Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 6:21:25 PM EDT
We have had a critter running around the attic for the last month and haven't been able to snag him.  Tonight my son (5 years old) and I are watching TV and we hear scratching in the heater duct.  Somehow this thing got into the duct work and was getting cooked from the heat .. ran all way down to the grate on the wall and had no place to go.  I quickly grabbed my son's new Christmas Present ...  a $17 Daisy Buck BB Gun from Walmart and shot that sucker through the grate.   Pulled off the grate and let my son Colton show off the first trophy taken with his new BB Gun!  What an exciting evening!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe this made it to page 5 with out any comments!!   ROFL, man those are some funny ass pictures!!   Your son has a good mount there!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
you kill it...you grill it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
meat is murder!!!
J/K good kill
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My boy has one of those.
Pretty nice BB gun for $17.97.

Head shoots water snakes, no problem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent. That kid looks 100% boy!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Now if the libtards see this they will send the animal cops to your home for being cruel to the rat. Next they will send the chid protection services to your house to see how you have been abusing your boy, and the living conditions where you have rats.
Nice kill train them to hunt and fish.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't believe that daisy BB gun killed the rat.  One shot one kill
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#8]
That second picture is PRICELESS.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Geez, man, what do you have, 15' ceilings?

You know, frozen paintballs work real well, too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#10]
You know, it is a custom to drink the blood/eat the heart/eat the liver of your first kill...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Ha ha that's great. I like your son's name, pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm glad he didn't put his eye out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not 100% sure of how many shots it took.  The one that finally got him was when he stood up and exposed his chest to the grate. I nailed him in the middle of the chest and that was that ...  The box rates the Daisy Buck at 350 FPS ....

We have a cathredal type ceiling in the living room ... about 20 feet high ...

His middle name is Maverick .... so

Colton Maverick is his full name .....  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#14]
That my friend is a endangered duct rat. I would not be posting his picture. Someone call PETA.

good shot
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#15]
We used to get a mouse or two in our old trailer a couple times a year. I had one that could trip a mouse trap and steal the bait. I tried and tried to catch him to no avail. Finally I was watching TV one night when I noticed some movement by the window AC unit. I walk over and see the mouse had climbed into the vent and was just sitting there. AC unit was turned on low at the time. He couldn't go any further back into the vent because the fan would have chopped him up, and he was just out of my reach.

I tried to figure out how to get him out and went to find the bb gun. Everytime I walked away from the AC unit he would stick his head out of the vent, then I'd run back and scare him back inside the unit. Finally I took out my gerber multitool and positioned the jaws right where he kept sticking his head out. I cranked the AC all the way up and waited. Took about 5 attempts but I finally caught him by his nose with the pliers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I had a couple of rats in my garage and attic last winter. I trapped one but the other dragged the tarps around.
I finally got him with a shovel. Probably about 35fps but I like the slow heavy theory over your light high speed projectile.
Good looking kid. I loved my old Daisy BB gun too.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#17]
god I was hoping that kid was going to be wearing a UGA shirt.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#18]
My family used to have a cat which liked to play with the mice, but not kill them. One day I caught her playing with one in the garage, soon we were infested with mice. So I setup the ultimate mousetrap. You need a five gallon bucket, a 2x4, pill bottle, wire coat hanger, peanut butter and some water. Drill a hole in the center of the top and bottom of the pill bottle, straighten out the coat hanger and thread it through the pill bottle. You want the pill bottle to spin freely. Hook the hanger across the top of  the bucket so the pill bottle is centered. I wrapped the hanger around the bucket handle where it attaches to the bucket. Pour several inches of water into the bucket. Smear the peanut butter on the pill bottle, put the bucket near infested area, and lean 2x4 on bucket as a ramp.

I did this in my garage, nothing for 3-4 days. Then one morning there were 13 mice in the bucket. No sign of mice since that time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
you kill it...you grill it!

I'll take a large cheese w/ xtra rat please....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top