Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:39:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 9:30:58 AM EDT by 89grand]
Get a load of this bill board I saw near my house last night. It was so good I went home to get my camera and snap a picture of it. The pic sucks, but it was at night and it was the best I could do.

Illegal immigration = Not a crime. w00t!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:41:49 AM EDT
Funny I thought illegal implied a crime and hence meant someone was a criminal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:42:04 AM EDT
f'n idiots...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:42:20 AM EDT
would have been better written in english IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:42:35 AM EDT
yeah, that's fucking lovely. It shouldn't be a crime to shoot an illegal alien either. We could have an ARFCOM "prairie dog shoot" weekend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:43:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
Funny I thought illegal implied a crime and hence meant someone was a criminal.

It used too, but that was back in the 70's I think. "Illegal" may still mean non-legal in some circumstances, but not in this one.

Go Immigrants...woot!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:31:59 AM EDT
I'm going to put up a pro-bank robbing bill board. It's going to read:

"Withdrawing money from a bank is NOT a crime".
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:34:22 AM EDT
"Please, have your liberals spayed or neutered..."
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:13:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:16:08 AM EDT
Bitching and moaning on an internet chat board isn'g going to do anything. Instead of making the 50,000th thread on the topic, go down there and take care of the problem, since you have all the answers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:27:22 AM EDT
on the radio yesterday I caught the last few min of a guest speaking out against the new bill, he said we were doing what the nazis did to the jews
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:01:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:04:09 PM EDT by 89grand]

Originally Posted By Big_Bear:

Originally Posted By Fourays2:

In English it says "to be an immigrant is not a crime"

The Spanish word for "illegal" is not on that sign.

89grand is grandstanding, or his Spanish sucks.

Why in the FUCK would anyone put up a bill board saying immigrants are not illegal when no one ever fucking said they were? It's a play on words, they just refuse to consider themselves illegal, therefore they refer to illegal aliens as immigrants.

Looks like they tricked you though, so I guess their half assed attempt at hiding what they are really saying works wonders on the slow people.

I'm going to put up a bill board supporting bank robbery and It's going to read like this "Withdrawing money from a bank is not a crime".
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:06:42 PM EDT by 89grand]

Originally Posted By ARHighPower:
Bitching and moaning on an internet chat board isn'g going to do anything. Instead of making the 50,000th thread on the topic, go down there and take care of the problem, since you have all the answers.

Your post was great, it should definetely award you with some brownie points.

Uhhh...I used to be against the illegal alien invaders, but not anymore. I support them fully. I think the bill board is great.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:11:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 89grand:

Why in the FUCK would anyone put up a bill board saying immigrants are not illegal when no one ever fucking said they were? It's a play on words, they just refuse to consider themselves illegal, therefore they refer to illegal aliens as immigrants.

Looks like they tricked you though, so I guess their half assed attempt at hiding what they are really saying works wonders on the slow people.

I'm going to put up a bill board supporting bank robbery and It's going to read like this "Withdrawing money from a bank is not a crime".

Absolutely. No one is against legal immigration. They are clearly talking about ILLEGAL immigration, because that is what is being debated. So, they are saying that ILLEGAL immigration is not a crime.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:14:48 PM EDT

That was my reaction.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:17:03 PM EDT by Winston_Wolf]

... Both
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:16:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:17:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:32:45 PM EDT by Greenhorn]

If you take EXACTLY what that sign says, you would be right. But the context around the sign completely changes its meaning. The sign is talking about illegal immigrants.

"Nadie dice que los inmigrantes legales son criminales, solamente dice que los inmigrantes illegales lo son. Pero todavía debemos decir fuertemente que los inmigrantes legales no son criminals! Por que? Uh . . . no sabemos."
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:23:33 PM EDT by 89grand]

Yeah, I'm pretty slow. I had to go to babelfish to translate "SER INMIGRANTE ¡NO ES UN CRIMEN!" Good luck with that billboard thingy.

I know what the bill board had written on it, I had my girlfrind translate it when we saw it. I also know exactly what they are implying...you're blind if you don't.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:27:54 PM EDT by 89grand]

Originally Posted By Greenhorn:

If you take EXACTLY what that sign says, you would be right. But the context around the sign completely changes its meaning. The sign is talking about illegal immigrants.

Everybody here know that too. A few think they'll get Ed Sr. brownie point though if they attack me for what is clearly obvious...and wrong.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:25:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

... Both

Ohhhhh....are you still mad at me about the other day when I got suprised by your childish outburst?

I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:26:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:30:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:
Part of the war is to define the language. The liberals do it to no end defining "the right to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness" to mean abortion is both legal and private. Defining "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infrindged" to mean that the government can arm state guards. By trying to turn this anti-illegal immigration bill into an anti-immigration bill they are attempting to change the langauge plain and simple.

