Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 12:30:07 PM EDT by Kal-El]
I just got the call from my ffl that My XD tactical came in but i cant go get it because my mother is in el paso and wont make it back before 5:00pm and ill have to wait all the way till monday to go with her to go get it.

DAMNIT why does this shit always happen to me
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:44:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kal-El:
I just got the call from my ffl that My XD tactical came in but i cant go get it because my mother is in el paso and wont make it back before 5:00pm and ill have to wait all the way till monday to go with her to go get it.

You're complaining about getting a new firearm.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:44:53 PM EDT
why?
because you're purchasing handguns through your mom due to being underage.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:45:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By walrus:

in a way , yes

i want my xd damnit

i have the erge to double tap and i sold my sig like 3 months ago
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:46:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:47:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By walrus:

in a way , yes

i want my xd damnit

i have the erge to double tap and i sold my sig like 3 months ago

A new firearm two days late > no new firearm.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:48:40 PM EDT

Well, now we know you live in Texas so add it to your profile.

Anything worth having is worth the wait.
Did you work all summer to save up the coin? I take it you are a student under 21?

Think what a great Monday you'll have for a change. Mondays always suck unless it's a 3 day weekend.

Pics and RR!

HS1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:48:40 PM EDT
[sarcasm] [/sarcasm]

[smartassoldguy] In a few years you won't have that problem.

Of course, you'll have to pay rent and other bills when you're on your own, so fun money might be a little restricted... [/smartassoldguy]

It's in, it's paid for. Chill out. Pick it up monday and put a few boxes through it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:48:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
why?

yes,

P.S. are you the one that keeps flamming my threads and getting mad because im under 21 or something?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:54:12 PM EDT
Boo fucking hoo. We have a 10-day waiting period.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:55:33 PM EDT
Big hairy fucking deal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:55:50 PM EDT

why?

yes,

P.S. are you the one that keeps flamming my threads and getting mad because im under 21 or something?

yeah must be me and all 100 of my troll accounts

I'm just saying deal with it, the world has not ended.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:55:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:
Boo fucking hoo. We have a 10-day waiting period.

You must live in Utopia.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:56:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:

Did you work all summer to save up the coin? I take it you are a student under 21?

Think what a great Monday you'll have for a change. Mondays always suck unless it's a 3 day weekend.

Pics and RR!

HS1

actully it took me 3 weeks to save up for the xd and i am under 21 and a student and i dont live in TX
im the asst GM manager at ALB so i earn a pretty penny
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:56:50 PM EDT
Silly thing to get pissed about. Favors tend to run on someone elses' schedule.

When you're 21 and don't need someone else to buy it for you and a dealer screws up your order and jerks you around on a purchase, adjusts the price and holds the firearm hostage THEN you should get pissed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:58:22 PM EDT

Pics and RR!

HS1

actully it took me 3 weeks to save up for the xd and i am under 21 and a student and i dont live in TX

Ya got me!

Is ALB Albertsons?

HS1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:59:04 PM EDT
yes alb is albersons
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:59:25 PM EDT

Pics and RR!

HS1

Evidently not a smart GM manager....announcing to the world a straw purchase is just dumb
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:00:14 PM EDT

why?

yes,

Dude, no one cares how old you are, and certainly not TheRedHorseman. Just chill out and be happy that you are going to enjoy a new toy a little later than you expected. There will be far worse things in life as you will learn.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:00:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:
Big hairy fucking deal.

.......yup ditto
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:01:05 PM EDT
Actually isn;t a parent purchasing for a child still legal?

Having an unrelated over 21 buddy buy it for him would be verboten
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:01:38 PM EDT

why?

yes,

just wondering what is it that you dont like about me?

is it just my age?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:02:44 PM EDT
Nothing to see here, move along, move along.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:03:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By C-4:

why?

yes,

Dude, no one cares how old you are, and certainly not TheRedHorseman. Just chill out and be happy that you are going to enjoy a new toy a little later than you expected. There will be far worse things in life as you will learn.

you wouldent say that if you read what he said in my other threads
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:04:27 PM EDT
Grow thicker skin Kal-El, TRH is a good guy.

