Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2017 2:40:11 PM EDT
LINK

What a stinky situation to find yourself in. Not sure what was being said between the parties involved, but he failed to curry favor with his attackers, who assaulted him with sticks/bats. He shoots a few with his revolver, but runs dry.

Holy cow
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Wheel guns are backups to my backups. 15+1 FTW.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The Bernie Goetz of our time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Needed more rounds
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not really understanding what I'm seeing.

Guy starts shooting, one guy gets hit and looks like he's calling "time out" at 0:43, everyone else dances around with their sticks like there is no real danger.  I was expecting a fight or flight response.  Not just a bunch of dudes squaring off while the shooter pops a couple caps in their legs.

I've never been in a gun fight though so what do I know.  Can someone explain what I'm looking at?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guy starts shooting, one guy gets hit and looks like he's calling "time out" at 0:43, everyone else dances around with their sticks like there is no real danger.  I was expecting a fight or flight response.  Not just a bunch of dudes squaring off while the shooter pops a couple caps in their legs.

I've never been in a gun fight though so what do I know.  Can someone explain what I'm looking at?
View Quote
Sounds like the Channel 5 News Team.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Guy starts shooting, one guy gets hit and looks like he's calling "time out" at 0:43, everyone else dances around with their sticks like there is no real danger. I was expecting a fight or flight response. Not just a bunch of dudes squaring off while the shooter pops a couple caps in their legs.

I've never been in a gun fight though so what do I know. Can someone explain what I'm looking at?
View Quote
The guy with the gun did the needful just as effectively as Indian IT 'resources'.  Half the job not done, the other half done poorly and will consider that good enough.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is this "time out?" You can't call time out in a gun fight!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Still engaging a man with a gun?

And they swing bats like fags. How many strikes did our hero take, only to jog away from the scene.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
It appears that India prohibits all civilian semi-auto ownership, and the largest caliber they allow for handguns is .32 Long.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Hope he does the needful and buys a better gun now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't understand why revolver man didn't plug the other two stick men.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Even after handling the situation like shit the revolver did him alright. Neither party seemed motivated to fight. He couldve shot all of them right there at the door no problem, 10x more violence of action he could have flipped the script on them IMO.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Even after handling the situation like shit the revolver did him alright. Neither party seemed motivated to fight. He couldve shot all of them right there at the door no problem, 10x more violence of action he could have flipped the script on them IMO.
View Quote
What the hell are you talking about? 

Not motivated to fight? They still came after him even though he was shooting them.

He ran the gun dry and most likely got beat to death as a result.

I think you have played too many video games or something.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#14]
He shouldn't have stopped shooting. If he would have popped one more guy right after he shot the first dude, they probably would have scattered like Ganges River roaches.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Without a *lot* of money, in India your choices are a .32 S&W copy of a Webley with 6 rounds you can safely carry ready to fire, a .22lr revolver that holds 8 rounds that takes more time to reload than the top-break Webley clone, or a .32ACP semi with 8 round mags, with *maybe* a second mag included when you buy the pistol, that is unsafe to carry ready to fire, and reportedly prone to malfunctions.

Were I living in India, I'd tote the .32 wheelgun.

(there's also a 5" barrel version, which I think the guy in the video had)

or:

or:
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not motivated to fight? They still came after him even though he was shooting them.

View Quote
Another poster already mentioned how they swung like girls and our vic just jogged away from it. After he shot them they just half assed pursued him. They were all just standing around unsure of what to do and the shooter didnt look proficient with his gun at all.

Pull your head out of your ass.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Your shooting,moving or reloading ...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Without a *lot* of money, in India your choices are a .32 S&W copy of a Webley with 6 rounds you can safely carry ready to fire, a .22lr revolver that holds 8 rounds that takes more time to reload than the top-break Webley clone, or a .32ACP semi with 8 round mags, with *maybe* a second mag included when you buy the pistol, that is unsafe to carry ready to fire, and reportedly prone to malfunctions.

Were I living in India, I'd tote the .32 wheelgun.

http://ofb.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/3_sa_32rev.jpg
(there's also a 5" barrel version, which I think the guy in the video had)

or:
http://ofb.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/2_sa_22rev.jpg

or:
http://ofb.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/4_sa_32pis.jpg
View Quote
Yikes. Talk about a shit sandwich
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#19]
What did you expect?

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It appears that India prohibits all civilian semi-auto ownership, and the largest caliber they allow for handguns is .32 Long.  
View Quote
It's probably an IOF .32 copy of the Enfield No. 2 Revolver. IOF has a virtual stranglehold on the civilian gun market over there. They have no need to innovate and they do not.

You can get other stuff if you're connected or have the scratch to bribe the babus.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hope he does the needful and buys a better gun now.
View Quote
See my post above---better guns are staggeringly expensive, and ammo insane.

A friend of mine goes back to India once a year to visit his folks, and each time he does he imports the max amount of .40 ammo he can (either 25 or 50 rounds, depending on the whims of the permitting official,) and sells them for $15-$20 a round.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do not---the government even sells a (crappy) semiauto pistol.  Semiauto rifles are out, as are any semiauto pistols in 9mm (officially,) and .380 (in some areas, with licensing officials who don't know the difference between .380 and .38 S&W,) but other semis can be found.  Like I said though, at insane prices.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I bet he wishes he hadn't left his tomahawk at home.  Life on the reservation must be crazy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#24]
looks comical 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#25]
This is why I luv my Glock 19.     Hard to beet 18+1.    

