Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/22/2004 7:33:50 PM EDT
If you were a hostage in Iraq it is pretty certain that you are going to die. What would you do or say when they started to make their movie. I heard the Italian merc who was killed said "Look at me this is how a real Italian dies" it could be a rumor but would you say? Would it be something along the lines of that? Would you say goodbye to your loved ones or would you go out as a screaming allah cursing animal?
I think I would make an insulting comment to allah or their religion ( Disclaimer: only their brand of it not all of Islam of course) and say something about avenging my death. As soon as they began their rant I would try and yell over them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I would NOT become a hostage in Iraqi.

I never would have gotten to that poiunt.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I would cry...

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a feeling that a lot of physical and psychological torture was conducted beforehand. So if I could still talk and think, yeah.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have thought about this as well.  It would probably be pretty fucking terrifying, but I would like to think I would go down in a blaze of glorious profanity the likes of which cannot be typed here due to the CoC.  I would like to think it would be a bad video for them to release because I would call them what they are.  Once again cannot type it here.
No telling though.  Those men are the only ones who know what that experience is like.  We must avenge our dead.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I would want to tell everyone not to givre in to the religion of peace, but at the same time I would want to be with my God.  That would probably make me be very quiet.

I don't want to think about this situation.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Would not be taken alive, nuff said....
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]
To be totally honest, I wouldn't be taken alive.  Go down fighting.  Any Marines beheaded yet?  Nope...

SemperFi
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I really think that those that have been beheaded have also been drugged.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Stand up and hop around fighting with my head and kick and scream and cuss and make them shoot me until I stop.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Would not be taken alive, nuff said....

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#11]
would also NOT be a hostage in iraq

if i was, i'll inflict as much pain and death into any of them captors befor i die, God willing\
cause they'll kill me anyway
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I would not be taken alive....I would use any weapon at my disposal and I would fight like a fu<kin' caged beast.   I would claw their eyes and bite their throats out.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]
That's what I don't get!  

The foreigners in Iraq know they could be targeted for this type of thing.
If it was me, if they tried to get me, I would beat the shit out of them until I got shot.  
You know you're a goner, so try to disarm one of them, take their weapon, and start nailing those pricks.
If they did somehow subdo me, I'd do [EVERYTHING/b] possible to escape.

DITTO TO ABOVE  POST
(must be a Marine thing?)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would NOT become a hostage in Iraq.

I never would have gotten to that point.

Sgatr15

agreed with some spelling fixes
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
would not be taken alive.

if it got to kneeling in front of the camera, I just won't hold still.

kicking and screaming and covered in someone else's blood, remember?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Never taken alive. Would fight hand to hand to the death before I let those cowards put me in front of a camera
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, right before they started sawing, and for as long as I could, I would HOPE to shout "YESHUA U ACKBAR!" as loud as I could. That said, reality would most likely dictate otherwise....

Frankly, this is the kind of question that no one can possibly answer until it actually happens, and by then it's too late. If anyone gives a definitive answer (especially some macho-brave one), they're full of it...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#18]
... I wouldn't give the "privilege" of a photo opportunity - My video would be one of a complete last-act of defiance

... They'd have to kill me without the gratification of begging
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Let's hope none of us ever have to answer this question for real.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#20]
ALLAH ACKBAR........sorry boys I would make the fastest/shortest convert to Islam you have ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
ALLAH ACKBAR........sorry boys I would make the fastest/shortest convert to Islam you have ever seen.

... as surmised, you have no moral ethic
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Bad Humor especially here...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I cant say because Ive never been there. the best I can say is that I would never put myself into that position.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well, right before they started sawing, and for as long as I could, I would HOPE to shout "YESHUA U ACKBAR!" as loud as I could. That said, reality would most likely dictate otherwise....

Frankly, this is the kind of question that no one can possibly answer until it actually happens, and by then it's too late. If anyone gives a definitive answer (especially some macho-brave one), they're full of it...

what does that mean sir?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I would not be taken alive....I would use any weapon at my disposal and I would fight like a fu<kin' caged beast.   I would claw their eyes and bite their throats out.

Semper Fi

A BIG + fuckin 1, Brother !!!

