Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 4:43:14 AM EDT
My brother-in-law wasn't a bad guy.

He's a semi-bright guy........but immature.

He worked for 12+ years in a furniture factory with a position of "stuffer".........whatever that is.

Earlier this year he entered something my Mother-in law refers to as a "Basic Law Enforcement Program" at the local community college. She tells me he is almost finished.

Yesterday during the male discussion at the family Christmas get-together  he began to express his "new attitude" about people and his "future position" as a law enforcement officer. This guy now basically sees himself as my overseer.........a position that I expressed to him is already filled by GOD!
His "Blah-blah-blah" was the same that I have heard on this board from the LEO-Lords for far too long.

I attempted to enter into a constructive debate........that failed.

Some strong words were spoken from both sides.

My point here is to say that I am still baffled about the "programming" that he has received.
Whatever programming it is........it is effective.............it has consumed him.

That's too bad...........he has 3 kids.............he's going to suffer for his attitude.

Another drone in training.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Kick him in the nuts.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
draw down
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:00:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
draw down

That was discussed.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I am sure he learned a lot from the community college.  

Did they teach them about the Constitiution or basic civil rights?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
draw down

That was discussed.

Had a best friend tell a similar story about a class he was atending in college a few years ago.

Apparently the instructor turned off the lights to see reactions, wannabe JBT started yelling telling people what to do. My friend told him to STFU or he'd beat his ass after class. My friend is an ex-Navy CeeBee/sniper and genuine biker. Wannabe STFU real quick.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

NOPE!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOPE!

- What state was this done in?   Blocks of instruction on Constitutional law are mandated here.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#8]
How does he feel about dogs?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]
He'll grow out of it with his first FTO.   It's easy to spot a rookie cause some of them have a big ol corncob stuck up their ass.   He'll learn how little he really knows and mellow out.    UNLESS he becomes a trooper
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:10:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOPE!

Well then, I see a long and successful career for him in LE.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#11]
This thread title cracks me up!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOPE!

- What state was this done in?   Blocks of instruction on Constitutional law are mandated here.

LOL..........in NORTH CAROLINA!........I repeatedly asked him about in struction in Constitutional law and he repeatedly said "No".
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Just miles from your doorstep, hundreds of men are given weapons and trained to kill. The government calls it the Army jbt academy, but a more alarmist name would be... The Killbot Factory
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
LOL..........in NORTH CAROLINA!........I repeatedly asked him about in struction in Constitutional law and he repeatedly said "No".

- Then where is he going through BLET (the actual name of the certification program)?  If he hasnt taken any classes in Constitutional Law, he is either not in the BLET program, is very early in the program, or is in a program that isnt being taught in the manner it is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Then where is he going through BLET (the actual name of the certification program)?  If he hasnt taken any classes in Constitutional Law, he is either not in the BLET program, is very early in the program, or is in a program that isnt being taught in the manner it is supposed to be.

I feel better already!..........

If this kid is what law enforcement is recruiting we are in BIG trouble.

He is tolerable as a factory worker or a car salesman.........but as a LEO?.........
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#16]
ok... care to share where he is supposedly doing BLET at?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Somewhere near the Hickory, NC area.......that's all I know.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#18]
We have a community college near us that does the same thing.  I ran into some of the "future officers" and they were horrible...  I laughed inside becuse to get employed localy you have to still go to the "Real" academy, and spend 6 mo. there learning the important stuff, like Const. law, and that you are not the boss of me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Somewhere near the Hickory, NC area.......that's all I know.

- hmmm, I dont have any experience with schools up there. Just going off what he has said, if accurate, he is either just started the course or he isnt in BLET at all.

Edited to add

NC BLET mandates 28 hours of training in Constitutional Law/Arrest, Search and Seizure.  Those are the hours of instruction, doesn't include testing and what might be added by individual departments
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't worry, he won't last long..
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Well it's going to hurt when they pull his head out of his when he hits the real acadamy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I knew a guy for years and he was really laid back and cool. He decided to go to the Academy and when I spoke to him next after the Academy he had a really cocky, I'm the boss, bow to me you peon, I know whats best for you attitude. Me and him were pretty tight and now I can't stand him, hes a prick extrodinaire and still wears a badge and has the same (or worse) attitude.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#24]
With that attitude he will be killed in the line of duty before he gets good and started
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top