Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 6:18:23 AM EDT
www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2782833

In Phil Spector's house of guns, the one that killed an actress was registered to no one

LOS ANGELES, Calif. Rock music producer Phil Spector's house was full of guns the night actress Lana Clarkson was fatally shot, and all were registered to Spector except the one that fired the fatal shot.
Court documents show no owner of that weapon could be established.

Many of the eleven registered guns were loaded and in holsters. Detectives told the grand jury they found a blood-smeared holster in a drawer next to Clarkson's body. The Colt Cobra .38-caliber revolver that killed her could have fit in that holster.

Spector's attorney says Clarkson was a gun club member and a marksman, but Spector had only just met her and had no motive for murder. But a police officer told the grand jury Spector initially admitted the shooting and called it an accident.

Spector is charged with murder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:38:54 AM EDT
If he bought it before California's de facto registration of handguns began in 1968, it doesn't have to be registered to anyone.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 12:33:42 PM EDT by napalm]

Originally Posted By Airwolf:
Many of the eleven registered guns were loaded and in holsters. Detectives told the grand jury they found a blood-smeared holster in a drawer next to Clarkson's body. The Colt Cobra .38-caliber revolver that killed her could have fit in that holster.

He needs Johnnie Cochran!

"If the holster doesn't fit, you must acquit!"
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:37:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By California_Kid:
If he bought it before California's de facto registration of handguns began in 1968, it doesn't have to be registered to anyone.

there is no law that says you have to register your pistols in CA. Its not like a cop will pull you over and say let me check the registration of that gun!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:39:36 PM EDT
and just cause the gun isn't registered to him means he didn't shoot her? how about fingerprints, powder on his hands...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:51:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mike45acp:

there is no law that says you have to register your pistols in CA. Its not like a cop will pull you over and say let me check the registration of that gun!

There isn't?

Link hunting, brb.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:58:24 PM EDT
He used to pull guns on the Ramones all the time when they were recording "Pleasant Dreams".

Dee Dee walked out on the session and according to his autobiography, never found out or knew who played bass on that album.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:40:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 2:44:59 PM EDT by Noname]

Originally Posted By operatorerror:

There isn't?

Link hunting, brb.

Nope.

Also remember "private party sales" (ie person to person) were unregulated till 1991(IIRC).

If you move here from another state, by law, you have to register all handguns. (get this) You are an official "Handgun Importer" according to the DOJ. In the 15yr's as a 01FFL I have had zero (O) people inquire about registering their unregistered handguns...

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:51:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
He used to pull guns on the Ramones all the time when they were recording "Pleasant Dreams".

Dee Dee walked out on the session and according to his autobiography, never found out or knew who played bass on that album.

Yep, I've read about five different versions of what went on there.
None of them were identical except for the folowing which they all agreed on:

-Phil Spector was a nutcase.

-He held people against their will.

-He pointed guns at people on several occasions.

BTW: wasn't he involved in another similar accident /murder years ago?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:58:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 2:59:38 PM EDT by fadedsun]

Unless you are 'riding' your gun around on the streets like a horse. However, if thats the case you're probably going to end up in a mental institution instead of jail

Ben
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:01:55 PM EDT
I used to work with Spector (the son of Phil Spector). He once told me his dad was a multi millionaire who wasn't worth a shit.

What goes around, comes back around. I hope they bleed him but good. Innocent until proven guilty means that the lawyers and media can have a feeding frenzy until the court makes its decision.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:03:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SHIPSNIPE1:

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

Yep, I've read about five different versions of what went on there.
None of them were identical except for the folowing which they all agreed on:

-Phil Spector was a nutcase.

-He held people against their will.

-He pointed guns at people on several occasions.

BTW: wasn't he involved in another similar accident /murder years ago?

IIRC He beat the snot out of Ronnie Spector (his wife, lead singer of the Ronettes) & kept her locked up in their mansion.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:22 PM EDT
The boy looks like he could be Andy Dick's daddy...

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:22:47 PM EDT
There's probably more unregistered pistols in CA than the rest of the country combined.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:31:08 PM EDT
scumbag.
Top Top