Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:53:06 AM EDT
I was just reading a thread and saw a post was from a familiar poster that I recognize by name and avatar.  I didn't even bother reading it this guy is a great example of internet tough guy.  I just skipped over it and continued with the thread.

How many of you guys do the same?  

I try not to let some of the more "challenged" members here spoil a good thread.  Plus it is bad for my blood pressure.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't me was it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I for one would not want to "start another purse swinging quarrel" !!

5sub
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#3]
There are some posters...

Who post in such an annoying format...

That I tend to ignore...

Not naming any names...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I acutally read all the posts, regardless who posts it (I dont read the names). I dont even know who posted the first post.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I do it all the time.

In fact I will see a poster quote someone from a page back that I never even read.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought people ignore me because they just don't like me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I am sorry.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That I tend to ignore...

Not naming any names...

YesSpreadingOutTheLinesToMakeItLegibleIsMuchWorseThanPackingTheTextSoTightYouWonderIfTheyThinkTheyAre BeingChargedForTheSpace.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I acutally read all the posts, regardless who posts it (I dont read the names). I dont even know who posted the first post.

+1
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I read all the posts.  About the only time I read the name and/or look at the avatar is if the post makes a lot of good sense or pisses me off.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That I tend to ignore...

Not naming any names...

I like ellipsises...

and aposiopesises...

I would rather have them than have...

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That I tend to ignore...

Not naming any names...

So,

so,

sorry for that.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That I tend to ignore...

Not naming any names...

YesSpreadingOutTheLinesToMakeItLegibleIsMuchWorseThanPackingTheTextSoTightYouWonderIfTheyThinkTheyAre BeingChargedForTheSpace.

good
point.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I like to go in and throw out a comment that I know will piss off people and then never ever come back to the thread hoping they spend time responding to my post that I will never read.  I especially do this to posters who I know can't resist responding.

I know, it's sick isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I usually read them all unless it's multiple pages and I didn't get in on pg 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I almost didn't read this thread.
j/k of course.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I have an ARFCOM stalker, I'm trying to get a restraining order on him as we speak.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I only read posts about kittens.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I suspect no one reads my post anyway.

-JTP
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have an ARFCOM stalker, I'm trying to get a restraining order on him as we speak.

Is it a black guy who wants to have sex with your future white daughter with the hopes of having interracial offspring?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I usually don't ignore posts by user, what I will ignore are posts that have no punctuation, paragraphing or capitalization, or use multiple commas,,,,,, or periods...... to separate thoughts  (I'd like to know what school teaches that shit!), they just make my head hurt to read.  

Really people, if you want to get your thoughts across and want others to read them and not think you're a refugee from some third world shithole, for God's sakes get a sixth grade education, if Jethro Bodine can do it, you can too.  

Even bad language or spelling mistakes don't bother me that much unless it's really egregious, everyone makes mistakes and cusses now and again, even an edumacated muthafucka like meself.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#23]
There's one in particular that still gives me the urge to slap him.  Mostly I skip over his posts, but sometimes I still read them to see what assinine things he posted which he surely thought were brilliant.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#24]
See, there's still nobody replying to me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

-JTP

Wrong. .45 ACP has better stopping power than 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#27]
A certain few users have been set to my personal "ignore" list, usually by avatar. If they change or I'm not paying attention and read what they posted, I usually either stop as soon as I see the asshattery and move on, or I try to see if maybe they've made a valid point, for once.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#28]
The only poster I generally gloss over is The Macallan. Usually his arguments are fucking stupid or just make me want to scream. His viewpoint to me is everything that is wrong with the conservative movement in the US. To be fair though, I'm sure he feels the same about me. I'm kind of an asshole at any rate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I was just reading a thread and saw a post was from a familiar poster that I recognize by name and avatar.  I didn't even bother reading it this guy is a great example of internet tough guy.  I just skipped over it and continued with the thread.

I try not to let some of the more "challenged" members here spoil a good thread.  Plus it is bad for my blood pressure.

How does that (item in red above) get thru in an enviroment that has no emotions?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If your serious, let staff know who. We don't need garbage like that on here.

Nah, I want to keep him going, hopefully he will get himself banned one of these days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

-JTP

No, we just look at the pictures.

Speaking of which...isn't it almost dinner time?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to. Now that I'm a moderator I don't have that luxury anymore....

not officially anyway, right JW?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
See, there's still nobody replying to me.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Normally I just look at the SN and Avatar of the OP and just read all of the other posts.

Unless someone says something really good or bad/retarded I don't normally look at thier SN or avatar.

I kind of like reading the posts of people I generally dislike or disagree with, it gives me something to think about or laugh at sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does that (item in red above) get thru in an enviroment that has no emotions?

The words they type stating what they would do in situations are almost always way over the top and involve violence that would land their ass in the slammer if they did it in the real world.  Since they are still here to post it is all for show.

You can't tell emotions from peoples words but the words themselves do express quite a bit if you read enough of their posts.  

Trust me that this individual has been called an "internet tough guy" in numerous threads.  It is getting to the point that I think many ignore him kind of like their semi-retarded cousin. Something good does come out of his posts periodically but I wish he would stop with the B.S.  Maybe he is trying to fit in or just comes here to feel assertive.

Don't worry, it isn't you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I generally post hijacks in topics that are only somewhat related to the original topic. It's a stream of thought sort of thing. I figure this gets me ignored frequently.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Normally I just look at the SN and Avatar of the OP and just read all of the other posts.

Unless someone says something really good or bad/retarded I don't normally look at thier SN or avatar.

I kind of like reading the posts of people I generally dislike or disagree with, it gives me something to think about or laugh at sometimes.

This is how I work, too.

I'm a dry, sarcastic guy, but I hope I don't piss people off very often.  If I do, I hope they would let me know.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I read all the posts.  About the only time I read the name and/or look at the avatar is if the post makes a lot of good sense or pisses me off.

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If I do, I hope they would let me know.

Well, since you mentioned it....

I can't stand reading anything you post.  Your typically on my auto-ignore list.
J/K
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Fuck, you guys are talking about me again, aren't you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The words they type stating what they would do in situations are almost always way over the top and involve violence that would land their ass in the slammer if they did it in the real world.  Since they are still here to post it is all for show.

You can't tell emotions from peoples words but the words themselves do express quite a bit if you read enough of their posts.  

Trust me that this individual has been called an "internet tough guy" in numerous threads.  It is getting to the point that I think many ignore him kind of like their semi-retarded cousin. Something good does come out of his posts periodically but I wish he would stop with the B.S.  Maybe he is trying to fit in or just comes here to feel assertive.

Don't worry, it isn't you.

Well since you replied to my post, the above highlighted in red was unneeded.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
There's one in particular that still gives me the urge to slap him.  Mostly I skip over his posts, but sometimes I still read them to see what assinine things he posted which he surely thought were brilliant.

My brilliance is so dazzling!

You're just jealous.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I do, I hope they would let me know.

Well, since you mentioned it....

I can't stand reading anything you post.  Your typically on my auto-ignore list.

J/K

YEAH!?!?

Don't make me come to your house and beat you up.  I'll do it... Wisconsin isn't so far from Texas....

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#47]
 Only the ones that use the word "egregious"!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#48]
I start reading every post.  I'll only stop reading or skip past a post if it turns out to be completely stupid.  Unless I feel like rebuking the post.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#49]
The only person that I know for certain that I pissed off was scamp.

I'm pretty sure he's ignoring me now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Only a few.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top