Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 7:45:23 AM EDT
My almost 3 yr old is a certified firefighter nut. I am trying to put together the ultimate firefighter room for him. We recently took a trip to our local fire station and along with a tour, the guys were nice enough to give us some real gear. Well, my boy really thinks that he is the cock-of-the-walk now that he has some authentic turnout gear.

I've already ordered some goggles and some decals from a firefighter equipment company and I'd like to get some more stuff for him such a length of hose and a lightweight nozzle.

Are there any firefighters out there who might have some equipment that's just sitting around gathering dust? If so I'd be happy to make you an offer depending on what you have. You can respond here or send me an email. [email protected]

Thanks,

Sam and Snailfan

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I may have some gloves that I can send your way.

One word of warning is that the helmets are really heavy given kids' neck muscle development.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a quick Google:

$74 at Firecatalog.com

This Place has a complete set (helmet, coat, pants, suspenders, boots, and gear bag) in yellow, black, or PBI tan for $169

Here is a 3-piece set (coat, pants w. suspenders, helmet) for $65... seems the best deal of all.

BTW - be careful with putting an adult helmet on a munchkin. A few years back someone let a tyke wear an old style metal helmet and he sustained a neck injury... Not sure if it's Interweb fiction or not, but I know my new style leather weighs almost as much as my Kevlar PASGT.

ETA - if you're still looking for other misc. stuff, try posting your request inthe Brothers of The Shield ARFCOM Forum
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
When my children were little, they only got the little plastic play helments given away as freebies by the local FD. I would never let a little kid put on their head a real adult size helment.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Ebay works too...and +1 on not putting the real helmet on little ones....3 pounds is a ton of weight on little one's neck. It only takes 7 pounds of pressure to break a grown man's neck.

roy d...at least that's what I learned from a Hollywood actor
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ebay works too...and +1 on not putting the real helmet on little ones....3 pounds is a ton of weight on little one's neck. It only takes 7 pounds of pressure to break a grown man's neck.

roy d...at least that's what I learned from a Hollywood actor

Thanks. Yes, I agree. We don't let him play with the helmet, it's up on a hook on the wall in his room. I just let him put it on long enough to snap the pic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top