Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 2:27:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:31:00 AM EST
Yeah, but what about American "non" union made stuff......
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:32:30 AM EST
Fail.

It's a great idea, but the list includes links to companies that sell foreign products. Example: Campmor
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:41:28 AM EST
Hypercritical much?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:56:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By Oakley:
Yeah, but what about American "non" union made stuff......

Good question.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:00:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Hypercritical much?

Not really.

The website presents itself as providing links to companies only selling American made products. That's not the case.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:56:24 AM EST
The one great thing about arfcom is no matter how hard you try to help folks or no matter how good your intentions are, you cannot win. Much like being married Someone could post "hey, go here to get $1000 in free cash, no strings attached" and someone would follow up with "it's not really worth $1000 with the devaluationof the dollar & inflation, call me when it's $2500...."
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:17:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By VACaver:
Fail.

It's a great idea, but the list includes links to companies that sell foreign products. Example: Campmor

It also states "keyword USA" next to the link for that company. So, technically you can get "MITUSA" stuff from them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:20:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By CS223:
The one great thing about arfcom is no matter how hard you try to help folks or no matter how good your intentions are, you cannot win. Much like being married Someone could post "hey, go here to get $1000 in free cash, no strings attached" and someone would follow up with "it's not really worth $1000 with the devaluationof the dollar & inflation, call me when it's $2500...."

That sounds about right. You could give these guys ice cream sundays and they would complain about the ice cream being too cold.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:30:19 AM EST
Buying American made strictly becuase it is American made is a complete failure of a mindset. As a consumer, you are entitled to the best product at the best price. All companies have to learn to compete. That is the mindset the put the American car industry in the shithole because people kept buying inferior junk because it was made in America, further feeding the cancer that is the UAW. When US companies learn to compete in equal ground, they will find themselves on sound financial ground.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:39:26 AM EST
Don't forget, just because they are assembed in America doesn't mean all the parts are. I was watching the Discovery channel show on building the Wolf ovens. I could clearly see "made in China" on the relays.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:47:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By CS223:

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Top Top