Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2001 3:23:12 AM EDT
I know this probably belongs in a different forum, but I need a lot of input and I need it fast.  Here's my question:
I have an old TA01 ACOG on a AR carbine.  I'm used to shooting with Leupold scopes, but I was never impressed with the brightness and clarity of my ACOG.  I even thought it was possibly defective and sent it to Trijicon to get checked out- they sent it back saying it was ok.  I see nothing but raves in the forums about them, but yet still struggle as to the clarity, brightness, and even crosshair sharpness of mine.  And now someone offered me some good money for mine, and I am seriously thinking of using that money for a new sniper rifle that someone is selling- and selling quickly!!!
Any input?

thanks-ptp
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The facts (as I see them)

1. You don't like the scope
2. You DO like the rifle

My opinions (and observations)

1. Scopes are good ONLY if you like them
2. People generally ALWAYS rave about items they paid $5-600 for. NOT doing so would be the equivalent of admitting to a bad purchase.
3. IF this is a private party sale on the rifle - ABSOLUTELY sell the scope, and buy the rifle.

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:47:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't like it.... SELL IT!

No use in keeping it just because a lot of other people like them.

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top