Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 8:49:42 AM EDT

Suppose your child is in school or on a church retreat or a boy scout field trip or whatever... suppose your child was part of a group kidnapped by Islamofascist terrorists like the Russian schoolkids are right now. A dozen or more heavily-armed maniacal terrorists with bombvests grabs bunch of small kids and the stand off begins.

What would you do? What would you want the police/gov't to do?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]

I would try to formulate a plan of action, but most likely I would be out of my mind with grief and worry - too far gone to be of any use.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I would call the UN.

I have no idea what I would do.

Obviously, the professionals would be in charge.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't matter.  They are probably already dead.

With that thought in mind, my options are really opened up.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I would find out who the family members of the terrorists were, and then take them hostage.  I'd make sure the terrorists knew that if they tried anything their whole family would get it, mafia style.  

Edit- I also want the .gov to stay outta my way while I'm working
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#5]
That would be a good day for me to die if that ever happened.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Revenge from hell when it was over.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

SGatr15

Sarge we'd have a hard time charging in.

The whole state would be locked down, town, roads, airspace, etc.  We wouldn't be able to get within 25 miles of the place

We'd all be transported to a hostage counseling center.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I would have no choice, but to allow professionals to deal with such a strategic scaled event.

But I know a few people, and I would find out who welcomed and harbored these folks before they committed their acts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would find out who the family members of the terrorists were, and then take them hostage.  I'd make sure the terrorists knew that if they tried anything their whole family would get it, mafia style.  

They don't care.

They want their "comrades" freed from prison or else.

Ball is in your court.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#10]
"Islamofascist " - No doubt a Savage Nation listener.....

I dont think it would matter what I would want to do, not like the authorities in command of the situation are going to care what I think should be done....and they certainly arent letting me into the mix.

As far as what I would want...obviously the safe return of the hostages by whatever means it took.
I wish I knew what it took, but I dont imagine that one can make deals with these people.

Regardless of the end result, whatever terrorist are left standing at the end of the ordeal should be subject to summary executions. Someone mentioned a Russian policy that executed the families of terrorists..as a deterent....Im all for that.

I wish there was a simple solution, but if there was, this wouldnt be happening still.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It doesn't matter.  They are probably already dead.

With that thought in mind, my options are really opened up.  

I don't have any kids, so it's easy for me to say this, but I would want them (our gvt.) to drop a bomb on everybody, killing them instantly and unexpectedly, so that they don't have to suffer the terror of knowing when they're going to die.  I would then spend the rest of my life getting revenge.  I would find out who the terrorists were, and kill their whole family, right down to their pet goldfish.  If I couldn't find their family, I would go after just about anybody who even remotely sympathizes with them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"Islamofascist " - No doubt a Savage Nation listener.....

aka "MoslemMaggots"

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't have any kids, so it's easy for me to say this, but I would want them (our gvt.) to drop a bomb on everybody, killing them instantly and unexpectedly, so that they don't have to suffer the terror of knowing when they're going to die.  I would then spend the rest of my life getting revenge.  I would find out who the terrorists were, and kill their whole family, right down to their pet goldfish.  If I couldn't find their family, I would go after just about anybody who even remotely sympathizes with them.

But that in the minds of of the terrorists, that's what THEY are doing right now.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I thought about this yesterday when I first heard about the hostage taking. I would want the government to give the terrorists whatever they wanted to secure the safe return of my son. I also understand that they wouldn't. So if my son were harmed, I would have to seriously consider the eye for an eye option. Revenge wouldn't bring my son back but it would balance the scale of justice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#16]
1. I would lose whatever objectivity and sense of fair play I may have had.

2. Let the professionals go to work.

3. Spend my remaining time fighting against such thugs in any way I could.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Sarge we'd have a hard time charging in.

The whole state would be locked down, town, roads, airspace, etc.  We wouldn't be able to get within 25 miles of the place

We'd all be transported to a hostage counseling center.

I won't go to no hostage center.  And I am not foolish to believe I can rescue my kids as I know they will be as good as dead.  But if this occured I WILL get my justice.  You can count on that.  I might not be much...but I do have my limits!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I know that I would want to pull a Denzel Washington from Man on Fire, but obviously, the gov't is the only entity that has the resources to deal with it while it is going on.

Afterward, if they had hurt my kid, I would definitely do everything I could to arrange their meeting with God.  (not that I could actually do anything, but I would try.)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Hmmm.....I don't have kids, and don't even like thinking like this. Having said that....

If I am ever taken hostage, by terrorists demanding the release of some other terrorists.....

I hope my father can orchestrate the immediate murder of those 'other' terrorists. And I hope an overwhelming force is sent in to stop the hostage-takers. If I get killed in the process, that will be ok.

Having siad that, if it was my kids involved....I can't answer that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#20]
You wouldn't be able to do jack-shit! The gov. would make the calls and decide on what action they deem necessary. Sad but true!

If my child was killed, i'd spend the rest of my days killing every muslim I come across.
I don't give a rats fucking ass how that sounds to anyone. I would actively persue and kill any adult who prays to Allah. Eventually i'd find someone who was involved wether it be unbeknownst to me or not. Without my daughters, i'd have no reason to live. Anyone who tried to stop me would become a target. That includes LEO's, both state and federal.

You asked, I answered.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#21]
See Cincinnatus' answer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd find out who was responsible and meet them with a cheese grater and potato peeler and "get to work".
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd find out who was responsible for them getting in. Their death qould be quick.
I'd find out who the terrorists wanted released. Their death would be very, very slow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#24]
A real dilemma... First, I would attempt to prevent it as the sh*t was going down by any means available to me.  After abductance, I would probably do what any other normal parent would... see what the authorities could do.  My kids are important, but not a good idea to endanger others' kids by doing something foolhardy.   IMHO, there is no good answer.  Also, under no circumstances do any hostages leave the site of capture!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I DO have the capability to make sure none of the hostage-takers leave the perimeter alive, if nothing else.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#27]
We don't pound our chests and discuss killing "all of them"--whoever "them" is.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top