Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:16:35 PM EDT
I have been wanting to read the book "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" by Matthew Bracken for years now but never had the chance. I finally got the presence of mind to have my local library order it. I have waited about 3 months now and they got the book in a few days ago and I picked it up today. Either they totally ignored the author info I put down, or somebody screwed up somewhere because instead of the book we all know and love its some cheesy spy thriller that just happens to have the EXACT SAME TITLE.

So now I have to take this thing back to the library, tell them they have the wrong book and possibly wait another 3 months while they order the right one.

If you want something doen right you need to do it yourself.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have been wanting to read the book "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" by Matthew Bracken for years now but never had the chance. I finally got the presence of mind to have my local library order it. I have waited about 3 months now and they got the book in a few days ago and I picked it up today. Either they totally ignored the author info I put down, or somebody screwed up somewhere because instead of the book we all know and love its some cheesy spy thriller that just happens to have the EXACT SAME TITLE.

So now I have to take this thing back to the library, tell them they have the wrong book and possibly wait another 3 months while they order the right one.

If you want something doen right you need to do it yourself.

take your own advice and orderr it,
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Jesus, you know they are logging your reading habits via that library don't you?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.amazon.com

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
well you see the trouble is that I will read a book ONCE, remember it near perfectly and probably never read it again unless im bored which means that ill just donate it to the library. I dont want to pay for the thing and wait for it to arrive just to read it once and then give it away.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Well then, sell it to someone else that wants to read it here on arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy it direct from him and get a signed copy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top