Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 6:46:45 PM EDT
Just got done dealing on my camaro that is for sale and got a buyer putting down money on it and then commited to buying a 02 Xterra SE with 57,000 miles from back in my home town.  What do ya think?!?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Come on who wants to touch me?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Did it just come off a lease?  You should see the condition of  lease turn ins before they are 'preped'.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't do it.  The older models are terribly under powered and have a stiff ride.  The new redesigned models went from the bottom of their class in performance to the top.  Check out consumer reports.  I've done my research.  Even the older supercharged models don't have the same horse power as the standard models today.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't do it.  The older models are terribly under powered and have a stiff ride.  The new redesigned models went from the bottom of their class in performance to the top.  Check out consumer reports.  I've done my research.  Even the older supercharged models don't have the same horse power as the standard models today.

I know it but I cant afford a new car on a college budget. As far as the ride goes Im going from a camaro which could give a guy back problems.

It is a single owner car that I called on and it turned out to be classmates of my sisters in hight school. Of all the people I called on to stumble accross one that I know the owners.(I came from a town of 600)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It's not a sports car...    My brother has the 1st year ('99 or '00) and it still has far more power than my '99 4 Runner.  But, it's not material, because both are adequate for the type of vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
nissan is a French owned company.  Buy Toyota! made in the USA!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Poor college student? those thing get about 16-17 freeway if lucky. The gas bill is goingto killl ya
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a sports car...    My brother has the 1st year ('99 or '00) and it still has far more power than my '99 4 Runner.  But, it's not material, because both are adequate for the type of vehicle.

So you are pro xterra or naysayer?

I love the things and was thrilled to get it for $12700 fully fully loaded
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not to late to get a JEEP. Xterra is for wannabee off roaders that sit around Starbucks. Buy a Jeep TJ with a 4.0 .
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you are pro xterra or naysayer?

I love the things and was thrilled to get it for $12700 fully fully loaded

There's nothing wrong with them.  If it's in good condition, and was treated well, you should be happy.  Keep in mind that the mileage will be lower than you expect, the interior is quite cheap, and the basket in the rack will fuck up the paint underneath.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top