Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2005 12:25:18 AM EDT
It takes a boy to read, and a man to post.

Over the course of a couple years reading/posting on this site(I was reading at least a year and a half before I joined) I have picked up on an incredible phenomena surrounding this site. I spend a large amount of time reading GD just to pass time. I have seen hundreds of "What should I do?","I need advice", and "Name my first born son" sort of threads. People come here for a variety of reasons whether it be to just go to a site named specifically after a gun to get medical advice from the best of armchair medic commandos. Evne I have come on here to ask very personal questions involving my future, but now it is for something much deeper than that.

In numerous threads and even its own forum now I have picked up on and trusted the opinions and recommendations of other ARFCOMmers. I was afraid, not knowing if the thousands of nutjobs on this site really knew their arm from their ass much less able to give good recommendations for anything. My fears have been numbed.

I took the advice of many and have come out a happy and better man. It is disgusting how much happier I am based on some small recommendations from people here. After all of this, I would just like to say...

I bought the movies "The Professional" and "Equilibrium", and they rock ass. Holy shit. I had never seen them before and bought them on a whim just from hearing them so much on here. I am overwhelmingly satisfied.

There is a point to this post, though. I trusted in movies. What other kind of crazy shit have people asked opinions of on ARFCOM that should otherwise be left to medical personnel/anyone but us?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:27:36 AM EDT
ARFCOM is a great place to get important information from.. like to not use frozen fiish as a rectal probe.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:32:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
ARFCOM is a great place to get important information from.. like to not use frozen fiish as a rectal probe.

Really?

oh shit....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:38:57 AM EDT

Indeed ! I always use the GD forum on ARFCOM to guide my life.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:43:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wetidlerjr:

Well, you've got to admit, the thing about the fish is pretty sound advice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:46:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:

Originally Posted By wetidlerjr:

Well, you've got to admit, the thing about the fish is pretty sound advice.

Yes, it is !
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:55:14 AM EDT
Well, I also learned here that you really CANT bring fire on an airplane.
Top Top