Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:50:51 PM EDT
Well I knew it was coming but it was confirmed today. I received a letter from the company I work for that stated beginning on Jan. 1, 2011 our insurance premiums would increase 30%. The letter went on to say that this was directly related to Obamacare eliminating pre-existing condition exclusions, eliminating the lifetime benefit amount and extending coverage to children until 26.

Anyone else seeing substantial increases in there premiums next year thanks to Obamacare?

I'd like to close with a great big FBO!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:53:56 PM EDT
My employer uses BCBS and they've already modified our benefits, instead of raising the insurance costs to us, they simply but back the benefits and kept the price the same. I just inquired about wisdom teeth extraction and was informed that it was not covered, period.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:56:14 PM EDT
For those who wanted change or voted a protest vote, all I can say is thanks a lot ass hole.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:56:21 PM EDT
Surprisingly, health care providers and insurers weren't in the top 20 donors to his campaign. They're making a mint off of him, though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:58:37 PM EDT
I can't even get coverage. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:59:35 PM EDT
Short version, cost went up $37 a week, coverage went down.
When he talks about redistribution of wealth he means it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:00:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Palm:
For those who wanted change or voted a protest vote, all I can say is thanks a lot ass hole.

I'll second that. I didn't much like the choices either but sometimes you have to do what's necessary.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:04:41 PM EDT
sweet!

my premiums went up 160 a month, copays doubled and prescriptions increased at the beginning of the year.

i'm betting that it's does that again on the first!

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:10:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mongo001:
Surprisingly, health care providers and insurers weren't in the top 20 donors to his campaign. They're making a mint off of him, though.

Really?

Do you think payments to physicians and hospitals have increased?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:14:54 PM EDT

I get to find out in October.

If the rates are outrageous, I will drop the plan and get a catastrophic, pay any penalties. It will be cheaper than paying stupid premiums for coverage we may or may not use. HSA's are getting axed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:29:30 PM EDT
And believe it or not, there are STILL people who think that they will just wake up one morning and be completely insured, able to just go to the doctor or dentist and get whatever they need and it wont cost them a dime!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:32:04 PM EDT
I'm seriously debating doing the same.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:33:28 PM EDT
Mine already exploded during our open enrollment period. Copay doubled for everything IE: $40 for a regular doctor visit. Premiums per pay period almost tippled as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 6:46:02 PM EDT by txgp17]
Please scan and post the letter so we can share it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:59:20 PM EDT
Mine went uip 40% with NO prior claims last March.

Thanks Imam Hussein obama
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:19:38 PM EDT
I have been a health insurance broker for 15 years. You just think it is bad now. Private insurance will not survive the laws as they are currently written. That was the agenda from the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:24:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:
Originally Posted By mongo001:

Really?

Do you think payments to physicians and hospitals have increased?

+1

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:26:46 PM EDT
My Blue Cross policy for me and my family (wife, daughter & son) is $2,500 per month so don't expect much sympathy from me.
And it WILL go up this year as every year.

Unbelievable.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:27:04 PM EDT

The letter went on to say that this was directly related to Obamacare eliminating pre-existing condition exclusions, eliminating the lifetime benefit amount and extending coverage to children until 26.

Somebody gotta pay for all that shit!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:33:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gonzo_beyondo:

The letter went on to say that this was directly related to Obamacare eliminating pre-existing condition exclusions, eliminating the lifetime benefit amount and extending coverage to children until 26.

Somebody gotta pay for all that shit!

yeah, that pissed me off considering i can't claim them after 18.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:33:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TC6969:
And believe it or not, there are STILL people who think that they will just wake up one morning and be completely insured, able to just go to the doctor or dentist and get whatever they need and it wont cost them a dime!

Thanks to assholes like Michael Moore.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:34:32 PM EDT
I'm in my 20s and as healthy as I'll ever be. Health insurance isn't on my list of priorities. Like Social Security, its based on young healthy people paying for the elderly or the wildly obese...
Top Top