Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/16/2020 4:11:13 PM EDT
I was trying to find a Blackhawk Go Box Mag Bag at a reasonable price for a few days, then today impulsivity got the best of me and I made an really low offer on one of their Brick Go Bags...and the seller accepted.  My initial plan was to fill it full of 30rd and 40rd mags.  Unfortunately I couldn't find anything related to it's dimentions/size online and there aren't any vids on youtube of them...so no clue what I'll be able to fit.  Does anyone else have one of these bags?  If so, what's your load/use for it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Technical Information:
Length: 20"
Width: 9"
Depth: 4"
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag for interest.
View Quote

The seller tactical traders on ebay and they have more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Technical Information:
Length: 20"
Width: 9"
Depth: 4"
View Quote

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#5]
@jaqufrost

You know what to do.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@jaqufrost

You know what to do.
View Quote

He was the first one to know after I bought it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
What did you pay? It looks like a small SBR case
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What did you pay? It looks like a small SBR case
View Quote

$42 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
This is the one you bought?

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$42 shipped.
View Quote

Looks sized right to make a nice stack of 30rd mags top to bottom.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks sized right to make a nice stack of 30rd mags top to bottom.
View Quote

Might have to break open a box of pmags just to fill that....so long as the width is right and things stay put in their divider, should hold 25-30 of them no?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Might have to break open a box of pmags just to fill that....so long as the width is right and things stay put in their divider, should hold 25-30 of them no?

Thanks!
View Quote

I'm thinking around 25, maybe a couple more.

Here's the Go Box 250 I bought. I'm thinking I'll fit around 50 mags in it.  May be a bit on the heavy side.  I offered $60 and he countered with $65 delivered.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@jaqufrost

You know what to do.
View Quote

The beautiful Blackhawk Go Box Mag Bag - unfortunately these are hard to get now
12 perfectly fit Pmag 40's:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

16 nicely fit USGI 30's:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I should have bought more of these before they dried up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm thinking around 25, maybe a couple more.

Here's the Go Box 250 I bought. I'm thinking I'll fit around 50 mags in it.  May be a bit on the heavy side.  I offered $60 and he countered with $65 delivered.  
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/pmoAAOSwUvheD~Hv/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/GGAAAOSwEX1eD~Ht/s-l1600.jpg
View Quote

Carrying around a case and a half of ammo AND mags....you better be ripped!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Love how compact that is.  If I can find a free shipping code I think I'll give midway's a try otherwise itll be Ncstar.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I scored a Blackhawk 2 rifle bag that looks like a gym/equipment bag on the cheap.  Awesome bag, Blackhawk charges too much for good gear and it gets closed out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I scored a Blackhawk 2 rifle bag that looks like a gym/equipment bag on the cheap.  Awesome bag, Blackhawk charges too much for good gear and it gets closed out.
View Quote
Those are great bags. I bought one on closeout last year. Fits a few SBR'S really nicely.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Got home and a few more bags came in.

Decided to check fit the D60's and they fit surprisingly well.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Amazing collection!

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
now i want a Mag Bag  
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#23]
@C-4
You may find this thread interesting.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
now i want a Mag Bag  
View Quote
I want more too
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I want more too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
now i want a Mag Bag  
I want more too

I couldn't take it....I just pulled the trigger on an Ncstar mag bag.  $26 shipped on ebay.  So just with the two bags I bought today I can carry over 1100rds ready to go!  No clue when/why I'd have a use for such things, but just like a bunch of other gear/toys...sure is fun having them!  Plus it pisses the libs off something turrible!
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I couldn't take it....I just pulled the trigger on an Ncstar mag bag.  $26 shipped on ebay.  So just with the two bags I bought today I can carry over 1100rds ready to go!  No clue when/why I'd have a use for such things, but just like a bunch of other gear/toys...sure is fun having them!  Plus it pisses the libs off something turrible!
View Quote
Got a link for the NCstar case? I don't think I've seen it yet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Got a link for the NCstar case? I don't think I've seen it yet.
View Quote

Ncstar Mag Bag
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#29]
@Er_Mah_Gerd
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@C-4
View Quote

@jaqufrost

Thank you for the heads up!
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I have several of these Midway Magazine Bags and I love them. They advertise them as holding 12 30 rounders but 13 fit in them just fine. In stock and just $24.99.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I found one, it's on the way.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have several of these Midway Magazine Bags and I love them. They advertise them as holding 12 30 rounders but 13 fit in them just fine. In stock and just $24.99.
View Quote
Looks like you could buy two and get free shipping.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#34]
This might be a way to store my large magazine collection. I have them in a helmet case, gym bag, and an NRA branded range bag. Its not very organized, but it keeps them all in bags and easy to tra sport when I move around.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@Er_Mah_Gerd
View Quote

Yes, thank you

@jaqufrost
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Just curious but how does the military transport ammo?  And I'm talking at the individual level for each soldier.  Is it just their belt/PC or do ther have some sort of pack or maybe that's something one or two soldiers are tasked with for a small group...just lugging around 50+ mags?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just curious but how does the military transport ammo?  And I'm talking at the individual level for each soldier.  Is it just their belt/PC or do ther have some sort of pack or maybe that's something one or two soldiers are tasked with for a small group...just lugging around 50+ mags?