Got ammo yet? I'm not familiar with XD's, what caliber?

HS1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:04:49 PM EDT
If that's the worse thing to have happen to you, I would say you are very lucky.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:05:14 PM EDT

why?

yes,

is it just my age?

actually I just hate people in general, nothing personal. I was pointing out that life could be far, far worse.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:05:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By out-a-ammo:

+1. No shit!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:05:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 3:11:49 PM EDT by rayra]

wtf are you doing buying a pistol before you have your own transportation, kid?

ETA: Ah. Not a transportation issue. Just SuperBaby making what is essentially a straw purchase. Nice.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:06:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By out-a-ammo:

+1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:07:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rayra:

wtf are you doing buying a pistol before you have your own transportation, kid?

i have a 1998 honda and about 500 rds of WWB 9mm
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:08:46 PM EDT

Grow thicker skin Kal-El,

+1

Seriously - what response did you expect when you posted a thread essentially saying:

"Waaah. I can't have my boom-boom, because mommy isn't here to go to the store with me"

Just sayin' - your intitial post is just BEGGING to be ripped.

Enjoy the new gun on Monday! - waiting a few days is nothing. My Mustang has been at the body shop for about 8 months now. I wonder if the guy sold it or something? I should really give him a call.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:09:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 3:11:12 PM EDT by Kal-El]

why?

yes,

is it just my age?

actually I just hate people in general, nothing personal. I was pointing out that life could be far, far worse.

alright then, it make me feel better.

i just cant have people not like me

im just so tired of waiting i had to wait about 6 - 8 months for my Ar upper and it drove me crazy (stuff just kept going wrong)
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:11:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

Nonsense. A temper-tantrum-throwing kid is always worth stopping to laugh at.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:12:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tango7:

Yes, as long as he is over 18. 18 is legal to possess a handgun, just not to buy one from a dealer (he could buy one private party). If his mom is buying it for him, it's legal since he can possess it.

In other words, gun laws make no sense.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:13:39 PM EDT
Alright, just putting to rest the guys screaming about this being a "straw purchase."

Federally, and in most states it is still legal for a DIRECT RELATIVE (see parent or grandparent) to purchase and gift a long gun or handgun for their child/grandchild.

Further, having a parent buy a firearm that the child can not buy (ie: handgun for a 21 or younger, rifle for 18 or younger) is allowed.

So shaddup already.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 3:15:42 PM EDT by Kal-El]
the xd will hold me over for a couple days untill my Savage with McM stock comes in

ETA 2-3 days later
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 3:17:26 PM EDT by chrome1]
I'm so mad at my mommy

No Wait ....

OK , I'm better

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:17:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rayra:

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

Nonsense. A temper-tantrum-throwing kid is always worth stopping to laugh at.

Ya got me there, I just got back from the store where I was highly amused by that very thing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:20:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigWorm55:

Originally Posted By Tango7:

Yes, as long as he is over 18. 18 is legal to possess a handgun, just not to buy one from a dealer (he could buy one private party). If his mom is buying it for him, it's legal since he can possess it.

In other words, gun laws make no sense.

Welcome to my world. In Missouri I cannot buy a concealable firearm (i.e. handgun), because I am not a U.S. citizen.

However, I am allowed to OWN them, I just cannot BUY them. So the Colt 1991A1 I had when I lived in Maryland and moved to Missouri with was perfectly legal for me to own, and I own it to this day. However, it would be illegal for me to buy another Colt 1991A1. However, I can buy as many Colt 1911A1 as I want as long as they are C&R guns (over 50 years old), since C&R guns are exempted from the prohibition on non-citizens purchasing handguns.

In addition to that, I could get an FFL if I wanted, and start buying and selling handguns on my FFL, and I have a short-barrelled rifle on a Form 1 - since the federal government doesn't differentiate between citizens and legal resident non-citizens when it comes to firearms ownership, even though Missouri does when it comes to purchases - but not ownership . (I actually went to court in Missouri to challenge this, since I pointed out that there was nothing to prevent me from legally circumventing the law preventing me from purchasing a handgun - since I could go through the hassle of getting an FFL and still obtain one. Unfortunately, they didn't listen.)