Propaganda is an amazingly powerful tool to those that don't pay more than 6 seconds of attention to any issue. I figure that's about 40% of all the people living here - the sheep as we often call them.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:35:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:37:01 PM EDT by Winston_Wolf]

Part of the war is to define the language. The liberals do it to no end defining "the right to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness" to mean abortion is both legal and private. Defining "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infrindged" to mean that the government can arm state guards. By trying to turn this anti-illegal immigration bill into an anti-immigration bill they are attempting to change the langauge plain and simple.

Propaganda is an amazingly powerful tool to those that don't pay more than 6 seconds of attention to any issue. I figure that's about 40% of all the people living here - the sheep as we often call them.

Exactly!

... and “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.”

The sign simply says: TO BE AN IMMIGRANT IS NOT A CRIME, It doesn't say to be an illegal immigrant.

... 88grand is implying it does though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:38:08 PM EDT

Exactly!

... and “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.”

The sign simply says: TO BE AN IMMIGRANT IS NOT A CRIME, It doesn't say to be an illegal immigrant.

... 88Grand is implying it does though.

No one is saying that it's a crime to be an immigrant (legal)! So why in the hell would they be referring to that??? The only thing they could be referring to is illegal immigration, because that's what is being debated!

But I and others have already said this, so I think that you just don't care to change your views.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:40:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:44:13 PM EDT
for once, i think i'm actually with 89grand on this one.

to me, i believe it is an insinuation that illegal immigration should not be illegal. idiots.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:44:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:47:32 PM EDT by Winston_Wolf]

... I think that you just don't care to change your views.

... There you go thinking again

... I am very pro legal-immigration

... Yet, I fully support the stiffer laws Congress is now trying to pass for entering the Country illegally

... Although 88grand doesn't like the billboard, it is technically not advocating anything illegal. Yes, perhaps it's whipping up the Hispanic masses for the protests. Nonetheless it is worded correctly.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:47:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 2:48:38 PM EDT by 89grand]

... I fully support the stiffer laws Congress is now trying to pass for entering the Country illegally

... Although 88grand doesn't like the billboard, it is technically not advocating anything illegal

But we both know damn well it is. Go ahead and play dumb, you and a the few others that are defending this...we're all paying the price for this. You guys act like it's only me that will suffer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:51:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:58:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 3:00:45 PM EDT by 89grand]

... Yet, I fully support the stiffer laws Congress is now trying to pass for entering the Country illegally

... Although 88grand doesn't like the billboard, it is technically not advocating anything illegal. Yes, perhaps it's whipping up the Hispanic masses for the protests, it is worded correctly.

I agree with you on all counts. I don't like Bush's "guest worker" program either.

Meh, the only reason I made an issue of this is because 89grand is anti-immigrant.

Unless he's backed off his stand and now supports legal immigration. I think most all of us are against illegal immigration.

You must have me confused with someone else. I have never once said anything about legal immigration since I joined this board. I have numerous times been critical of illegal aliens, but again, I have never once said anything negative about immigration that is legal. Anyone that can search my posts will not find one instance of it.

Again, my stance is against illegal aliens, not against legal immigration or American hispanics. Fuck I gone over this before numerous times.

Also, I know that "technically" the sign say inmigrante (immigrant) but it is clearly suggesting that illegal immigration is not a crime. There is no reason for a bill board announcing that legal immigration is not a crime.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:59:12 PM EDT

I never said you weren't. When I mentioned changing your views, I meant nothing more than your views of the underlying meaning behind that sign, which is pro illegal-immigration.

... Although 88grand doesn't like the billboard, it is technically not advocating anything illegal. Yes, perhaps it's whipping up the Hispanic masses for the protests. Nonetheless it is worded correctly.

Yes, technically it is not. I already acknowledged that. In actuality, though, it is. As I have said many times, no one is debating legal immigration. Because of that, no one would put up a sign saying that legal immigration is not a crime. Therefore, they are, in fact, talking about illegals.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:50:10 PM EDT
I'll toss in a few cents before this gets locked up tight.

The sign as stated is correct. The context is not. The problem is perception vs reality and legality.

From the illegals I've seen here, they feel they have an entitlement to be here. They feel it is not a crime to walk across the border looking for work. They feel we need them more than we need to enforce an unjust law in their eyes.

They also feel that we need to conform to them, and not the other way around. They also feel that this land is theirs by right (southwest US) and was taken from them illegally in the US/Mexican war.

We know it is illegal to immigrate to the US by bypassing our immigration controls and laws. Those of us in the southwest are tired of the crime, attitude, invasion and effects of an illegal population out of control.

I personally am tired of bi-lingual signs, directions, menus for ATM's and phone messages. I live in the United States. I thought english was our language. Maybe I am wrong.

I am also against a "guest worker" thing. I used to be a computer engineer. I now paint houses. I have no problem doing yard work and painting houses. I can also pick my own damned veggies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:03:34 PM EDT
Where can I find a list of all the traitor motherfuckers who voted for this "Amnesty" BullShit. I want to know who sold this nation out
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:10:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tomislav:

Love it.

