Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/26/2002 7:53:43 PM EST
Got some West German Flectar body armor from Tapco and wondering what people know about it and about the protection it provides. Probably just some frag vest but its much lighter than the US one I have and that one does very good with handgun rounds. The panel says ARAMID LOS:1 LBAW. LBAW is Lightweight Body Armour & Wahler Gmbh. Made in 1988. Very nice piece. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:15:55 PM EST
I know someone is up late like me being a loser. Help a loser out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:18:38 PM EST
Callin' folks losers ain't gonna help you too much. [;)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:18:42 PM EST
i'm not sure, so don't go shoot yourself with it on, but it's equivalent to a NIJ level 2a, which will stop most standard velocity handgun rounds, but its primary design was/is for missile fragmentation protection (shrapnel)
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 9:51:15 PM EST
Well – TAPCO describes it as being great for extra protection during a paintball game!! Please take the following with a grain of salt. However, the stateside level IIa vests circa 1988 typically had 16 layers of Kevlar. If you can open a seam slightly and see how many layers you’ve got, this might give you some idea of the level of protection. Keep in mind, though, that there are different types of Kevlar, there are different weaves of Kevlar fabric, and there are different ways of constructing the final panels. All of these can affect the body armor’s actual bullet resistance. For what it’s worth, level I vests typically had 9 layers of Kevlar. These were rated against .22LR and standard velocity .38 Special rounds and are now pretty much obsolete.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:40:11 PM EST
I have one here, and its a dandy conversation peice. I would like to know where to get some flectar pants.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:47:46 PM EST
Tapco body armor + 380 auto= toe tag. Keep it for paintballs and touch football.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:07:25 PM EST
Hint: this camo pattern is called "Flecktarn", not flectar, btw. "Flecktarn" ~~~ spotted camo, sort of, a "Fleck" is a stain, and "tarnen", to hide = Flecktarn. It's not a brand, or a tradename for a formula (like Kevlar or Teflon), it's just a descriptive word. And now you know how to spell it :) "Flecktarn" [img]http://www.battlefront.com/resources/poc/_poc_images/full/westgerman4.jpg[/img]
Top Top