Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/13/2002 6:09:47 AM EST
It is illegal to harass, kill, collect or possess the following snakes in Massachusetts: Timber Rattlesnake - Copperhead - Eastern Hognose Snake- Black Rat Snake - Worm Snake  In Texas we kill before we get killed [rolleyes] [url]http://www.umass.edu/umext/nrec/snake_pit/pages/prot.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:22:46 AM EST
More tree hugging, greenie, liberal crap. This document states no exception for defending yourself against the snake.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:29:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:30:52 AM EST
No need to kill. Just vote them out of office the next time.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:31:23 AM EST
Of course it is, ya dumbass...haven't you ever seen the flag? [img]http://www.foundingfathers.info/stories/images/gadsden-flap.gif[/img] Sheesh...kids today.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:33:45 AM EST
Other than the rattlesnake or copperhead, why would you WANT to kill a snake? Hell I've been bringing snakes home ever since I was just a kid. Living in Florida I've had them all. If one feels threatened, by all means, defend yourself but don't shoot them for no reason.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:36:34 AM EST
I think I like PbRx's reply better than mine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:54:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By ScrubJ: Other than the rattlesnake or copperhead, why would you WANT to kill a snake? Hell I've been bringing snakes home ever since I was just a kid. Living in Florida I've had them all. If one feels threatened, by all means, defend yourself but don't shoot them for no reason.
View Quote
You forgot the coral snake, and the king snake too, since I can never remember that silly jingle. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:59:14 AM EST
Thats it! why is it in this country that animal life comes before ours? that is total B.S. animal rights my @$$
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:05:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/13/2002 8:05:58 AM EST by M4]
Why kill them at all? Leave them alone, what the hell are snakes doing? Are you really affraid of snakes in the first place? Yeah, if you find yourself in the uncommon position where a dangerous snake is in your immediate living area, lop its head off. Other than that, maybe people should try to actually understand that hysteria and fact are not the same thing. Anyone have any stats on the waves and waves of snake victims in MA?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:08:29 AM EST
Well, the Kennedy clan was dropping like flies before they passed that law. In NC (the Massachusetts of the south) - it is illegal to kill any non-game vertabrate. Funny, but they haven't banned the sale, manufacture, or importation of mouse traps yet, though they clearly are built, and marketed for illegal purposes. Why even felons can buy them in grocery stores without a background check, and the only picture you have to show is George's.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:24:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By marvl:
Originally Posted By ScrubJ: Other than the rattlesnake or copperhead, why would you WANT to kill a snake? Hell I've been bringing snakes home ever since I was just a kid. Living in Florida I've had them all. If one feels threatened, by all means, defend yourself but don't shoot them for no reason.
View Quote
You forgot the coral snake, and the king snake too, since I can never remember that silly jingle. [;)]
View Quote
Uh, are you saying the US king snake is posionous? I don't think so. The only ones in the US I remember are Cottonmouth Mocassin Coral Copperhead Rattlesnake
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:37:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By Observer: Of course it is, ya dumbass...haven't you ever seen the flag? [img]http://www.foundingfathers.info/stories/images/gadsden-flap.gif[/img] Sheesh...kids today.