Thanks!
View Quote

IME: Everyone gets a combat load (7 mags).  They're issued mag pouches for six mags and one goes in the rifle.  If you want some extra mags and mag pouches, you can probably aquire some or many guys purchase a bit of their own gear.  So some guys carry 8 or 10 mags on their person and a few more in or on their assault pack.  As the years passed I saw more guys focus on less weight and more mobility.  So some guys would drop mags and just carry 4 or 5 on them, leaving the rest on the truck.

So in Iraq (2008), I spent almost all my time mounted.  I carried 8 mags on my MTV, 4 mags on my assault pack and one in the rifle.  In Afghanistan (2012), I spent almost all my time inside the wire.  When I did go out I had four mags on my minimalist PC, one in the gun and 8 in a chest rig that I had stashed in a bag in the land cruiser (along with a couple frag grenades).  Every vic in the convoy also had a spare ammo can full of loaded mags.  Generally another ammo can was full of smoke grenades.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

IME: Everyone gets a combat load (7 mags).  They're issued mag pouches for six mags and one goes in the rifle.  If you want some extra mags and mag pouches, you can probably aquire some or many guys purchase a bit of their own gear.  So some guys carry 8 or 10 mags on their person and a few more in or on their assault pack.  As the years passed I saw more guys focus on less weight and more mobility.  So some guys would drop mags and just carry 4 or 5 on them, leaving the rest on the truck.

So in Iraq (2008), I spent almost all my time mounted.  I carried 8 mags on my MTV, 4 mags on my assault pack and one in the rifle.  In Afghanistan (2012), I spent almost all my time inside the wire.  When I did go out I had four mags on my minimalist PC, one in the gun and 8 in a chest rig that I had stashed in a bag in the land cruiser (along with a couple frag grenades).  Every vic in the convoy also had a spare ammo can full of loaded mags.  Generally another ammo can was full of smoke grenades.
View Quote

Thanks for sharing.  What's a vic?  Also, larger (50cal) ammo can filled with mags or the thinner ones?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing.  What's a vic?  Also, larger (50cal) ammo can filled with mags or the thinner ones?  

Thanks
View Quote

Sorry, vic is short for victor, common radio slang for a vehicle.  So when you're going through a gate at a Fob or base, they will radio the control center and tell them how many vics and pacs their are.  So a convoy of five vehicles and 25 personnel will go across the radio as 5 vics 25 pacs.

Always 50cal cans IME.  Keep in mind most convoys are also running heavy weapons with spare ammo cans full of belt fed munitions.  When I was in Iraq, we normally had a M2 up front, MK19 and M240 somewhere in the middle and a M2 on the rear vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#40]
@AEROMechanic - this thread may interest you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Sorry, vic is short for victor, common radio slang for a vehicle.  So when you're going through a gate at a Fob or base, they will radio the control center and tell them how many vics and pacs their are.  So a convoy of five vehicles and 25 personnel will go across the radio as 5 vics 25 pacs.

Always 50cal cans IME.  Keep in mind most convoys are also running heavy weapons with spare ammo cans full of belt fed munitions.  When I was in Iraq, we normally had a M2 up front, MK19 and M240 somewhere in the middle and a M2 on the rear vehicle.
View Quote

Appreciate the clarification.  I already have ammo can kits in each vehicle with a pistol/ammo and different supplies should situations go sideways.  While I'll have the bags now, I suppose an ammo can filled with loaded mags isn't a bag idea given certain situations for some insurance.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Blackhawk had the GoBags and the brick 250's for $19.99 at the end if last year. I got three 250s and two go bags. Made good xmas gifts and gear storage.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Does it come with a dolly?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Does it come with a dolly?
View Quote

Each bag is less weight than a can of M855A1.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#45]
My brick bags arrived. I had thought I bought three... four showed.

Should have bought some in green.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Know of any place that has these in stock?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Wow.  That’s what you grab out if your vehicle when Antifa tries to overrun your position.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Know of any place that has these in stock?
View Quote
@kevguillot - they show stock here. Unfortunately kinda pricey.
https://www.us21tactical.com/blackhawk-go-box-mag-bag

The $25 midway bags look pretty similar.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wow.  That's what you grab out if your vehicle when Antifa tries to overrun your position.
View Quote
I've got more 40rd mags coming. I think I'm going to move my D60's to my black bag and have four bags of 40rd mags.

Then I'll put about fifty 30rd mags in the multicam bag.

After that I need to figure out what to store my Surefire and ATI 60rd mags in.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#50]
@sladekal - bag thread
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top