Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 10:05:18 PM EDT
When he was talking about his visit to the wife of a dead soldier, he said "It's hard to know that I was responsible for his.......being in harms way."

At the very second he paused I thought the next thing out of his mouth was going to be "his death" instead of "harms way."  My heart almost skipped a beat.  It woulden't bother me if he said that, but it would have been the sound bite of the century for dan blather and his ilk.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
yep the debates hurt bush pretty bad.

Kerry showed, Iraq is getting worse, there really was no reason for going and that bush really had no plan for after the invasion.  I am not saying he is right just the average American is going to say Billions of dollars, no WMD, more GI's getting killed than ever. And for what??
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
There's going to be some different forums to the debates and I hope that helps Bush.  It made me nervous from the get-go cause Bush isn't a good public speaker.  
Even if he'd turned into a silver tongued devil for the rest of the debates, that one slip up would've sunk him.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, W was off that night for some reason. It didn't help with the moderator ambushing him with slanted questions. Bush was getting pissed. Michael Savage pointed some of that out. Sharp guy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Bullshit Dogear, the moderator was especially considerate and respectful of the president.  The debates didn't hurt Bush at all, the only people who feel "victory" were Kerry supporters anyway.  This election Bush will win, because if one thing the American people now hate is CHANGE.  Kerry is and still will be a grand loser.  He'll be like Al Gore in this election in the next election.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:19:11 AM EDT
[#5]
i saw something on tv (so it must be true ) that showed who 'won' the first debates in the last 20+ years.

dukakis
perot
gore
kerry

etc...not a single republican was listed.  also, they had all lost the race for the presidency.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:46:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i saw something on tv (so it must be true ) that showed who 'won' the first debates in the last 20+ years.

dukakis
perot
gore
kerry

etc...not a single republican was listed.  also, they had all lost the race for the presidency.

All challengers as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:10:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dukakis
perot
gore
kerry

All challengers as well.

Challengers ALWAYS win debates. The incumbant has to take responsibility for every bad thing that happened during his term. The challenger just has to say "that wouldnt have happened with me".
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Bush demonstrated one of the main principles of leadership:  takes responsibility.  If you are in charge, you take responsibility for, and care about anyone under you.  And, every death hurts.  But, you go on, and that makes the difference.  An asshole like Kerry just points like a little kid.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought Kerry was very polished in his debate........but there was no content to what he said. He reversed himself at least 4 times through the course of the debate.

Bush on the other hand speaks like the common man. He thinks about what he is going to say and weighs his words carefully so as not to have to eat them later.

If you were looking for spit, polish and glitz, then sKerry was your man
If you were looking for content and commitment to America........you obviously only have one choice:

W04

archer2
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Flipper Kerry won the debate on his speaking ability.
Bush won the debate on the FACTA & LOGIC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I thought Kerry was very polished in his debate........but there was no content to what he said. He reversed himself at least 4 times through the course of the debate.

Bush on the other hand speaks like the common man. He thinks about what he is going to say and weighs his words carefully so as not to have to eat them later.

If you were looking for spit, polish and glitz, then sKerry was your man
If you were looking for content and commitment to America........you obviously only have one choice:

W04

archer2

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#12]
TRUE, in most cases, however Kerry is a senator and HAS a track record!!!!!!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

dukakis
perot
gore
kerry

All challengers as well.

Challengers ALWAYS win debates. The incumbant has to take responsibility for every bad thing that happened during his term. The challenger just has to say "that wouldnt have happened with me".

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:12:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't feel Cari won anything, except some shitty looks by old GW
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh yeah! The debate just about killed Bush according to the liberal rag Newsweek. Here's what actually happened.

Presidential Tracking Poll: Bush-Kerry
Updated Daily by Noon 10/02/2004 Eastern Election 2004
Presidential Ballot

Bush 48.6%

Kerry 45.6%

Other 2.1%

Not Sure 3.7%

RasmussenReports.com

Saturday October 02, 2004--The latest Rasmussen Reports Presidential Tracking Poll shows President George W. Bush with 49% of the vote and Senator John Kerry with 46%.

These results are based upon a survey of 3,000 Likely Voters conducted Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night. As a result, just over one-third of the interviews were conducted following Thursday night's Presidential Debate. Results from last night's sample were similar to the preceding nights. Monday's update will be the first based entirely upon post-debate interviews.

In last night's sample, 6% of voters say they changed their minds following the debate. This includes 3% who are now voting for Kerry, 2% for Bush, and 1% who are now undecided.

The Rasmussen Reports Electoral College projections now show the President ahead 213-169. Rasmussen Reports has recently released state election polls for Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, Washington, Virginia, and Wisconsin. Additional state election polls will be released at 5:00 p.m. Eastern today. The Electoral College projection will be updated if appropriate.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife said: "Kerry is a more accomplished liar than I realized.  He can lie with a strait face."

And that's all Kerry did on Thursday was lie, lie lie.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top