Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2007 2:30:19 PM EDT
My daughter has a computer in her room for games. I know using Windows 98 is border line child abuse. It is only used for games and is not connected to the Internet.
Well she burned the old drive up with Barbie riding club and now is on my back. A friend gave me some old drives to try. I'm spoiled from XP plug and play .
I can't remember how to install these type of drives? The guy making the donation said to hook up the same way and you will be fine? The old drive was set to cable select so that's what I did.
When I go to My Computer it doesn't show the drives?
I thought the Urban Commandos might know.
Thanks Ed

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like you did everything right.    

if the drive is my itself you might try setting it as master.    

when you start the computer up does it show the new drive in the bios??      press del or f1 a  couple times on startup will usually get it.  

might want to check the IDE ribbon cable.   make sure its plugged in secure on the drive itself AND secure to the motherboard as well.    

if you still have problems the drive could be bad.  or your system is having other problems
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top