Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/14/2007 10:49:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 10:50:10 PM EDT by 22bad]
Where is the aclu and their best friend la raza?

Illegal Immigration Crackdown in Anne Arundel Co.
Annapolis, MD
August 14, 2007
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0807/447430.html
Anne Arundel County Executive John Leopold issued an executive order Tuesday, requiring all companies and individuals that contract with the County to comply with federal law regarding the employment of illegal aliens.

"As a result of this Executive Order, the county Purchasing Department will add language to all future contracts and Requests for Proposals that expressly references the need for compliance with federal laws prohibiting the employment of illegal immigrants," said Leopold in a statement. "Compliance with federal law is a mandatory term and condition of any contract with Anne Arundel County. Non-Compliance with that condition will be considered a material breach of the contract, constituting grounds for termination."

The Executive Order will result in new language for future contracts, but existing contractors and vendors are expected to comply with the law as well. The Executive Order is effective immediately.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:43:41 AM EDT
Carbon copy of the policy set by the county I live in here in Georgia.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:04:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 2:04:56 AM EDT by birdbarian]
Cletus, I didn't know we did that. Very cool.

Saw an article the other day saying the amount of $$$ going south was slowing down and might actually start going down. Maybe the answer is to make things uncomfortable and a lot of them will just go home.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:07:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By birdbarian:
Cletus, I didn't know we did that. Very cool.

Saw an article the other day saying the amount of $$$ going south was slowing down and might actually start going down. Maybe the answer is to make things uncomfortable and a lot of them will just go home.

To New York City.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:44:34 AM EDT
Good
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:11:13 AM EDT
I'd love to see who'll clean all the offices. Without exception, at EVERY govt office i've worked at, illegals clean them. When I worked at "secure" offices, we had paid security personell follow them around as they cleaned to make sure no files or paperwork were touched. It was surreal! For the most part they were retired law enforment guys that would show up at around 7pm, when the cleaning starts, and litterally follow the cleaning person from desk to desk. They would make sure no paperwork dissapeared and no computers were touched.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:02:43 PM EDT
Sooooo.........you're saying the .gov regularly, knowingly breaks the law, this is my shocked face
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:18:40 PM EDT
That's surprising for MD-istan.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:23:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mayday:
I'd love to see who'll clean all the offices. Without exception, at EVERY govt office i've worked at, illegals clean them. When I worked at "secure" offices, we had paid security personell follow them around as they cleaned to make sure no files or paperwork were touched. It was surreal! For the most part they were retired law enforment guys that would show up at around 7pm, when the cleaning starts, and litterally follow the cleaning person from desk to desk. They would make sure no paperwork dissapeared and no computers were touched.

I would love to clean offices at night for minimum wage 4-6 hours per night. If you know of any jobs in TN let me know. I'd love to make some extra money.

I am also willing to do manual cleaning on construction sites overnight.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:26:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rdblan2:
That's surprising for MD-istan.

were not all bad ya know
Top Top