Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 12:08:16 AM EDT
I've always wanted one, but I have no idea what the hell I want to get. It doesn't help that I'm so damn indecisive.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:11:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Use alcohol or drugs and seek the input of others who have a history of bad decisions.

It'll come to you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I got my first tattoo at age 16. Needed a parent present to sign off. I got the word "Loyalty" in Old English on the back of my right upper arm.

My most overlooked tattoo, but its the one that means the most to me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Just come up with an idea and go for it... Don't think of something too elaborate or crazy... Simple and traditional is the way to go.... The more you get the quicker you'll get em without second thought.... Just sayin...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I wasn't indecisive I was just extremely picky on who I trusted to do the work.  Had wanted one since before they had gone back mainstream but waited a good while to have it done still.  I have the next several planned out.  Just a matter of the proper artist to do the work.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just come up with an idea and go for it... Don't think of something too elaborate or crazy... Simple and traditional is the way to go.... The more you get the quicker you'll get em without second thought.... Just sayin...
View Quote

I agree.  Started with my last name on my back. Obviously not the most original idea but after that first one it got easier.

ETA:  this one is my most recent, in honor of my grandpa who past.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I simply found a piece of flash I liked and got it.

It was not weird or crazy. Something inoffensive.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#7]
GD says vodka and peer pressure decides.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got myself arrested and let the prison artist decide
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Walked into a shop in Venice beach CA shortly after they opened for the day, talked to the ink slinger while he set up and looked at his book of work then the wall of clip art.  Decided todays the day I solidify my status as a MAN and picked some trendy tribal piece and an hour later I was on my way. About a week later I shipped off to basic to complete my metamorphosis.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Most important is finding a tattoo artist that not only does quality work, but is also spotlessly clean, and can back up both with documentation. Take your time, and pick out something with meaning. Don't just jump on the first "cool" design you see. Once it's done, it's yours. Contrary to popular belief, it's not going to guarantee you a spot in prison, or a low-level job for life, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, and the world will damn sure keep on spinning when you finally get one done.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've always wanted one, but I have no idea what the hell I want to get. It doesn't help that I'm so damn indecisive.
View Quote

Visit a tattoo shop and take notice of the scum that loiter there. You will be joining them for all time. Bad decisions, Std's and failure will forever be your travel friends in life's journey.

Another option would be to invest the money a tat would cost everytime you feel the need. Or give it to charity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Paratrooper tattoo. After jumping out of planes for two years I figured I'd earned it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Visit a tattoo shop and take notice of the scum that loiter there. You will be joining them for all time. Bad decisions, Std's and failure will forever be your travel friends in life's journey.

Another option would be to invest the money a tat would cost everytime you feel the need. Or give it to charity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly the sole domain of inkies. There's quite a few bland skins who suffer the same fate.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just go with the first thing that comes to mind, OP...

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I got hammered in a cheap hotel while underage in a Marine town... that is that short version of my boot scar.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you had fun once, but it was terrible.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I wasn't indecisive I was just extremely picky on who I trusted to do the work.  Had wanted one since before they had gone back mainstream but waited a good while to have it done still.  I have the next several planned out.  Just a matter of the proper artist to do the work.
View Quote

I know of a good artist, who has done a bunch of ink on people at my kickboxing studio, so that's not a problem.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I flipped through a book and picked one. Not original at all. My next one is probably going to be a recreation of the butterfly my mom had on her shoulder. After that, who knows.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm told most inkies were maimed in prison by a guy named bubba
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#20]
You should  start slowly  a little meth  , a handle of cheap vodka,  unprotected sex with a cheap street hooker and then a tattoo.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I ever got a tattoo it was gonna be the propeller/thruster warning sign on large ships...both shoulders....but then I realized that money could be spent on beer.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Duh...it should be a skull of course
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I got shithammerd drunk on my 18th birthday and woke up with it

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#24]
100% true story

Stationed at McGuire AFB in the late 90"s, had a few beers and then a couple of us walked off base to the tattoo place across from the 7-11.  Picked one of the stupid flash pieces off the wall and thought it was a good idea.

35 year old me now realizes how idiotic this was, but 18 year old me at the time thought it was a good idea so I repeated the process a few times.....

Haven't got one in years, and not anti-inkie by any means, but not one of mine mean a god damn thing to me and if it didn't cost so much I'd have them all removed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#25]
I have no idea.  My only tattoo is pretty generic: a cross on my right shoulder.  It has been several years since I got it, I honestly can't really remember when I decided to get it (or when I decided what it would be for that matter.)
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about a small question mark.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Get a 2 on your back so the people swimming behind you know who is number 1.

Or a fleshlight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top