Why cant we all pick what laws we dont think we should live by. Where is my fucking m60?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:39:49 PM EDT

QUICK ! Somebody make another sign !

Write it in Dutch and grab that DK_Prof guy....... Fuggin immigrants !

*News Flash* Immigration aint illegal..... Just DO IT the right freakin way.

Dude...... if you're gonna start generalizing and spouting 88 style racist bullshit, do yourself and us a favor, and just shut up....

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:48:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JB69:

While that might be a good idea (), it has little to do with the matter at hand.

It is painfully obvious that 'the other side' is saying 'immigration' when what they really mean is 'illegal immigration'. Very few, if any, people want to put an end to legal immigration, meaning that DK_Prof and my own family would be safe. Of course, my dad, and presumably DK_Prof (not the same person, I'm pretty sure!) didn't sneak in through a hole in the fence.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:50:51 PM EDT

Dude...... if you're gonna start generalizing and spouting 88 style racist bullshit, do yourself and us a favor, and just shut up....

Can you fucking read? Apparently not.

I can only guess that you think this idiotic post is going to somehow boost your standing here. It shouldn't, but if it does...god help us all.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:57:07 PM EDT

You must have me confused with someone else. I have never once said anything about legal immigration since I joined this board. I have numerous times been critical of illegal aliens, but again, I have never once said anything negative about immigration that is legal. Anyone that can search my posts will not find one instance of it.

Again, my stance is against illegal aliens, not against legal immigration or American hispanics. Fuck I gone over this before numerous times.

Also, I know that "technically" the sign say inmigrante (immigrant) but it is clearly suggesting that illegal immigration is not a crime. There is no reason for a bill board announcing that legal immigration is not a crime.

I know what you mean dude. Still, some people on Arfcom will go over any argument or assertion with a fine toothed comb in order to be "pedant for a day".
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:01:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 6:02:16 PM EDT by 82ndAbn]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:01:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PeteCO:

I know what you mean dude. Still, some people on Arfcom will go over any argument or assertion with a fine toothed comb in order to be "pedant for a day".

Yeah...you're exactly right..........unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:01:40 PM EDT

What if the sign said "ser inmigrante blanco... no es un crimen" ?

Discuss.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:10:39 PM EDT
Why don't we use the phrase for our own billboard: "... exercising your constitutional rights is not a crime" above a a picture of a gun
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:21:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Coop_K:
Why don't we use the phrase for our own billboard: "... exercising your constitutional rights is not a crime" above a a picture of a gun

Some people would assume by "exercising your constitutional rights" you meant something illegal, just like being an immigrant is illegal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:19:28 PM EDT

Can you fucking read? Apparently not.

I can only guess that you think this idiotic post is going to somehow boost your standing here. It shouldn't, but if it does...god help us all.

I thought that post was funny. What a great example of failure to comprehend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:33:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dwkennedy:

Originally Posted By Coop_K:

Some people would assume by "exercising your constitutional rights" you meant something illegal, just like being an immigrant is illegal.

Context.

There is currently a huge national debate going on regarding ILLEGAL immigration, and it's quite common for proponents of it to omit the "illegal" part. Maybe you have heard of this debate, yes?

On the other hand, no one is out there murdering people with guns such that it is a national issue, and attaching a catchy "exercising Constitutional rights" moniker to it.

Understand yet?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:04:55 PM EDT
I think we need a little stress relief from this topic:

http://pcdevils.com/flashme.php?swf=/media/flash/wp_game_border_patrol.swf

After 10 minutes at the above site...return here and get it off your chest.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:09:18 PM EDT
That's a fun game. You might want to consider removing the link though before you buy yourself an undeserved ban.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:51:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kcobean:
yeah, that's fucking lovely. It shouldn't be a crime to shoot an illegal alien either. We could have an ARFCOM "prairie dog shoot" weekend.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:10:44 PM EDT
It's disgusting when a criminal says they're NOT a criminal. When they insult us for calling them criminals, and when they say they don't CARE if they're breaking our laws, and that this should be part of Mexico anyway "so get used to it".

The only thing MORE disgusting is when a brainwashed dimwitted AMERICAN who's supposed to be on OUR side joins the illegals' side and argues with those of us who have the balls to call them what they are, CRIMINALS, and demand that our laws be respected and obeyed.

Congrats Big Bear, Ardenner, Winston Wolf, and the rest of you. You have the ignorance and audacity to publicly defend criminals. You've betrayed your fellow Americans to defend Criminals who have no respect for us, our culture, or our laws. Traitors like you make me sick. I hope you get what you deserve.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:15:40 PM EDT

"Nadie dice que los inmigrantes legales son criminales, solamente dice que los inmigrantes illegales lo son. Pero todavía debemos decir fuertemente que los inmigrantes legales no son criminals! Por que? Uh . . . no sabemos."

I thought you had to use the subjunctive tense when negating something; although it has been a while.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top