Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 6:47:11 AM EDT
some fucking asshat drifted right into my lane today. I slammed on my brakes/downshifted and layed on the horn. It was a two lane on ramp and i was blocked in by traffic, he got back in his lane and took the next exit. I didn't even realize he hit me but when I got home there was about a 1 ft 1/4" wide scratch on my car.

I wish I would have caught up with that cocksucker but since he was gone and I didn't think my car was messed up I just headed home.

The worst part is I just painted my 73 Z28 and I waxed the fucking thing two days ago!

Any reason to file a report with the cops? I doubt the guy is going to turn himself in

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:49:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I would report it just in case the other guy finds damage on his car and reports it as 'some guy in a Z28 hit me and left the scene!' crap.

Ya know the cops arent going to do anything with that amount of damage, but its good CYA stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#2]
he's gone.
get over it.

sorry about your ride.
i had the same thing happen to me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#3]
You never know, they may have to take their tin can to the body shop.  it's worth it to get the report in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
he's gone.
get over it.

yep and the worst part is a couple years back I would have chased his ass down just to tell him his a dickhead. Nice people get screwed!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:52:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Cops don't care about property crimes.  It's not like they will go look for the guy.
Your time would be better spent with the stud welder, slide hammer, and sandpaper.

It's a shame, sounds like a nice camaro. Could have been worse though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would report it just in case the other guy finds damage on his car and reports it as 'some guy in a Z28 hit me and left the scene!' crap.

Ya know the cops arent going to do anything with that amount of damage, but its good CYA stuff.

+1 (and for insurance purposes, jic)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I feel for your pain. Someone just hydro planed into me last week. No insurance, and the police can't find her at the address she gave them. Four month old 2004 Chevy Silverado. $16,000 in damage.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I feel for your pain. Someone just hydro planed into me last week. No insurance, and the police can't find her at the address she gave them. Four month old 2004 Chevy Silverado. $16,000 in damage.

well that is alot worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top