Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 6:43:26 PM EDT
How many here have a "Don't ask / Don't Tell"
policy on Illegal Aliens.

I know Phoenix AZ has this policy!!  I have zero respect for the police in this area as they ignore the problem of Illegal Aliens.

ENFORCE THE LAW!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not only would I like to say IBTL, I would also like to say [:K]

And here we go...
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you are mistaken.
Many of the illegals we arrest are in no small part due to the Phoenix P.D. and Maricopa County Sheriffs Office.
These officers are dedicated individuals that have helped us clean up so many drop houses in the past year that I can't even remember the number.
If there is any blame, it must fall on the politicians that attempt to tie our and the local L.E.O.s hands with directives aimed at garnering the minority vote.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#3]
GunSlinger,

I agree with you on this - the problem is the directive 1.4 I believe for the Phoenix PD.

"If there is any blame, it must fall on the politicians that attempt to tie our and the local L.E.O.s hands with directives aimed at garnering the minority vote."

Remember illegals don't vote/ or do they??

The Phoenix city council approved money for a "Day Labor Center" in Phoenix.  My money is being spent to support illegal activity and the police are directed not to touch.  Wonder if I wanted to open a Whorehouse if I could get taxpayer money and police support???

Illegal Alien pay no taxes but get taxpayer supported services.

My point is the police are useless and have no backbones.  The police have been scared by lawsuits and politicians.  

Again I have zero respect for the Phoenix PD and any other LEO that does not hav any BALLS to address this problem.

I see LEO's on the street and think there is another useless report taker.

Gunslinger Quote:

"Many of the illegals we arrest are in no small part due to the Phoenix P.D. and Maricopa County Sheriffs Office."

Are the illegals being arrested for "being here illegally"??  this should be the # one prioity.  

The problem is illegals are not "Deported" when they are caught by law enforcement. Unless an illegal commits a felony their legal status is ignored.  So unless the illegal alien KILLS someone they are not deported!!
Stupid!!! Stupid!!! Stupid!!!

Solution:

1.)Bullets at the Border!!!!!

2.)Deport!!!  Deport!!! Deport!!!

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you are confusing the Phoenix police with INS or Border Patrol.  I work in IL so we don't have a fraction of the "alien" problem that you do but we have quite a few.  We have no resources to deport them and unless we have over 200 at a time Immigration doesn't want to hear about it.  The only thing we can do is get them one at a time after they commit a felony.  I have court on one it 2 days to get him deported.  If you ask me that is a pretty expensive price to pay just to kick someone out of the country that is not suppossed to be here anyway.  But that is all we can do at this point.  I bet Phoenix PD is the same way.  So maybe you could relax and put the blame where it is due.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys this is nothing new. It has been going on for at least 25 years that I know of. I worked at Tempe PD, which at that time was a Federal detention facility, and just to boost stats or overtime we would hit Baseline Rd about 5 am any morning and stop a whole bus load of them going to the fields. We would drive the whole bus back, process them, and call INS. They would pick them up and take them to the border and push them across. The next week we would stop the very same bus at the same place and find that half were the same ones we had the week before.

It is a vicious circle and it will continue until they close the border. Everyone can screem Homeland Security all they want and it won't help a damm bit. You can't have security when you leave the doors and windows open.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Northeast OH/ We have no policy on don't ask / Don't tell but......We have no way to deal with them solely because they are illegal.  INS or whatever they are called now doesn't want to hear it unless they have committed a serious felony and have been convicted.  INS takes their information and we let them go....We have large scale nursery / landscaping companys and the hispanic population has outgrown all other ethnic minorities.  So, not much has changed since 9-11.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How many here have a "Don't ask / Don't Tell"
policy on Illegal Aliens.

I know Phoenix AZ has this policy!!  I have zero respect for the police in this area as they ignore the problem of Illegal Aliens.

ENFORCE THE LAW!!!!
View Quote

Perhaps you should attempt to find the state law against illegal entry? You cant, becuase it is a federal law, which us "report takers" are unable to enforce.

Before you spout off, think about what you are asking, your anger should be directed at the federal law enforcement communtiy.

BTW, my agency has a simlar policy, however we check out with "suspicious" pepole all the time, determine they are illegal, and call the BP. Hell, if they "want" to go to BP, we are allowed to give them a "ride" in the car.

I see LEO's on the street and think there is another useless report taker.
View Quote
I see threads like this and see another useless report generator.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Same old excuses "Its not my job to enforce the LAW!!!" "I'm just a report taker don't want to be bothered with the real problem."

The Local police are the one in contact with the public - BUT they can't be bothered with working with the INS or other Federal agencies.

The local Police need to pickup and drop off Illegals at the local INS office - by the hundreds!!!

Again my point is the Police are useless every man for himself.  

Don't want to know what I think about the INS or the Phoenix City Council!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
troll
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
troll
View Quote

I concur. I'm not gonna waste another minute trying to explain anything to em'. Retarded....
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top