Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/11/2017 12:24:37 AM EDT
Found out immigration visited one of my customers today.

Sounds like they were mostly looking for criminals, they had a list of names. My customer was prepared and had already talked to his lawyer. They locked down the buildings and no one went outside.

They still had people working that were related to the criminals they were looking for so they pulled them out and gave them the info requested. Current location etc.

Things about to get interesting.

They showed them id requested but no one left the building and immigration didnt come in.

UPDATE:

Confirmed that many others got visits. One customer had 6 taken, all had criminal records, seems to be their only focus so far.

1 place got tipped off that 7 suvs were headed their way. 60% of workforce at that facility fled. Owner went to investigate, turns out it was a caravan of basketball moms coming back to town from a tourney. Tensions are high.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Viva la deportacion!
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Viva la deportacion!
View Quote

When my dad worked for us, he would wear an immigration hat to work at times.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Viva la deportacion!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a big push to use robots but we are a year away. Customers hoping they dont lose everything before then. If they get raided its probably game over.

One of them ws raided in 2012ish, lost 80 guys and very nearly went bankrupt. They were the most stable one around. The others cant take that hit.

Im a little worried ill lose my job but it has to be done. Im saving in preparation for moving and being out of work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
sound like ur customer like to employ illegals
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Viva la deportacion!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is a big push to use robots but we are a year away. Customers hoping they dont lose everything before then. If they get raided its probably game over.

One of them ws raided in 2012ish, lost 80 guys and very nearly went bankrupt. They were the most stable one around. The others cant take that hit.

Im a little worried ill lose my job but it has to be done. Im saving in preparation for moving and being out of work.
View Quote

No fucks given.

Business owners knew the game they were playing. You can't have a pet rattler and not expect to get bit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sound like ur customer like to employ illegals
View Quote

Its pretty common. Growth around here is hampered by employees more than anything. Very very rural.

You cant just hire a person.

My requirements are a valid dl and pass an i9. I play hell.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No fucks given.

Business owners knew the game they were playing. You can't have a pet rattler and not expect to get bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucks given.

Yep. No argument there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in LE.  Approximately 3 years ago, I had an already-registered sex offender, refugee feller attempt to take a 14 year old girl into his vehicle while she was trying to walk home.  Once this pillar of the community was apprehended, I contacted ICE because the guy had some federal issues going on too.  Home country was Sierra Leone.  When I asked ICE Man if they had any interest in this friendly citizen, as I believed he qualified for deportation.  ICE Man laughed, literally.  He said, "I wish, but..."  Then proceeded to inform me that refugees who are from a number of countries (mainly those Northwestern African countries) are here on what is essentially political asylum, and thus, they could NOT be deported.

Curious if this policy has or will be changed?  

Trump gonna' Trump foos!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#11]
La migra! La migra! Vamonos! 
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm in LE.  Approximately 3 years ago, I had an already-registered sex offender, refugee feller attempt to take a 14 year old girl into his vehicle while she was trying to walk home.  Once this pillar of the community was apprehended, I contacted ICE because the guy had some federal issues going on too.  Home country was Sierra Leone.  When I asked ICE Man if they had any interest in this friendly citizen, as I believed he qualified for deportation.  ICE Man laughed, literally.  He said, "I wish, but..."  Then proceeded to inform me that refugees who are from a number of countries (mainly those Northwestern African countries) are here on what is essentially political asylum, and thus, they could NOT be deported.

View Quote

I dont think that was far off until trump. Our sheriff was a family friend and he said deportation was essentially impossible.

Now things seem to be changing. I hear they visited several of my customers today with the local sheriff but i cant confirm yet.

Most of the africans are a few counties away so im not as familiar with them other than my rentals.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Its pretty common. Growth around here is hampered by employees more than anything. Very very rural.

View Quote

agricultural?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like they were mostly looking for criminals, they had a list of names. My customer was prepared and had already talked to his lawyer.

Didn't they find a criminal aka as your customer.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

agricultural?
View Quote

My customers are ag.

We are ag mechanical so we deal with skilled labor so we draw from a little better pool.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No fucks given.

View Quote

I agree!
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Viva la deportacion!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Viva la deportacion!
View Quote

MAGA
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:48:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My customers are ag.

We are ag mechanical so we deal with skilled labor so we draw from a little better pool.
View Quote

Ok kind of figured.  Ag won't stay afloat without imported labor or expensive mechanization passed onto the consumer.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ok kind of figured.  Ag won't stay afloat without imported labor or expensive mechanization passed onto the consumer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My customers are ag.

BS...there is a whole shit load of worthless fucks sitting home on welfare that will take those jobs as soon as welfare is shutoff for anyone who can work...
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

No fucks given.

MAGA
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Is this Trump going tit for tat because of what the 9th did? Either way it's been a long time coming.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:03:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
My last three years of work, 2009-2013, I just quit calling ice unless I had a serious felony illegal.  Like armed robbery.  Even DUI accident with injury wasn't enough.

I would hammer every one with everything I could.   I put a shitload of illegals in county those three years and impounded even more vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#25]
It's Happening!
ANNANDALE, VA (WUSA9) - Agents from the US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement Agency arrested an unknown number of people at a large apartment complex in Annandale, and at at least one other location in Alexandria this week, immigration activists say, as part of what appears to be stepped up enforcement actions around the country.

At the predominantly Spanish-speaking Fairmont Gardens apartment complex in Annandale, several people said they saw a large law enforcement presence earlier in the week. None wanted to be quoted or have their names used. One man turned and walked quickly away at a reporter’s mention of the very word “immigration.”

