probably) out the back door if it's a sedan.

look for an auto trimmer in the phone book in your city, they will have the headliner material for a recover and the proper contact cement(any other glue will not hold) It's just easier to have them recover it, as it only takes about 20 minutes, and half that is dry time, and they have the glue sprayer set up, I don't even clean my sprayers,  it's impossible, I have to toss them.

install in reverse order. don't press down hard on it with your fingers when putting it up, and don't crease it. I also constantly make sure my hands are clean, so I don't get fingerprints on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top