Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2001 10:03:35 PM EDT
Gee this is nice.  Title an article with the line obssesed with guns.  Paint some broader strokes there, CNN.  
The shooter was supposedly obsessed with Guns and the move Natural Born Killers.  Let's take a guess as to which one will get legislated more here.  Not that either should.  Of course, I could be the only one who thought NBK was a comedy....Oliver Stone was laughing all the way to the bank on that one, demonizing the media while being part of it.  
This guy could have starred in NBK from the sounds of it.  He was laughing and yelling "I'm the kind" while shooting.  Of course, they mention that he was an ex-con, probably felonious to have served 13 years.  

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/04/15/bar.shooting.ap/index.html?s=7[/url]

Quote from article:
"He is charged with first-degree murder, attempted murder, and firearms and assault"
Uhhh....charged with firearms?  WTF is that?  

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 4:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You need a FOID in illinois to own, handle a gun or ammo.  
No FOID, you get charged with a crime.
or example, my buddies grandfather died, and left him a .22.  Since he did not have a FOID, I got it to hold for him. IF he kept it, and used it for self-defense, he could get charged with a crime.

c-rock
[url]www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You need a FOID in illinois to own, handle a gun or ammo.  
No FOID, you get charged with a crime.
or example, my buddies grandfather died, and left him a .22.  Since he did not have a FOID, I got it to hold for him. IF he kept it, and used it for self-defense, he could get charged with a crime.
View Quote

Actually, just possessing the .22 was a crime without a FOID. You don't have to shoot someone.

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a pic of the guy that did all of the shooting.
[img]http://chicagotribune.com/multimedia/content/display/0,1037,36534,00.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
CNN is the prime contributer of the "unbiased" news media in this country. They need to pull their collective heads out and go back to "just the facts". As for the headline, hell, Im obsessed with guns but that doesnt mean that Im gonna shoot anyone. I mean come on, get real!  Dont you just love freedom of the press?  We as gun owners have to defend the very aspect of American heritage that is trying so hard to bring us down. How ironic.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Could anyone have that much forehead and so little hair???

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top