Immigration activists said ICE agents targeted people at the complex who already had orders of deportation, but also made so-called “collateral” arrests of other people who merely lacked proper documentation, but had committed no other crime.
View Quote
More at link 
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like California :(
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:16:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I worked ag when I was younger. Picked cherries among other things.

These companies have become far too dependent on immigrant slave labor. It'll be painful and prices will go up a little bit but in the end it'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

BS...there is a whole shit load of worthless fucks sitting home on welfare that will take those jobs as soon as welfare is shutoff for anyone who can work...
View Quote

LOL except "lazy fucks" will not get those jobs.....machines will....
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

These companies have become far too dependent on immigrant slave labor. It'll be painful and prices will go up a little bit but in the end it'll be worth it.
View Quote

They will go up a lotta-bit and I doubt you will get US consumer to agree that price increases for basic food items is a good thing.  Immigrant slave labor has been here since this country has been founded.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sounds like they were mostly looking for criminals, they had a list of names. My customer was prepared and had already talked to his lawyer. They locked down the buildings and no one went outside.

They still had people working that were related to the criminals they were looking for so they pulled them out and gave them the info requested. Current location etc.

They showed them id requested but no one left the building and immigration didnt come in.
View Quote
what industry?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They will go up a lotta-bit and I doubt you will get US consumer to agree that price increases for basic food items is a good thing.  Immigrant slave labor has been here since this country has been founded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Must pain you that this is one thing the courts cannot stop.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Drain the Pantano.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:30:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good, then they can do an apprenticeship program and earn real money fixing the equipment..regardless the country will be better off with all of the illegals gone..liberals and others who don't like it can pack their own shit and go with the illegals...
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Good, then they can do an apprenticeship program and earn real money fixing the equipment..regardless the country will be better off with all of the illegals gone..liberals and others who don't like it can pack their own shit and go with the illegals...
View Quote

Sadly welfare is not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#35]
There's over 2 million criminal aliens in the U.S. They will be busy for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:35:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My last three years of work, 2009-2013, I just quit calling ice unless I had a serious felony illegal.  Like armed robbery.  Even DUI accident with injury wasn't enough.

I would hammer every one with everything I could.   I put a shitload of illegals in county those three years and impounded even more vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not kidding. Wonder how many crimes you might have prevented by playing hardball with those motherfuckers?  How many more might have been prevented if ICE would have booted their asses?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, you have a shit-bird customer who should be charged for knowingly hiring illegals.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:36:01 AM EDT
[#38]
You all are correct that automation and machine use will increase. We have machines today that can do the work of 7 people and do it 5 times faster and with more accuracy.

Hell I can tell you the temperature and ph of a spot on a farm right now using the cloud. No need to pay someone to go check.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Lol
View Quote

Not really. The increase in cost living is not going to change the standard of my living. But it will negatively impact the working class Americans what aren't getting any new jobs or leverage to increase their pay.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sadly welfare is not going anywhere.
View Quote

Well, lucky for this country, we all know how wrong nevertrumpers are, so most likely, Trump will redo it along with everything else....that's the problem with always being wrong...no one believes anything you opinion...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:46:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not really. The increase in cost living is not going to change the standard of my living. But it will negatively impact the working class Americans what aren't getting any new jobs or leverage to increase their pay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

You mean people may have to pay their workers a real wage?

The horror.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:50:08 AM EDT
[#42]
I heard an interview tonight that was hilarious! It was a girl that had her father arrested. She said they arrested my father and they weren't looking for him, they were looking for my bro......      someone else!
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

When my dad worked for us, he would wear an immigration hat to work at times.
View Quote

When I was in high school my buddy dad had a white delivery van that looked JUST like the transport vans immigration used.

One day we took some white butcher paper and taped all over the sides and stenciled IMMIGRATION down the sides and put a work light bar on the top.

We'd come screaming down a road and go screeching into a field where  people we're moving pipe.

The entire field would clear in seconds.

They'd just disappear in a blink.

It was hilarious
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You ain't alone.

My crew is mostly American, but many in the family are on WP's.

Anybody new gets the sniff test and approval of the crew. They have weeded out dozens.

I9's and E-verify is grabass bureaucratic justification, for 200,000 Virginia citiots having a Govt. job with retirement that is 6X my take from actually working, and risking more then any useless cube rat will in their lifetime.

Bitch to the Congress critter, and the answer is more paperwork that doesn't do a damn thing, other than sell advil and Tumms.

Hate to sound like a SJW, but the risk of alienating my best asset is real in all this.
Trump needs to counter all of the Chavez/Marxist bullshit floating around right now, as a LOT of the good folks are nervous, because things seem one sided.
The left is winning on the disinfo/misinfo side.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So, you have a shit-bird customer who should be charged for knowingly hiring illegals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All laws were followed as far as i know.  Everify is not required in ks. We do it but very few others do.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:18:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You all are correct that automation and machine use will increase. We have machines today that can do the work of 7 people and do it 5 times faster and with more accuracy.

Hell I can tell you the temperature and ph of a spot on a farm right now using the cloud. No need to pay someone to go check.
View Quote

I know I'm right,  i sell equipment for a living.  Lol.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:19:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
what industry?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what industry?

Dairy and feedlots
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Robots are the new goldrush in the dairy business.

The big 2 companies that make all the equipment have been masturbating for years about this day.

It took off a few years ago on the east coast bc white people won't milk cows for 15 or 20 an hour.  The cost of living is too high.

For most it was either robots or sell the herd.  Not saying that is bad though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:24:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Stealing a citizens ID is a felony...
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:27:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My customers are ag.

Sure. Eventually. Do you want to be the first employer they work for?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top