Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/14/2006 1:19:13 PM EDT
My initial impressions:
-The PKM is the new uber gun.  You can snipe with it, run around and shoot it, and just stay prone and mow ppl. down.
-AA has been improved, but for planes it only really makes a difference now when you try to attack the AA.  Haven't tried helis against it yet.
-You can throw grenades about 60meters now.  I think it was around 30 before the patch..?
-You can still n00b t00b, but you will prob. die doing it.
-You can still jump prone, you just can't shoot until you hit the ground.
-In game browser is still wacked.

What are yours?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My initial impressions:
[r]-The PKM is the new uber gun.  You can snipe with it, run around and shoot it, and just stay prone and mow ppl. down.[/r]
-AA has been improved, but for planes it only really makes a difference now when you try to attack the AA.  Haven't tried helis against it yet.
-You can throw grenades about 60meters now.  I think it was around 30 before the patch..?
-You can still n00b t00b, but you will prob. die doing it.
-You can still jump prone, you just can't shoot until you hit the ground.
-In game browser is still wacked.

What are yours?

Schweet!

And I loved it before!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure. I've grown a liking to the L96 so far. Much more accurate in my opinion. I'll have to try out the M24 and M95 and see if the improvements are any good. BTW Absolut, nice hunt.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Links to patch download?

Also, whats the difference between the two patches.  One is a "incremental patch".  One is 87mb and the other is 375mb.  Which one?  Nevermind, figured it out!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the 1.2 patch ruined it for players with older ATI Radeon cards.

ATI Radeon 8500 & 92xx series seem to have been affected.

Buildings and other objects not displaying (invisable), very low FPS.

I'm reverting back to patch 1.12 until more comes out about this. I may be forced to upgrade to a newer video card.

I have an ATI 9600XT on my other PC. I will wait and see about upgrading that one to ver 1.2.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Looks like the 1.2 patch ruined it for players with older ATI Radeon cards.

ATI Radeon 8500 & 92xx series seem to have been affected.

Buildings and other objects not displaying (invisable), very low FPS.

I'm reverting back to patch 1.12 until more comes out about this. I may be forced to upgrade to a newer video card.

I have an ATI 9600XT on my other PC. I will wait and see about upgrading that one to ver 1.2.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

running fine w/ my 9600XT
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I played one match on an EA public server earlier, and shot down 4 helicopters and a jet.  The new AA is a godsend.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered a ATI AIW X800XT 256 GDDR3 AGP 8X card.

Sorry.. I just like ATI cards....lol I got my monies worth out of this old 8500 Radeon.

It will be the last AGP card I'll probably ever buy for this old PC. I was hoping to be able to hold out until then with the 8500. I'll build an Ultimate gaming rig later this year, this one will have to suffice for a bit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just ordered a ATI AIW X800XT 256 GDDR3 AGP 8X card.

Sorry.. I just like ATI cards....lol I got my monies worth out of this old 8500 Radeon. he

where did you order it? how does it compare to a 6800gs or 7800gs?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I don't really need the fastest video card out there for gaming on this old rig. So, I picked the features I wanted for this old AGP PC (Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, AMD XP 3000, 1Gb DDR).

I like the multimendia stuff, remote control,  TIVO like features, and TV tuner in the Radeon All in Wonder cards. That's why I picked the ATI AIW X800XT. I have been eyeing it for a while, it just not worth getting anything faster for this PC. X800XT also doesn't do too bad of a job with the current crop of games.

I picked it up at www.newegg.com

X800XT GDDR3 256Mb 8X AGP $299 RETAIL
X800XT GDDR3 256Mb 8X AGP $218 REFURB OEM

The X800XT will be inbetween the performance of the 6800GS & 7800GS.

Graph shows it running at a really high resolution & settings. I won't be pushing my settings that high.

7800GS reviews
www.techreport.com/reviews/2006q1/geforce-7800gs/index.x?pg=1
www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2686
www.firingsquad.com/hardware/bfg_geforce_7800_gs_agp
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Installed patch and had no problems.  Shooting down helos is easy as hell now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well I don't really need the fastest video card out there for gaming on this old rig. So, I picked the features I wanted for this old AGP PC (Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, AMD XP 3000, 1Gb DDR).

I like the multimendia stuff, remote control,  TIVO like features, and TV tuner in the Radeon All in Wonder cards. That's why I picked the ATI AIW X800XT. I have been eyeing it for a while, it just not worth getting anything faster for this PC. X800XT also doesn't do too bad of a job with the current crop of games.

I picked it up at www.newegg.com

X800XT GDDR3 256Mb 8X AGP $299 RETAIL
X800XT GDDR3 256Mb 8X AGP $218 REFURB OEM

The X800XT will be inbetween the performance of the 6800GS & 7800GS.

www.techreport.com/reviews/2006q1/geforce-7800gs/bf2.gif
Graph shows it running at a really high resolution & settings. I won't be pushing my settings that high.