But anyway, revolvers r great.   Until you're out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They do not---the government even sells a (crappy) semiauto pistol.  Semiauto rifles are out, as are any semiauto pistols in 9mm (officially,) and .380 (in some areas, with licensing officials who don't know the difference between .380 and .38 S&W,) but other semis can be found.  Like I said though, at insane prices.
View Quote
The confusion with .380/.38S&W (and any Prohibited Bore classification) is likely due to the fact that .38S&W is called .380 Revolver over there.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but retiring Army officers used to be able to buy their IOF 9mm (copy of the Inglis Hi-Power) and were granted a PB license to keep it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#27]
He's shooting them in the legs and it didn't do much. Wondering what round, .22?

Guns are illegal in India
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
LINK

What a stinky situation to find yourself in. Not sure what was being said between the parties involved, but he failed to curry favor with his attackers, who assaulted him with sticks/bats. He shoots a few with his revolver, but runs dry.

Holy cow
View Quote

Indian man?
Curry favor?
Holy Cow?

You racist.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#29]
If you can't take out 4 targets at close range with a 5 or 6 shot revolver, you need more practice. Head shots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Another poster already mentioned how they swung like girls and our vic just jogged away from it. After he shot them they just half assed pursued him. They were all just standing around unsure of what to do and the shooter didnt look proficient with his gun at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Life isn't a video game or a movie. These guys were in it to finish and they did exactly that.

He shot 3 of 4 attackers and totally disabled one with only 6 rounds of .32 ammo available to him. That's pretty fucking impressive. 6 rounds is nothing when your adrenaline is pumping. That was some serious ammo discipline.

The attackers only hesitated because they were waiting for their buddies to rejoin the fight, which is intelligent. In a real fight where you have the numbers, you can afford to pick your battles. The ONLY guy who quit fighting was the one who attacked alone and got gut shot as a result. The others didn't back down for a single second.

The average ARFCOM couch commando would have been beaten to death with that revolver shoved up their ass byl 4 very enthusiastic opponents. This guy at least managed to take a couple of them out of the fight.

You guys crack me up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you can't take out 4 targets at close range with a 5 or 6 shot revolver, you need more practice. Head shots.
View Quote
You live in a fantasy world.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#33]
His big mistake was letting them get too close. If he would have dropped 2 at the start, the others would have run. He would have saved ammo and a beating.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Life isn't a video game or a movie. These guys were in it to finish and they did exactly that.

He shot 3 of 4 attackers and totally disabled one with only 6 rounds of .32 ammo available to him. That's pretty fucking impressive. 6 rounds is nothing when your adrenaline is pumping. That was some serious ammo discipline.

The attackers only hesitated because they were waiting for their buddies to rejoin the fight, which is intelligent. In a real fight where you have the numbers, you can afford to pick your battles. The ONLY guy who quit fighting was the one who attacked alone and got gut shot as a result. The others didn't back down for a single second.

The average ARFCOM couch commando would have been beaten to death with that revolver shoved up their ass byl 4 very enthusiastic opponents. This guy at least managed to take a couple of them out of the fight.

You guys crack me up.
View Quote
You're the only one here who seems to think that was an "enthusiastic" attack. There's plenty of footage of enthusiastic attacks if you'd like to see some. Oh wait you dont need see the footage cuz you've probably seen real shit, man.Every one of the 4 attackers funneled through the same door he couldve got 2-3 in the upper torso right there in the doorway easily.  Ammo discipline? Guy wasnt even aiming down his sights properly GTFO with that BS.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The guy with the gun did the needful just as effectively as Indian IT 'resources'.  Half the job not done, the other half done poorly and will consider that good enough.
View Quote
"did the needful"  lol.  you must work with a bunch of Indians also.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Fucker needs to work on shot placement and his personal level of aggressiveness.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]
He did well with what he had
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fucker needs to work on shot placement and his personal level of aggressiveness.
View Quote
No! Dont critique his obvious shortcomings, couch commando! Back to the basement for you!

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You're the only one here who seems to think that was an "enthusiastic" attack. There's plenty of footage of enthusiastic attacks if you'd like to see some. Oh wait you dont need see the footage cuz you've probably seen real shit, man.Every one of the 4 attackers funneled through the same door he couldve got 2-3 in the upper torso right there in the doorway easily.  Ammo discipline? Guy wasnt even aiming down his sights properly GTFO with that BS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys crack me up.
Nothin but LOLs for ya.

Keep shootin that dirt ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Nothin but LOLs for ya.

Keep shootin that dirt ARFCOM.
View Quote

Will do, bud.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
LINK

Holy cow
View Quote

"Curry favor..."

"Holy cow...."

I hesitate to Goa there, but you have a Sikh sense of humour.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"Curry favor..."

"Holy cow...."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LINK

Holy cow

"Curry favor..."

"Holy cow...."

Damn you've raised the bar!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#44]
What a weird encounter.  Nobody really seemed to have their heart in it.

Looks like it stings pretty good to take a pill from that wheelgun  

First stick-fag just sits down and quits.   Doesn't even serve up a decent, manly pool of blood  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#45]
I know how crazy it gets in a firefight, but man he had time to get one headshot.

Sounds like he needs two revolvers and some extra time at the range.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I know how crazy it gets in a firefight, but man he had time to get one headshot.

View Quote
New York India reload FTW!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup.

The New York reload!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"did the needful" lol. you must work with a bunch of Indians also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"did the needful" lol. you must work with a bunch of Indians also.
Retired this past April.  Worked with them and made a couple of trips over there to attempt to teach them how to do something useful IT wise.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Never bring a stick to a gun......... wait, never mind

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Attackers did not run away when shooting started contrary to what some on gun forums expect.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top