View Quote
[b][red]I am going to assume Observer is in Grade school and I'd be Jailed for bitch slapping his punk ass... :rolleyes: [/red][/b] All poisonous snakes should be eradicated if found... You don't want to go thru the pain that awaits you from a snake bite.. Hell, the anti venom is sometimes worse to your body that the venom itself. realist out
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:56:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/13/2002 12:19:28 PM EST by shooter69]
Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC: Thats it! why is it in this country that animal life comes before ours? that is total B.S. animal rights my @$$
View Quote
How dare you! Snakes have rights too. Remember: a snake = dog = a child
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 12:50:14 PM EST
Hell, out here in the desert , you go quail hunting in early October and you're likely to kill more rattlesnakes or sidewinders than you SEE quail. Our motto "the only good snake is a DEAD one'.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:08:44 PM EST
I gotta go with Dr. Jones on this one. I hate snakes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:57:57 PM EST
Does waving a mouse in the face of a snake, constitute harassment? How about taunting? NA, NA NA, NA, NA!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:29:39 PM EST
Obviously, snakes are more important than people. They have rights too. Massachusetts really sucks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:58:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:09:23 PM EST
Don't kill all the snakes..... just kill all the snakes you see.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:16:40 PM EST
Considering the population of poisonous snakes in Mass(about 5 in the entire state)... I'd say rattler hunting is a pretty lonely sport there... I, however, may shoot brer rattler... Since I'm still peeved about being bit in 99... Yes, the antivenom can be worse... I'm allergic to anything containing horse serum... Damned near died from that one... big
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:19:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/13/2002 4:22:44 PM EST by LongIslandShooter]
What's so bad about this? It specifically says in the article that the snakes are endangered. If someone does find themselves in the uncommon situation where a snake threatens your life and you have to kill it, I doubt the Massachusetts animal police will knock at your door.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:11:37 PM EST
marvl, Red touch black, friendly jack Red touch yellow, BAD fellow
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:27:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/13/2002 7:30:33 PM EST by marvl]
Originally Posted By prk:
View Quote
View Quote
Uh, are you saying the US king snake is posionous? I don't think so. The only ones in the US I remember are Cottonmouth Mocassin Coral Copperhead Rattlesnake
View Quote
No, king snake is not venomous, but looks kinda like a coral snake. The order of the colors is different, and there is a jingle to remember them, as quoted by P806 above. And you left one particularly vile snake off the list of poisonous North American snakes: lawmaker
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:25:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By prk:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
No, king snake is not venomous, but looks kinda like a coral snake. The order of the colors is different, and there is a jingle to remember them, as quoted by P806 above. And you left one particularly vile snake off the list of poisonous North American snakes: lawmaker
View Quote
OK, now I get it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:30:13 PM EST
We've had 3 snakes as pets, two were a M&F pair. All three broke out, and I decided it just wasn't worth it. One day, I heard the neighbor lady going apeshit -- Snakeomigodkillitkillitsnakesnakekillitgetitg­etit Poor little guy never even saw 1'.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:50:12 PM EST
Killing a snake is just pure dumb unless it is dwelling in your immediate home or yard. I don't think I have ever heard of a snake spreading disease? Who among us loves rats so well as to trade 1 snake for 30 rats? Rats suck!! Most people that I have met, that dislike snakes feel the same way about bats, and I say, I like bats a hell of a lot better than mosquito's! Snakes and bats = less rats and mosquitos!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 12:14:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By 321Bang: Killing a snake is just pure dumb unless it is dwelling in your immediate home or yard. I don't think I have ever heard of a snake spreading disease? Who among us loves rats so well as to trade 1 snake for 30 rats? Rats suck!! Most people that I have met, that dislike snakes feel the same way about bats, and I say, I like bats a hell of a lot better than mosquito's! Snakes and bats = less rats and mosquitos!
View Quote
Exactly, but some ya hoo's think they're saving the world by getting rid of snakes.....'cause they scare the women and kids and makes the guy look like a hero.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:00:06 PM EST
Your going to look like a Yoo Hoo.. after you've been bitten by a pit viper.. and you are too far away from a hospital.... were going to pin the yoo hoo award on your grave stone... : ) Were not saying kill all snakes.. just the poisonous ones...[rolleyes] Same goes for brown recluse and black widow spiders... [bounce] lol
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:31:13 PM EST
Yeah, and while were out there saving the children from the scarey stuff, lets take out all lions, big, mean bears.....lets fish every man-eating shark out of the oceans......don't forget those Komodo dragons too. I hear they swim pretty well....might want to nip that before they over run America. We almost got all the wolves....thank god....they were eating people right and left! Oh, yeah....snapping turtles....can't kill ya, but ooooooo do they snap!! Hmmmmmmm.....what other animals can I save the world from? [sleep]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:52:30 PM EST
M4...LMAO what are you a Snake worshiper? [b][blue] ERADICATE ALL POISONOUS SNAKES AND SPIDERS !!! [/BLUE][/B]
Top Top