7800GS reviews
www.techreport.com/reviews/2006q1/geforce-7800gs/index.x?pg=1
www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2686
www.firingsquad.com/hardware/bfg_geforce_7800_gs_agp

Two weeks ago I could have sold you a 6800Ultra for $225.  Allready sold it to someone else on the EE though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#14]
mobile AA is a biatch to deal with now, very accurate...

might first aerial UAV death, skydived right into it...

u now own bunny hoppers...

so far so good...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Flying heli's is almost impossible to stay alive. Played Shargi for a bit tonight. The AA at the beach (mec side) was locking on our heli while I was hovering on the TV station pad. Two hits and I was no more.

With the AA being more "accurate" (if you can call it that) and the points reduced on the airplanes and heli's... makes for a small chance of survival.

-d
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#16]
still can see a jet coming in a second before the aa locks on that really sucks get bombed before you can kill em
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:19:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
still can see a jet coming in a second before the aa locks on that really sucks get bombed before you can kill em

I found it hard but not impossible to shoot jets down.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Wake is still a hack and slash.

Played 6 games in a row last night winning every single one on the chinese side.

US side never managed to get a chopper or plane to the beach we kept shooting them down so fast.

Jet whores flocked to the main runway on PLA side, it was so bad that they would stand on the run way trying to make people rack up TKs so they could punish.   I had to back the jet over the side and do a VTOL type take off using the side of the hill because fuckers were parking buggies, standing there, and blocking the way so bad.

After 2 rounds of flying and blowing up the holy hell out of the small island, dumb fuckers just kept spawning there over and over again while arty rained down on the carrier.     After seeing how easy it was to win I turned over to commanding for the easiest golds I've ever received.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wake is still a hack and slash.

Played 6 games in a row last night winning every single one on the chinese side.

US side never managed to get a chopper or plane to the beach we kept shooting them down so fast.

Jet whores flocked to the main runway on PLA side, it was so bad that they would stand on the run way trying to make people rack up TKs so they could punish.   I had to back the jet over the side and do a VTOL type take off using the side of the hill because fuckers were parking buggies, standing there, and blocking the way so bad.

After 2 rounds of flying and blowing up the holy hell out of the small island, dumb fuckers just kept spawning there over and over again while arty rained down on the carrier.     After seeing how easy it was to win I turned over to commanding for the easiest golds I've ever received.

Every round of Wake Island was like that for me. The BlackHawks and F35's kept getting taken down, and Not a single flag was ever captured. I didn't test the Server search which never has worked for me. I really like the AI L96A1... it has a really fine crosshare which Is much better. It made it Easier to shoot at longer ranges and actually hit.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Played it awhile today. They REALLY fucked up the helos by lowering the damage they can take. It's way to easy to shoot one down now. The fix for the jumping and shooting and dolphin diving are awesome though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Everything blows up way to easy now. You just have to expect to get one or two shots off before bailing out.  Seems like the Anti-Armor kit may rule the game with this new patch.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#22]
"Bail out!"
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"Bail out!"

+1

I saw someone fight over a Linebacker last night.  You know the changes are good when that happens
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Everything blows up way to easy now. You just have to expect to get one or two shots off before bailing out.  Seems like the Anti-Armor kit may rule the game with this new patch.

Well As I Have Said in the past... every new patch, EA always fucks the game up more, I said that before this one was released.. Expect a "Patch for the Patch". They really need to stop giving us Patches in Beta form. Watch this video...

Missles From Towers

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I absolutley HATE what they have done to heli's

I was shot down 5X more last night than i even have.    I was shot down more and more from tanks than i ever have before.    Im going to start playing SF more.   this is insane

can't throw c4 as fast

can't jump and throw medic supples, or ammo to people on top of buildings or on top of anything.

red bug still isn't fixed.  numerous people last night

all i gotta say is if they had disabled jumping and throwing grenades.  I would break my bf2 cd's.

i'll see more tonight im sure.  

ya know its fun hanging with you guys .   but several of you need to CALM THE F  DOWN

i work 9.5 hours a day  come home to play bf2 to relax some, get online and get bashed by player for making a mistake.  let try to turn this around some

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

ya know its fun hanging with you guys .   but several of you need to CALM THE F  DOWN

i work 9.5 hours a day  come home to play bf2 to relax some, get online and get bashed by player for making a mistake.  let try to turn this around some

Who is bashing you?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well As I Have Said in the past... every new patch, EA always fucks the game up more, I said that before this one was released.. Expect a "Patch for the Patch". They really need to stop giving us Patches in Beta form. Watch this video...

