Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2001 1:26:37 PM EDT
I'm trying to setup Microsoft Outlook to check my mail from my AR15.com mail account. Need Help!
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll guess:
mail.ar15.com
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Guess
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are some settings / tips for the mail system:

WebMail Interface (and configuration / password change utility): [url]http://mail.ar15.com[/url]

POP3 (inbound mail) Server:  mail.ar15.com

SMTP (outbound mail) Server:  mail.ar15.com

- user name and password are case sensitive.
- your password must be 4-16 characters long.(alpha-numeric)
- for security, we require authentication for outbound (SMTP) mail.  check "MY SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION" in your mail client under server settings.
- if you are using a mail client to access the mail system and have it set up to automatically check for new messages, please ensure that you do not enter a time interval less than 10 minutes.  

- SOME ISP's intentionally block port 25 (the port used for outbound mail in order to lock you into using their mail servers for outbound mail.  simply use their server(s) for outbound mail and use the AR15.com system for inbound.
(ex:  MSN / Earthlink - Mindspring / etc..)

- maximum individual message size = 5mb  
- default mailbox size = 10mb (let us know if you need more space, it might be possible to arrange something)

- if you enable "Forwarding", please make sure that you enter a valid e-mail address!  (no spaces before or after the address -- no space or any other characters without a valid address -- sorry Oslow   [:D] )
- all mail (inbound and outbound) is scanned by our Declude Anti-Virus Gateway System.  it should detect and intercept most virus/worm transmissions to prevent the spread of virus infected mail.

One last note:  If you are using a mail client (ie: Outlook Express / Outlook / Eudora / etc...) to access your mail from your home computer, you may find that the WebMail system is quite convenient to use while travelling or at work.   You can send and receive mail and when you return to your primary computer, all you mail can still be downloaded to your mail client. (all except for messages deleted in the WebMail interface....)

Please let me (or Goatboy) know if you have ANY questions or experience any problems !

Thanks,
RBAD
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops... forgot to mention a few additional items:

We have designed the mail system to provide maximum security, privacy, speed and reliability.  All mail and passwords are encrypted on the server and all messages are scanned for potential virus content.

I am sure that most of you are very well aware that many employers monitor e-mail transmissions.   You might find it very useful to utilize your AR15.com mail account via the WebMail interface while at work.  This gives you the advantage of:

1. NOT utilizing THEIR mail server(s), which can easily be configured for monitoring, for your personal and private communications.

2. If your employer is monitoring the web site(s) that you are visiting, you will not raise suspicion by visiting  "hotmail" or other "free e-mail" sites.

3. If you are very concerned about their monitoring of your activity, you can even choose the "SSL / Secure" option on the WebMail login screen to encrypt your entire web session !

4. If you are concerned that a visit to any "gun related" site or your employer has blocked access to the AR15.com domain completely, you can now choose our alternate and discreet WebMail system to access your mail !!

Simply visit:   http://mail.web-comm.com and login using your FULL E-MAIL ADDRESS  (ie:  [email protected]) and password.   This will route you to our server without displaying the AR15.com domain.

[rolleyes][rolleyes] Can I take my tinfoil hat off now?  [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn e-mail system saved my butt this week.  The anti-virus screening thing is WAY COOL!
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 4:23:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The "discreet" webmail thing is way cool. My mail client is working just fine, thank you very much.

How am I supposed to know about invisible addresses?  [B)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top