Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 11:28:36 PM EDT
I saw this bumper sticker the other day and it made me think. That person is probably living like they believe in a catholic/christian god. But what if they are wrong. What if the real god is Bhuda(spelling?) or Allah.

It reminds me of a southpark epsiode about hell. Some demos were welcoming in new people to hell. A bunch of peopler said that they lead good lives and worshiped god. The demon said that they must have worshiped the wrong god and the the right ones were the mormons. Everyone just went do'h and hung their heads down.  

Hehe. Anyways, all you people that think your not going to make it into heaven if your worshipping the wrong god, take some time to think about the fact that you may be worshipping the wrong one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Here we go  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What if the real god is Bhuda(spelling?) or Allah.

Then I get spiritual enlightment and central air.

Hell, doesn't matter much to me. I haven't killed no one, I haven't harmed no one, and I pay my taxes... I figure that's damn good enough for just 'bout anything.

Where I end up and who my god is... Well, I have eternity after death to worry about that, I think I'll spare that from my previous few years on Earth living.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw this bumper sticker the other day and it made me think. That person is probably living like they believe in a catholic/christian god. But what if they are wrong. What if the real god is Bhuda(spelling?) or Allah.

It reminds me of a southpark epsiode about hell. Some demos were welcoming in new people to hell. A bunch of peopler said that they lead good lives and worshiped god. The demon said that they must have worshiped the wrong god and the the right ones were the mormons. Everyone just went do'h and hung their heads down.  

Hehe. Anyways, all you people that think your not going to make it into heaven if your worshipping the wrong god, take some time to think about the fact that you may be worshipping the wrong one.

Ahh bumper sticker wisdom, go to the mountain grasshopper and be enlightend.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If hell is what awaits me for my beliefs. Then I fear for denizens therein.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here we go  

again...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Jesus mows my lawn.

He mowed mine last week, did a good job, but he asked for $15... Kinda high, with being Jesus and all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I have always wondered if there is a God.  Dont get me wrong, I most certainly hope there is.  But when so many people can be so divisive about "the one true God" and all have different renditions or offshoots of the same "book", or even an entirely different book, that was given to man and transcribed by man, a man that may have had an agenda (show me an unbiased man and I will show you a living god), it makes me wonder just how anyone can be right.  As Christians or Jews, we are supposed to believe there is a God, and have a single source that "proves" it.  We have little or no proof outside of this book, besides a big boat perched on the Himalayas and some scrolls found in a mountain cave.   Even these extra resources have conflicting translations and interpretations, some of which muddy the "Biblical" waters, so to speak.  

I can't write a book or a paper without multiple, proveable, documentable sources that back up my arguement.  I realize its called "faith" for a reason, but a healthy quest for knowledge and facts can't hurt anything.

All I am saying is that when religious matters arise, the answer "I don't know" isn't a sin.  It is infact the most fertile plain for knowledge to take root and grow.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#9]
After today, I am fully convinced there is NONE. NONE.

And if there is, FUCK IT/HIM/HER.

AZ(SeriousasI'lleverbe)K9

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Jesus mows my lawn.

lol
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Honestly, I choose to believe in Jesus and his teachings. I don't think you could take any one of his teachings and say they aren't the right thing to do. But, I see god as a benovolent being who can't truley expect us to believe in him under a certain religon, or care. As long as we are pure of heart, he will take us under his wing once we die.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
After today, I am fully convinced there is NONE. NONE.

And if there is, FUCK IT/HIM/HER.

AZ(SeriousasI'lleverbe)K9

uhhhh......?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I just had a scary thought:

Who do you think God has lined up to mow the lawns in Heaven?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:27:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It reminds me of a southpark epsiode about hell.

If you get all your religious education from South Park it would explain a few things.

You are a dumbass.

There is only one God.  Either the religion recognizes this or it doesn't.  The jews, catholics, baptists and ect all believe in God....the same God.

Islam believe in a "moon" god which they switch to after realizing the masses where no longer will to accept the multi-god theory.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Islam believe in a "moon" god which they switch to after realizing the masses where no longer will to accept the multi-god theory.

SGtar15

A moon god?  I was told by a couple muslim friends and co-workers that Allah is God as well.  God of Abraham and all that.

Please educate me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Mopar, I'm glad to see that when SGTar15 called you a dumbass, you took the high road and simply responded with a question!  Good christians, huh!?!?!

BTW, I think our beliefs are similar.

Balming
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:52:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, he didnt call me a dumbass.  Yet.  (J/K Sgt)  He was addressing the thread starter.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#19]
As a Christian:
My God is great.
His word is strong.
His book is truth.
He brings me strength in my time of weakness, he gives me courage in the face of fear, and leads me down the path of righteousness.

I'm comfortable with that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:03:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

A moon god?  I was told by a couple muslim friends and co-workers that Allah is God as well.  God of Abraham and all that.

Please educate me if I am wrong.

I will confirm what sgtar15 said. Yes, Allah was a moon god, and the God of Muhammed's tribe. During the 5th century Arabs worshipped over 300 Gods, most of which were idols housed in a huge building called a Ka'aba (sp?). Allah was one of them. When Muhammed began his seizures and hearing voices, he declared Allah the one true God. Coincdentally, Allah was also his tribes God. Go figure.

And the stuff about Allah being the same God of Abraham is BULL. Sorry. It does say this in the Qu'ran, but you have to understand that Muhammed had alot of contact with Christians and Jews. Alot of which he got his historical material for the Qu'ran. You will also find the Qu'ran has many, many errors about whos who in the old Testament. Evidence that Muhammed was just trying to weave his new religion into the "Big two" to give legitimate weight to his false religion. He tried to claim that he was the 3rd and final prophet of God.

Basically, Islam is the sibbling you never knew you had when your rich father dies. In otherwords, they are bearing a false claim to the lineage of Jews and Christians. Muslims may not know it, but Muhammed sure did.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:10:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I hope you will forgive me if I request documentation of what you speak.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:14:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It reminds me of a southpark epsiode about hell.

If you get all your religious education from South Park it would explain a few things.

You are a dumbass.

There is only one God.  Either the religion recognizes this or it doesn't.  The jews, catholics, baptists and ect all believe in God....the same God.

SGtar15

Budda, Allah, God, whatever god is, Why is it a certain religion (not muslim, close to catholics,) only believe you will get into heaven if you are a member of their religion. Why can't I just try to be a good person and choose not to follow any organized religion.

According to my friend that is of this religion which will go unnamed, unless I convert and worship every sunday with him, I will not be saved. I told him that Im not worried about it because I beleive just being a good person is enough. And since he is so sure about his religion, its not possible for any other to be right. of the other can be right. I told him the all the others feel the same way about his. He didn't like that too much.

Oh yeah I wont forget to add that he believes man and dinosour walked the earth at the same time, Moses lived to be 800+ years old and before Jesus, it never rained. Hmmm sounds like someone has as much blind faith as one can get.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I hope you will forgive me if I request documentation of what you speak.

Western Civilization class.

You can find the same info at a bookstore. Just look under religions and "Islam," you will find many copies of the Qu'ran along side many books by Arabs revealing the truth of Islam. Its a funny thing. You can look at the Christian or Jewish, New Age or whatever section and not find anything about how they are vioelnt or terrorist religions, but one look at the Islam section and you get more books on how it is evil or out of control, mostly written by Arabs. Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top