Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 2:00:50 PM EDT
I would like to  play around with the digital photos I will be taking with my new camera, Canon A610. What's some good software? I'm not a professional, just want to screw around, touch-up, etc.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I use an old version of paint shop pro for most things, and it works quite well.  

Photoshop Elements, and Paint Shop Studio (I think that's the name?) would probably fit your bill.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Photoshop elements 4.0 from Sam's club.  About $80.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is that like a downgraded PhotoShop?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that like a downgraded PhotoShop?

It is a more basic version, yes, but it has most of the features a basic user will need.  It is easy to use for beginners, but has a fair amount of flexibility as your skills improve.

You can download a free 30 day trial of any Adobe product on their webpage, give it a try.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The GIMP for Windows.

Free, powerful, versatile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top