Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/15/2001 8:22:07 PM EDT
I have a nice Chipmunk for my Daughters for Christmas. I am seriously (since they are 5 and 6) of getting a second one to avoid fights over who's is which. I may get another Chipmunk, or an inexpensive .22 Lever gun (Henry or others). I do NOT want an autoloader at their age--I want them to learn to control each stage of loading and firing. I (MAY) have enough extra $$$ to get another rifle for them (depends on what else my Wife buys this year). Can any of you Chicagolanders keep your eyes out at the local shops for one of the above (Chipmunk or Henry lever gun) or something similar--ideally a smaller model gun, as they aren't very big for their age--in a sub $200 range? It would be greatly appreciated, and provide you with a good reason to hit the local stores. Thanks!! AFARR
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 9:28:02 PM EDT
AFARR, I live in Downers Grove. I'll probably be hitting the shops near me next week. If I see something in the DuPage county area or a little farther out in Will county, do you want me to post, or is that too far for you to come if you're in the city?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 3:10:11 AM EDT
Any good/bad shops around Naperville? Any that should be avoided in the area?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:09:00 AM EDT
AFARR, Village Sports had a henry golden boy left over from a sale that did not go thru. I think he still has it. Ask for mike, tell him Carl sent ya. 847.956.1133 c-rock
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:10:17 AM EDT
Originally posted by Crookshanks: is that too far for you to come if you're in the city?
View Quote
Too far to drive to look at guns!!! There is no such distance. [%|]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:13:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By urodoji: Any good/bad shops around Naperville? Any that should be avoided in the area?
View Quote
I dont know around there, but Give Village Sports a chance for your business. Its in Arl Hts. over on Busse and Central. 847.956.1133 Its a hole in the wall gun shop, were lots of old timers hang out. I have been hanging out there a lot, and usally everytime I go into there, I am sitting around B.S'ing, and learning stuff from them. Bushmaster, DSA, armlite dealer too. Not a big selection, keeps down on costs, they order it when you need it. Besides, with the 24/72 waits, you just cant take it home. Ask for mike, tell him Carl sent ya. c-rock
Top Top