Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:28:00 AM EST
According to the Washington Times, officials believe around 25 Muslim Chechen Terrorists have infiltrated the US over the Mexican Border and are believed to be hiding in the mountains of Arizona. Tonight, there is a presidential debate in Arizona. I believe there is no connection between the two, but I wonder if there is enough SS in place to fend off an attack by 25 heavily armed terrrorists.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:32:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By jkstexas2001:
According to the Washington Times, officials believe around 25 Muslim Chechen Terrorists have infiltrated the US over the Mexican Border and are believed to be hiding in the mountains of Arizona. Tonight, there is a presidential debate in Arizona. I believe there is no connection between the two, but I wonder if there is enough SS in place to fend off an attack by 25 heavily armed terrrorists.

Based on my experiences with the SS and Presidential details, yes. If the terrs had RPGs and the other shit they would have in their backyard it would be a hell of a mess, though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:35:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By FiveO:

Based on my experiences with the SS and Presidential details, yes.

I saw a special on A&E (I think) once, and I can assure you that even before 9/11, the SS was ready to take on a small army.

AFTER 9/11, I can only imagine what they are packing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:37:11 AM EST
I'd have to wager that there is some serious air support in the area.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:38:39 AM EST
The Secret Service has SERIOUS firepower on tap, more than the Chechens could ever muster.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:44:42 AM EST

I doubt this report is all that accurate. If they are 'hiding in the mountains of Arizona', how did the WashTimes find out about them?

It is possible for terrorists to easily slip over the border 'round these parts, but I doubt anyone would know about them until it was too late.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:47:19 AM EST
I wouldnt be surprised if a spooky was heard flying overhead in tonights debate.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:03:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By AZ_Hi_Desert:
I doubt this report is all that accurate. If they are 'hiding in the mountains of Arizona', how did the WashTimes find out about them?

EXACTLY!! Look at the source and the timing. I bet scary kerry bring it up in debate tonight

Its nice to see the liberal stock food and water in the desert for them, don’t want to see them die of dehydration
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:12:00 AM EST

And how in the hell would they survive? Arizona is a completely different world from Chechnya. They'd all be dead in a couple of days.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:17:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

And how in the hell would they survive? Arizona is a completely different world from Chechnya. They'd all be dead in a couple of days.

Unless they've been training hard in Mexico, in which case they could very well have become acclimated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:17:23 AM EST
Those guys are still drinking water and eating sliced oranges at the desert crossing stations.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:17:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By eodtech2000:
The Secret Service has SERIOUS firepower on tap, more than the Chechens could ever muster.

And believe me, they want to keep the President alive more than the Chechens want to kill him....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:32:28 AM EST
Kets not forget that the SS has one of these on every motorcade.

Or so I've heard.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:37:05 AM EST
Threats to the President aside, this should make for some interesting questions. Neither GWB nor Kerry want to talk about our open borders/immigration problems. It should be at the top of the list of things to talk about, but neither candiddate wants to put the Hispanic vote in peril, so it's avoided like the plague. Not tonight. Tonight, they'll have to answer some questions about the problem.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:39:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:
www.sit.wisc.edu/~ejburnett/minigun.jpg

Or so I've heard.

Probably more than one.

Also, the SS has only one rule of engagement: keep the President alive and safe. They will decimate whatever they need to in order to do that. They are not hamstrung by military ROE's.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:40:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By geegee:
Threats to the President aside, this should make for some interesting questions. Neither GWB nor Kerry want to talk about our open borders/immigration problems. It should be at the top of the list of things to talk about, but neither candiddate wants to put the Hispanic vote in peril, so it's avoided like the plague. Not tonight. Tonight, they'll have to answer some questions about the problem.

I guess sKerry will have to swallow the bitter pill that terrorism is a DOMESTIC ISSUE, not just a foreign-policy one, and that it's FAR more important than, say, stem cell research!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:45:34 AM EST
Do you think if skerry became president the roll of the SS keeping the commander in chef alive would still be their #1 priority?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:47:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By michaelj1978:
Do you think if skerry became president the roll of the SS keeping the commander in chef alive would still be their #1 priority?

Of course, dummy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:47:25 AM EST
I went to see Bush speak in Auburn a couple of years ago. There were so many snipers around i was afraid to put my hands in my pocket. They take their crap very seriously.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:48:53 AM EST
I attended the rally after the debate in St. Louis. The Prez & the First Lady stopped in to say hello.(extremely cool.)

Believe me, they would have to run a security gauntlet like they've never dreamed of.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:49:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By michaelj1978:

Of course, dummy.

+1

IMO, the SS is perhaps the most professional outfit in the .gov.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:51:38 AM EST
Icall bs. On the terrorist sneaking in. If we knew that chechen muslim terrorsist had snuck in and where hiding in the mountains they would be crawling with le and miltiray and every thing else.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:52:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 8:53:02 AM EST by hk940]

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

www.sit.wisc.edu/~ejburnett/minigun.jpg

Or so I've heard.

Probably more than one.

Also, the SS has only one rule of engagement: keep the President alive and safe. They will decimate whatever they need to in order to do that. They are not hamstrung by military ROE's.

you mean us? as in the US civilian population.
if a gunship opens up in downtown Tempi Arizona there will be hell to pay!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:55:50 AM EST
I would be concerned but not paralized by the thought. If the terrorists are as smart as I believe them to be, they would direct any attack at Senator Kerry to benefit him at the poles in November.

"The brave Vietnam Vet survives an assasination attempt by insergents let in by the current administration and even stops to help a little girl wounded in the attack."

I think the current president is quite safe as any attack on him would iron plate his candidacy. IMHO. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:56:57 AM EST
don't the chechen bad guys have more important things to worry about? like vladimir's jack boot aproaching their ass? can't imagine this is true.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:57:28 AM EST
Terrorists with RPG's versus US SS with active air support and wide-net security. Anyone with a RPG better keep clear or end up as goo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:01:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By Big-Will:
I went to see Bush speak in Auburn a couple of years ago. There were so many snipers around i was afraid to put my hands in my pocket. They take their crap very seriously.

I was supporting the SS back in the 90's and the SS snipers were going to shoot a guy off his roof if he didn't get off it. The long stainless steel 7mm Rem Mag barrel was locked on the dude till he wisely went back indoors.

If the SS and POTUS were really fearful of the Chechens, the Army and Marines would get a call to really help secure the place. Apaches, M1A2's, Bradley/LAV's, and lots of Combat hardened troops are more than enough to make the place a fortress.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:35:45 AM EST
And AZ members up for some huntin' and fishin' in the mountains?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:37:35 AM EST
GunLvr: If they'd let me do it, shit yes.

Lots of ARFCOMers here (AZ) that I'm sure would join in.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:38:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By gamesniper:
GunLvr: If they'd let me do it, shit yes.

Lots of ARFCOMers here (AZ) that I'm sure would join in.

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:16:13 AM EST
The SS doesn't have to worry about the terrorists coming down from the mountains into Tempe, AZ tonight. Tempe's shortsightedness on roads has created a traffic buffer that the terrorists won't be able to get through in time.

On the other hand, the SS might have to worry about some liberal-terrorist-wanna-be's...
Top Top