Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:06:54 AM EDT
I work in software and have a lot of Indian co-workers.  They have taken me to a couple of Indian restaurants.  This stuff is pretty darn good!  I can’t pronounce what the heck it is.  But I will eat the heck out of it!

It is so flavorful.  Its so strong that I really don’t think I could eat it more than once a week or less.  Butter chicken and the curry rice thing on top of the weird buttered toasted flat bread thingy is awesome!

Who else is liking Indian food?

Poll inbound
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
hell yeah its good stuff!  The curry chicken and rice is the best.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Curry chicken and Tandoori chicken kicks ass.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:10:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Good stuff. But since I moved to Florida the nearest Indian restaurant is over 70 miles away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#4]
chicken vindaloo and that nan bread , yum
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
chicken vindaloo and that nan bread , yum

hell yeah
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#7]
after working for indians for a year or 2, i won't touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
food is good
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#9]
How to fool people into thinking you're an international gourmand:

Go to your local Indian grocer, in front of the insanely huge Indian video/dvd rental section you'll find this shit (or something like it labled vindaloo, or curry, or tikka, etc):

Brown up some meat (ground beef, venison, turkey, chicken breast, whatever) - throw in some onions and let them carmelize a little.

Throw in about a quarter  to a half jar of this shit and let blaze away for a minute and then throw in a big can of tomato's (whole, chunk, whatever floats your boat) and let that simmer for 20 minutes.  After that dump a bunch of chopped cilantro on it and get ready to serve it over rice.

It's the bomb.  The jar of India is the key though - gotta have that stuff.  Instead of rice you can also pick up some naan (flat bread) and burn that for 20 seconds a side in a hot pan and then just rip off chunks of it and dip it in the shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Feathers or Dots?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Love it.

Biryani is one of my favs.

It is sort of an Indian fried rice.

But I like it all.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Rather have Thai any day . Indian food just seems soupy . Unless the ? was to do w/ American Indian food .... No thank you .
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Feathers or Dots?

Dots!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Rather have Thai any day . Indian food just seems soupy . Unless the ? was to do w/ American Indian food .... No thank you .

My Indian coworkers only go places that server "real" Indian food.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Indian is some of the best cuisine out there... and it should be... they've been at it for thousands of years. Fantastic stuff. I can't get enough of it, and it hurts so bad that I live in an area that has no Indian food nearby.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Never had it... But I can't stand that friggin smell!  All the indians at school smell like that, take a shower, have a hamburger.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Feathers or Dots?

Dots!

I'd rather eat a bucket of warm shit with re-cycled corn in it
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#20]
UPDATE

Just got back from a place called Taj Palace.  I just had to undo a belt knotch.  Soo full.  Some lamb thing that was awsome.  Veggie Korma, Butter chicken, the rice with chicken and other stuff in it and the Nan bread stuff.

Where is a drewling smiley?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I love fry bread.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Lee loves it, I friggin hate it.  Too much curry and the smell is impossible to get out of the apartment.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Its ok, not that great, but I'll eat it maybe once a year.

As for spicy its weak, everything I had the spices were soo weak I could snort a line of them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a few Brit friends that love it. I can take it or leave it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

As for spicy its weak, everything I had the spices were soo weak I could snort a line of them.

You did not go to a good resturaunt then I don't think.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
UPDATE

Just got back from a place called Taj Palace.  I just had to undo a belt knotch.  Soo full.  Some lamb thing that was awsome.  Veggie Korma, Butter chicken, the rice with chicken and other stuff in it and the Nan bread stuff.

Damn, now I know what to have for lunch.

My favorite Indian take out in Herndon closed. Any recs for Reston/Herndon?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I love all Asian (including the sub continent) foods.  Indian is one of my favorites.  

One of the big worries I have if I leave this area is where to indulge all of my ethnic food cravings.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, no shit.

I like really spicy food, but when I order Indian I say "hot, but not Indian hot"
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#29]
I like it every once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPDATE

Can't help you there.  I am working over in Fairfax.  Although, if you take 28 south to 50 west, and go 50 west about a quarter mile, there is a strip mall on the left with a green roof.  In there is a place called Minerva.  Its pretty darn good. Around the corner from that is Blue Ridge Arsonal too, so you can eat and then shoot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the expierence from all 3 I een to, I have only ever found 2 Thai places that were hot enough for me.  The rest of them when I ask for it as hot as they can make it look at me like "you gonna die" then bring me some food I dont even need a drink with.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#32]
damnit...double posting again.  I will flagellate myself in penance.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the expierence from all 3 I een to, I have only ever found 2 Thai places that were hot enough for me.  The rest of them when I ask for it as hot as they can make it look at me like "you gonna die" then bring me some food I dont even need a drink with.

then you're just a freak
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I like Indian, but they don't have that many meat dishes. To much bread and potatos for my taste. I like Thai and Vietnamese better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I love fry bread.

+1

Frybread nation.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I like Indian, but they don't have that many meat dishes. To much bread and potatos for my taste. I like Thai and Vietnamese better.

I always thought that in Maryland, bt the Indian places around here in Virginia have lots of meat.  No beef of course, but lots of chicken and lamb, and some pork.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

then you're just a freak

We know that, i drank a bottle of terraki sauce straight at lunch the other week
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Smells like shit and I figure it tastes about like it too.

Absolutely the worst crap I have ever had in my life.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Hmmmm.....maybe I am missing out.  I have never tried it.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Good friend's parents are visiting from India.
The restaraunt food doesn't hold a candle to her cooking.
She makes a bunch of curries while she is here and freezes them for her son to eat later.  I try to visit often.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPDATE

There are a few in Herndon, the one in the clock tower center has allot of different stuff but costs more. Then the K-Mart shopping center has two that are less expensive but have less variety. They all seem decent to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPDATE

There are a few in Herndon, the one in the clock tower center has allot of different stuff but costs more. Then the K-Mart shopping center has two that are less expensive but have less variety. They all seem decent to me.

the k-mart center was where the take-out one closed - in that little strip that 5 Guys is in now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I can't pronounce half the shit, but it's awesome!

Butter chicken, Bombay shrimp, basmati rice, and all the Naan you can give me!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPDATE

the k-mart center was where the take-out one closed - in that little strip that 5 Guys is in now.

cafe india, that was the cheap one didnt realize it closed.
I found this site that has indian places around us.link
and every other place in herndon. link
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Then you don't know how to order. Go to a good Indian restaurant and order Lamb Vindaloo as "Indian hot" and you will be paying for it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Northern and Southern Indian are completely different cuisines. If I recall (I get them backwards sometimes), Northern eats meat, Southern doesn't. You may have been to a restaurant dominated by Southern Indian cuisine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#47]
I despise curry with a passion. Naturally, I dont touch Indian food.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

You need some GOOD Madras, my man.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Chilled monkey brain is one of my favorites...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Tikka Masala MMMMMM YUMMMMM!!!

Paneer is some yummy stuff too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top