Missles From Towers

Nathan

Wow what the hell is going on in that video?  Is that a new bug from the patch?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is bashing you?

im not calling any one in particular out.

We have alot of really good players.  They know who they are.
I know im not one of the best, but i enjoy playing anyways.  
that and i have nothing else better to do
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#29]
F**ckin hillbilly i gotcha good last night!! well the little i played at least  whoever it was that got their panties in a wad tell em to foad  and proceed to change teams and kick their ass!! after that game then kiss and make up
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#30]
I can't get any of the dang patches to work.  Half way through the setup it says some files are corrupted.  If it doesn't say its corrupted, the damn thing just quits.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#31]
treemydawg.  you must have tore them up after I disconnected last night.  

im still trying to beat your top score.   I think im gonna get it tonight.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'll second this comment.  Remember, it's just a game
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I have called several of you dirty names over the past several weeks.  

But in the end, I'm usually pwned!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah sorry for all the language last night.  I was just having trouble adapting to the new patch.  Oh yeah and me and the wife were fighting so that didn't help either.

Sorry again, I'll cut it out.  Just want to relax and have fun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yeah sorry for all the language last night.  I was just having trouble adapting to the new patch.  Oh yeah and me and the wife were fighting so that didn't help either.

Sorry again, I'll cut it out.  Just want to relax and have fun.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#36]
I have downloaded both the full and incremental patch 5 times each and can't get either to install.
I am starting not to like EA.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#37]
since the patch I've been having real lagissues, the AT class seems to have been completely nerfed, I barely make hits anymore, and those I do seem to do nothing.  In 2 days I have fired so many rockets that have just gone through vehicles.  dunno, I think I'm getting close to being finished w/ BF2, I'll give it another week or two, but honestly between the game issues and the majority of the players, it's rarely fun anymore.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Yeah, sorry about my cursing guys. I'll try to keep it clean.

ETA: Texas have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling then use the large patch? I have gotten some weird errors, but it runs for me.

ETAx2: When I get whiny, assume I'm talking about the non AR15 guys on my side. You guys rock!
             *group hug*
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I don't know. The DAO-12 is kind of crippled with the no jumping fix. The range is limited so it is hard to close with the enemy without getting shot. That said, the fix is better for realism. I will be playing a lot more support kit I think.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#40]
People are getting way out of hand on TS. 90% of the talking is cursing and bitching about something... joking around with someone and calling them a name in a joking tone will be fine.. but anymore all out calling people names will earn you a kick.. and if it continues... a timeout ban for you.

-d
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know. The DAO-12 is kind of crippled with the no jumping fix. The range is limited so it is hard to close with the enemy without getting shot. That said, the fix is better for realism. I will be playing a lot more support kit I think.

Yeah......... I know.

eta for color
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
People are getting way out of hand on TS. 90% of the talking is cursing and bitching about something... joking around with someone and calling them a name in a joking tone will be fine.. but anymore all out calling people names will earn you a kick.. and if it continues... a timeout ban for you.

-d

drats!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missles From Towers

Nathan

You can fire the missles at the fire on top of the towers and they will stay connected untill a Jet flies over and it will lock onto them shooting them down. So yes, EA is still letting 12 year olds make their Patches and continue to mess it up.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missles From Towers

Nathan

You can fire the missles at the fire on top of the towers and they will stay connected untill a Jet flies over and it will lock onto them shooting them down.

Nathan

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missles From Towers

Nathan

that has been around since before the 1.2 patch, 1.2 did make it easier though

You can fire the missles at the fire on top of the towers and they will stay connected untill a Jet flies over and it will lock onto them shooting them down. So yes, EA is still letting 12 year olds make their Patches and continue to mess it up.

Nathan

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missles From Towers

Nathan

Nathan

Smell that..... *sniffffffffffffffff*.....

Smells like.... EA MONKEY CODING..............

Ala BF:V anyone?  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missles From Towers

Nathan

Nathan

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Missles From Towers

Nathan

Nathan

Smell that..... *sniffffffffffffffff*.....

Smells like.... EA MONKEY CODING..............

Ala BF:V anyone?  

The whole Concept of BF2... Is awesome. Now add all the Modding of Desert Comabt, Realistic Killing and weaponry (Like Americas Army), make the Sniper rifles "One Shot, One Kill" (as long as the bullet hits a "Kill zone"), add some house to house fighting and some blood and what you have is a game everyone wants, but no one makes. EA needs to get it's head out of the "Arcade-Game" gutter..

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Call me anything you want,I dont care.hanks

gT.plaGuE
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Call me anything you want,I dont care.

and thanks for the server

gT.plaGuE

Yes Momma.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top