Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 7:51:43 AM EDT
Children's ice cream, Mandrake.

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/cdh/20020312/lo/_close_calls_could_spur_ice_cream_truck_ban_1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You would not belive the ammount of stupidity in some of our towns. Well then again, you just might since you are from CA. [:(]

This has been a raging debate in many towns, and it will not go away soon.

For some spastic reason our City board members feel that Ice Cream trucks are dangerous. Yet there have not been any Ice Cream truck related accidents in over 8 years.

5 months and I'm out of this state!!

Av.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Does it ever occur to these people to [size=3][b][red]TEACH THEIR CHILDREN NOT TO RUN INTO THE STREET?[/red][/b][/size=3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Ban ice cream trucks!  Do it for the children! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does it ever occur to these people to [size=3][b][red]TEACH THEIR CHILDREN NOT TO RUN INTO THE STREET?[/red][/b][/size=3]
View Quote
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  That would mean accepting personal responsibility for your actions and we all know that we can't have that.  After all, it's never a person's fault, it's the ice cream truck, the gun, the car, the underinflated tire, etc, but nothing ever happens because some person is criminal or stupid.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Ice cream trucks ?  what the hell ban em  maybe that will get them off us gunners @ss for awhile.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ice cream trucks ?  what the hell ban em  maybe that will get them off us gunners @ss for awhile.
View Quote

First they came for the ice cream trucks, but I didn't care because I don't eat ice cream.

Then they came for the fast-food burgers, but that didn't bother me because I'm a vegetarian...
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course not. Years ago I lived in a townehouse development where our back yard WAS A REGIONAL PARK!! You think the parents could tell their kids to play in the back yard / PARK?

Hell no its more fun dodging autos out front.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Every nice day from April to October the ice cream trucks roll up and down my street from almost dawn to dusk. And they haven't changed the tape in 10 years.

"Turkey in the Straw."

By May, every night I hear that tune, over and over, as I lay waiting for sleep.[whacko]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Head for the hills people, TSHTF! They are banning icecream trucks.  We are screwed.  There is no turning back.  Choas reigns.  Troops in the streets.  Confiscation of all private property.  Burning, looting, MTV becomes the voice of reason, dogs and cats shacking up, the end of all days.  Four horsemen...WTF!  

Oh, I was having an awake nightmare.  Let's see now.  Banning icecream truck...WHAT THE?  THAT WAS NO NIGHTMARE!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#11]
When ice cream trucks are outlawed...

Well, you know the rest...
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#12]
If you did some research, you'd find that the "Ice Cream Truck ban" was created at the behest of local stores that sell ice cream, and who pay taxes into the local coffers, and who contribute to the local town/city officials re-election.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Head for the hills people, TSHTF! They are banning icecream trucks.  We are screwed.  There is no turning back.  Choas reigns.  Troops in the streets.  Confiscation of all private property.  Burning, looting, MTV becomes the voice of reason, dogs and cats shacking up, the end of all days.  Four horsemen...WTF!  

Oh, I was having an awake nightmare.  Let's see now.  Banning icecream truck...WHAT THE?  THAT WAS NO NIGHTMARE!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
View Quote

OH, THE HUMANITY!
Let's see if this makes any sense:
1. Ice cream trucks are bad
2. Dr. Jack Kevorkian is good
3. Rosie is a lesbian, but she has a crush on Tom Cruise-go figure
4. People do not kill people, guns do-duh
5. Jim Jeffords is the reason that the DAMNDemocRATS control the Senate
6. OJ was found not guilty by a jury of his peers(?)
7. The Congress is voting today if they should provide amnesty to illegal aliens 6 months after 3,000 Americans died at the hands of illegal immigrant terrorists

Anyone care to add to my list?

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#16]
In VA they are trying to ban church vans "for the children"  It never will stop
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Growing up on Long Island, ice cream trucks were a staple of summer community life!  Street games of baseball and the ice cream man were the highlights of every night, you people out there are f*cked up!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#18]
This is what pisses me off....the article actually says, in response to the argument that the solution is better parenting instead of a ban:  "It's unfair to think that Mom can be out in the yard monitoring the kids every second." [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is what pisses me off....the article actually says, in response to the argument that the solution is better parenting instead of a ban:  "It's unfair to think that Mom can be out in the yard monitoring the kids every second." [rolleyes]

View Quote

Thats what I'm thinking.  If Mom cant be "bothered" to be outside taking care of her kids, then DONT BE A MOM.  Damn, sometimes I'm embarrassed to live in this state.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Damn, sometimes I'm embarrassed to live in this state.
View Quote

Tell me about living in an embarrassing state!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top