Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 10:04:17 AM EDT
Just heard this on Limbaugh.  Seems that Sens. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are backing off plans for an independent commission on the federal government's response to the Katrina hurricane.  They must realize that their Dem buddies in Louisiana will be found incompetent and Bush will be shown as proactive.  Fucking political bullshit!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nancy Pelosi is not a Senator. She is the top Democrat in the House.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#2]
My mistake.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nancy Pelosi is not a Senator. She is the top Democrat in the House.

Thank GOD she's not a Senator...we have enough liberal idiots like her in the Senate as it is.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Of course they are now backing off because the blame is starting to shift from the Federal government to the local government as more details come out. I noticed that even on CNN and MSNBC all evening yesterday and last night. Even the Aaron Brown show highlighted that most of the failures that resulted in the greatest loss were a result of local and state authorities.

I also heard another report on MSNBC in which Joe Scarborough hit the nail directly on the head when asked his opinion about the response and whether FEMA officials were incompotent. He said the following:

"I have a hard time believing Michael Brown of FEMA became incompetent overnight. He did an excellent job during last year's 4 hurricanes. So what else changed between those hurricanes and this one? The difference is the state and local leadership. Jeb Bush did an excellent job with those hurricanes last year. That was the difference. There was no change in how FEMA dealt with hurricanes from last year. The difference is simply the difference in the leadership in Florida versus Louisiana."

I nearly cheered when I heard that because that's quite possibly the most truthful statement I have heard regarding this whole situation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Of course they are now backing off because the blame is starting to shift from the Federal government to the local government as more details come out. I noticed that even on CNN and MSNBC all evening yesterday and last night. Even the Aaron Brown show highlighted that most of the failures that resulted in the greatest loss were a result of local and state authorities.

I also heard another report on MSNBC in which Joe Scarborough hit the nail directly on the head when asked his opinion about the response and whether FEMA officials were incompotent. He said the following:

"I have a hard time believing Michael Brown of FEMA became incompetent overnight. He did an excellent job during last year's 4 hurricanes. So what else changed between those hurricanes and this one? The difference is the state and local leadership. Jeb Bush did an excellent job with those hurricanes last year. That was the difference. There was no change in how FEMA dealt with hurricanes from last year. The difference is simply the difference in the leadership in Florida versus Louisiana."

I nearly cheered when I heard that because that's quite possibly the most truthful statement I have heard regarding this whole situation.

Tit for tat  --- Get rid of Brown and we'll back off on the commission, all in the same day.  Coincidence, I think not.  Brown is the fallguy, I guarantee it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Nancy needs a quality ARFCOM group tea bagging, followed buy a DONKEY PUNCH from the fattest guy here!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nancy needs a quality ARFCOM group tea bagging, followed buy a DONKEY PUNCH from the fattest guy here!

Can I offer my Tea Bag for this effort?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EEEEWWWW!!!  Gross!   Tea-bagging Pelosi?  Damn, you are sick!

Next thing you know you will be doing the Dirty Sanchez on Anna Nicole Smith-Marshall
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Next thing you know you will be doing the Dirty Sanchez on Anna Nicole Smith-Marshall

She's the b word, and a big c word and she can disappear forever after the tea bagging....but I think she's hot  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you must be real desperate.

I wouldn't teabag that bitch with m worst enemies nutsack

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[steven stiffler mode] pussy is pussy, man![/steven stiffler mode]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They must realize that their Dem buddies in Louisiana will be found incompetent and Bush will be shown as proactive.

That can be the only reason.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you must be real desperate.

I wouldn't teabag that bitch with m worst enemies nutsack

Yup, I am.  Just had my first kid.....need I say more  It's been long COLD summer
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I guarantee that the liberal news media, which is pretty much all of them, will soon start with the "there's no need to blame anyone" slant as they actually do their homework to find out about who did what and what really happened and as they scramble to create cover for “their” politicians.

Bush is number 6 g-dammit!!!!

www.fema.gov/library/dproc.shtm

From the FEMA website:

An Emergency Declaration is more limited in scope and without the long-term federal recovery programs of a Major Disaster Declaration. Generally, federal assistance and funding are provided to meet a specific emergency need or to help prevent a major disaster from occurring.

The Major Disaster Process

A Major Disaster Declaration usually follows these steps:

1. Local Government Responds, supplemented by neighboring communities and volunteer agencies. If overwhelmed, turn to the state for assistance;

2. The State Responds with state resources, such as the National Guard and state agencies;

3. Damage Assessment by local, state, federal, and volunteer organizations determines losses and recovery needs;

4. A Major Disaster Declaration is requested by the governor, based on the damage assessment, and an agreement to commit state funds and resources to the long-term recovery;

5. FEMA Evaluates the request and recommends action to the White House based on the disaster, the local community and the state's ability to recover;

6. The President approves the request or FEMA informs the Governor it has been denied. This decision process could take a few hours or several weeks depending on the nature of the disaster.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top