Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 1:37:30 PM EDT
1) What did Oswald use to shoot JFK, extra point for the correct caliber?
2) Which two long guns were used to outgun the police in the North Hollywood Bank robbery?
3) Caliber of the John Wilkes Booth Deringer used in the Abraham Lincoln shooting?
4) Jack Ruby's revolver?
5) Which handguns did the two Puerto Rican nationalists use in their attack on Harry Truman?

E.C.) Which handgun was used to shoot Franz Ferdinand?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
2) Which two long guns were used to outgun the police in the North Hollywood Bank robbery?
3) Caliber of the John Wilkes Booth Deringer used in the Abraham Lincoln shooting?
4) Jack Ruby's revolver?
5) Which handguns did the two Puerto Rican nationalists use in their attack on Harry Truman?

E.C.) Which handgun was used to shoot Franz Ferdinand?

Ok, wihout looking anything up, this is a good as I can give.

1. Mannlicher Carcano, don't know the caliber
2. AR15 and AK47
3. .32 caliber
4. don't know
5. don't know

EC. It was a small Browning auto loader, can't remember the model.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty good w/o looking anything up. Anyone else? Or other infamous guns...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Italian military surplus Model 91/38 "Mannlicher-Carcano", 6.5x52 mm
3 AKM assault rifles
1 HK G3A4 battle rifle
1 M16A1 rifle with 100 round C-Mag

.44 caliber
4) Jack Ruby's revolver?
snub-nosed Colt Cobra .38 with the serial number 2744 LW
Oscar Collazo used a Walther P38, Griselio Torresola used a Luger, each used German steel-jacketed 9 x 19 mm Parabellum ammunition
6) Which handgun was used to shoot Franz Ferdinand?
a Browning M 1910 semi-automatic pistol in 7.65×17mm (.32 ACP) caliber

I looked it all up, I knew the JFK assasination rifle, but needed to know hot to spell it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked up the Lincoln assassination pistols caliber because I thought .44 was to big. Doing a quick google I found references to pistols of:

1. .32 caliber
2. .41 caliber
3. .44 caliber
4. .45 caliber
5. .50 caliber

So which is it? Guess I'll have to dig deeper.

I should have known the Browning pistols model. My wife is directly related to JMB's sister Olive Ann.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:32:58 AM EDT
[#5]
More Trivia: What guns did the Texas Rangers use in the late 1800's?  How did they find them?  What caliber?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I am reading a book about Old West guns, the SAA ruled right?

What did John Wesley Hardin & Billy the Kid carry instead?
Colt Double Action revolvers! Much easier to use when you were shooting two guns at once.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok, wihout looking anything up, this is a good as I can give.

1. Mannlicher Carcano, don't know the caliber
2. AR15 and AK47
3. .32 caliber
4. don't know
5. don't know

EC. It was a small Browning auto loader, can't remember the model.

About the same as what I remembered. Didnt know Oswalds was two words, I remembered Carcano, I didnt know the EC at all, and thought Ruby used a snubnosed .38
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
More Trivia: What guns did the Texas Rangers use in the late 1800's?  How did they find them?  What caliber?

Again without looking..

The Walker Colts? They were .44 caliber. I'm not sure what you mean about "How did they find them". If I remember from History Channel Walker approached SC about making a larger caliber pistol because the .38's (not sure about this caliber) then in service did not have the knock down power the Rangers needed/wanted.

If it's not the Walker Colts, then I'm clueless. Which is the usual state of thngs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#9]
They found them in an abandoned crate.  A good number of them, between 24 and 50 if memory serves.

Why can't people abandon a crate of 1911's near my AO?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They found them in an abandoned crate.  A good number of them, between 24 and 50 if memory serves.

Why can't people abandon a crate of 1911's near my AO?

I was reading awhile back that about 15 or so years ago a French contractor was bulldozing a field for a construction project. The 'Dozer plowed into the buried corner of a German WWII era bunker/block house. Inside they discovered two sealed crates full of brand new, still packed in grease, MP40s.

Damn, I'd have given my left nut (I already have enough kids) to have been that French 'Dozer operator...... there'd have been at least a couple of those weapons missing by the time the authorities arrived (if they were even called!!).
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:20:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Just watched a special on S&W firearms.  They said Harden carried a S&W, Schofield, I believe.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just watched a special on S&W firearms.  They said Harden carried a S&W, Schofield, I believe.

The double action revolvers were their last guns, but Schofields did have a good rep among gunfughters.
Jesse James carried them too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top