It's particularly pointless since my wife lives in Tenneesee and we have a house both in Missouri and in Tennessee, so I can easily switch my residence to TN at any point (for 90 days or whatever - my work schedule is extremely flexible), and legally purchase a handgun there as a resident of TN, and then switch my residence back to MO and bring the handgun with me - which would be legal.

Does your head hurt yet? Just another completely pointless law that does nothing but create a pain in the ass for law-abiding citizens. Yet I've met several foreign citizens who have purchased (modern)handguns in Missouri, so the law clearly is NOT keeping them from purchasing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:24:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:26:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
Alright, just putting to rest the guys screaming about this being a "straw purchase."

Federally, and in most states it is still legal for a DIRECT RELATIVE (see parent or grandparent) to purchase and gift a long gun or handgun for their child/grandchild.

Further, having a parent buy a firearm that the child can not buy (ie: handgun for a 21 or younger, rifle for 18 or younger) is allowed.

So shaddup already.

A straw purchase has nothing to do with any relationship to the person you are buying the firearm for. A straw purchase under Federal law is making a false statement on a 4473 that you are the actual purchaser when in fact you are not.

You can give a gift of a firearm to anyone if your state allows private transactions. If you are giving a gift you must pay for it with your own funds.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:30:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:

Originally Posted By leelaw:

So shaddup already.

A straw purchase has nothing to do with any relationship to the person you are buying the firearm for. A straw purchase under Federal law is making a false statement on a 4473 that you are the actual purchaser when in fact you are not.

You can give a gift of a firearm to anyone if your state allows private transactions. If you are giving a gift you must pay for it with your own funds.

That's a good point. If mommy buys the gun with HER money, and then gifts it to kiddo, it's legal.

If kiddo hands money to mommy, she goes in store, fills out 4473, and then gives it to kiddo, it's more of a straw-purchasey area, because she is NOT really the purchaser, just an intermediary, because the real purchaser cannot legally buy it. That seems to meet the defintion of a straw purchase (regardless of family relationship), but I honestly cannot IMAGINE any D.A. or opera-listening BATF agent having the slightest interest in prosecuting such a case.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:40:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
<tale of woe snipped>
Does your head hurt yet? Just another completely pointless law that does nothing but create a pain in the ass for law-abiding citizens. Yet I've met several foreign citizens who have purchased (modern)handguns in Missouri, so the law clearly is NOT keeping them from purchasing.

I thought you weren't a citizen?

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:43:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 3:52:48 PM EDT by Dru]

Pics and RR!

HS1

Ummmmmmmmm okay............. it took you three weeks to save up for it, but yet you are the GM for albertsons? Should'da been able to clear that with one pay check..........

Come clean............. you're more like 'Lead Bag boy'........
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:51:20 PM EDT

State gun laws vis-a-vis non-citizens are surprisingly inconsistant between states. When I was living in Rhode Island and bought my first handgun they had just changed the law a month earlier allowing non-citizens to purchase one as long as they had been in the state for 90+ days. Prior to that you had to live in the state for 10 years. It made absolutely no sense since a person could apply for citizenship after only 5.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:51:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chrome1:
I'm so mad at my mommy

No Wait ....

OK , I'm better

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:53:53 PM EDT

the xd will hold me over for a couple days untill my Savage with McM stock comes in

ETA 2-3 days later

Mommy buying that one too?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:55:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:

Does your head hurt yet? Just another completely pointless law that does nothing but create a pain in the ass for law-abiding citizens. .

Pointless you say? Has Missouri ever been conquered by the Dutch? Cautious I think the rest of us would say.

Give it time ... give it time.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:03:05 PM EDT
Dude...its a Springfield XD tactical...get over it. Now if it was a Mark 23 or a USP Tactical or a Kimber TLE II then you can cry...but pouting over a XD...

Just remember, waiting is usually the best part. I quote Jim Carrey from "Bruce Almighty"

"Take your time...sometimes anticipation can heighten the...pleasure!" *cue Jennifer Anisten orgasaming*

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top