Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/18/2010 11:50:49 AM EDT
I will be getting my layoff notice sometime this week.

If you are wondering I work for Mesa Airlines in Denver as a mechanic. I know I know, terrible company but I gave it all while was here. I predict this company will be no more come 2012 unless the industry drastically changes.

On to bigger and better things.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:55:29 AM EDT
sorry dude
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:57:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Echo2:
sorry dude

No sweat man, more time to spend with my family and I will find something better anyhow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:05:43 PM EDT
Beech 1900 mechanic by any chance?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:05:56 PM EDT
Good luck finding something better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:52:58 PM EDT
Sorry to hear that. What's the latest at Mesa? Are they losing any US flying?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:54:58 PM EDT
Mesa hasn't flown 1900's for more than a year now. Denver has been mainly a Dash 8 station with some CRJ 700 and 900's thrown in. For the past 5 years or so it has been mainly United Express flying, before that Mesa was flying for Frontier.

As far as the US flying, I see it getting smaller. There have already been some routes cut and rumor has it that they will lose the Dash. Not sure if that will happen or not. The other rumor is there is a big possibility that they will lose all US flying when the contract is up in 2012. Again these are all rumors.

I am not too upset about this, but I do like stability in my life and the schedule worked perfect with my wife's work and watching our kids. Basically we were able to avoid sending the boys to day care. If I were to get another job most of my paycheck would go to daycare. I would have to make more than $90,000 a year for my wife to stop working. She makes more than me by a long shot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:00:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2010 8:21:06 PM EDT by KILLERB6]
Originally Posted By skierbri10:
Mesa hasn't flown 1900's for more than a year now. ....SNIP....[/div][/div]

yea, knew that...I now where a handful of them went and they are typically hiring mechs and pilots but it's not the line of work for a family man, which it sounds like you are.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:04:00 AM EDT
That sucks. I'm on the edge of perpetual layoff too. My wealthy boss is threatening to sell the aircraft I maintain. I wish you the best.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:27:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By skierbri10:

Originally Posted By Echo2:
sorry dude

No sweat man, more time to spend with my family and I will find something better anyhow.

Having done my furloughs in my short time in aviation, this 100% the correct attitude to have, and attitude is the only thing over which you have control. It will happen. Frankly, after working at a regional, its not a particularily hard hurdle to jump.

Best of luck, network well, and if you want resume and career, I'm sure everyone here is ready to help.

There is also an ARFCOM jobs board, if memory serves. If you're mobile, that might be a good resource. There are lots of defense contractors on this board.
Top Top