I was thinking the samn damn thing !
Get me all of them bastards I could
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, I would agree with "don't be taken prisoner".  It seems to me that when the guys are beheaded, they have been drugged.  The last one I watched seemed to barely be able to hold his head up.  I'm sure you could try to kick and scream but by that time you are OWNED.  Every time I see one of those sick fuck's videos I go hug my guns.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I would never put myself into that position.

... wussie
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I was talking about this with co-workers tonight. My conclusion was, if they come busting in the door like the Brits and Americans were caught, try to get a gun away and go down fighting, make them kill you. But, if, by chance you are captured anyway, you know you're going to die a horrible death, so is there a way to kill yourself while bound up? Is it possible to dig out an artery or two with your fingernails or choke yourself to death? I would sure wanna rob them of making a spectacle of my gruesome death if I could. I guess you would have to supress that survival instinct and not try to convince yourself that America won't let you die.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You surmise shit about me......if I have secrets that will hurt others, I take them to the grave. If it was me getting my noodle cut off or somebody else then start cutting on me. But if lying my ass off to some scumbag keeps my head on my shoulders then yes I'm try to keep my head thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You surmise shit about me......if I have secrets that will hurt others, I take them to the grave. If it was me getting my noodle cut off or somebody else then start cutting on me. But if lying my ass off to some scumbag keeps my head on my shoulders then yes I'm try to keep my head thank you very much.

It apparently has worked...

That Marine who was captured (note: if you go to Iraq, don't leave your post for pussy -> it just might be a TRAP?) used this quite successfully...

He said he was going to desert, and go to his family in Lebanon instead of returning to his unit in Iraq...

Well, he went to Lebanon allright... To the US Embassy in Lebanon (if you ever need to find Marines in a foreign country, else where do you go?)...

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd yell at the captors this:

"Come on, you cowards!  Take off the goddamn mask and show America your ugly faces.  You know, the Americans are kicking yours and Allah's asses."

...and gone is my head.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I would kill them with the jawbone of an ass or 1776 whichever is closer
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...I'm try to keep my head thank you very much.

... easy there big fella, all I'm saying is that you don't have the fortitude and courage that many on this board (in Iraq and back) have to stand up to a terrorist in a last act of defiance. It's all good bro. Some will whimper and beg in the face of the inevitable; I wouldn't do it.

... Are you willing to go to your "Allah" knowing the last thing you did in your mortal life was to condemn Christianity and submit to surrender?

... If so you're a pussy, and that has nothing to do with your sexual preference.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I sure as hell wouldn't be very passive, I think they drug those poor guys up because they dont have any fight in them
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#35]
The conversion thing is risky, I bet it works better if you are already middle eastern, to think these jihadi fucks aren't racist on top of all the rest of their problems is wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I read most of the replies, you guys are a bunch of Bad Asses.
I would scream "vote Kerry"
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Nana whatie! nana whatie
Know how to say but not spell it.

The Beast!!!

I'd do something like the mouse that was about to be grabbed by the hawk!
Last act of defiance!!!
The finger!!!!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#38]
i would rather die in the streets fighting, than let the dogs use me to make a video. then use that video as a weapon to demoralize our people. the videos piss us off. but some that do not have common sense say this is way we should pull out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...I'm try to keep my head thank you very much.

... easy there big fella, all I'm saying is that you don't have the fortitude and courage that many on this board (in Iraq and back) have to stand up to a terrorist in a last act of defiance. It's all good bro. Some will whimper and beg in the face of the inevitable; I wouldn't do it.

... Are you willing to go to your "Allah" knowing the last thing you did in your mortal life was to condemn Christianity and submit to surrender?

... If so you're a pussy, and that has nothing to do with your sexual preference.

Ok I'll bite there Winston......How many arfcommers have had their head cut off in Iraq? THis thread isn't about will you fight terrorist?. This thread is about what are you going to do IF you get caught by the terrorists and they are going to cut your head off. And you and the others are going to play it tough and go out in two pieces.  The Marine and I will still have our heads, so call me a pussy I have been called worse.

Also remember Christianity and Islam both condem homosexuals so I screwed ether way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is about what are you going to do IF you get caught by the terrorists and they are going to cut your head off. .

... either way man, my position stands; I wouldn't make the Al Jazeera headlines like they wish
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#41]
What really sucks is .....You'll say something cool and tough and they just edit it out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
What really sucks is .....You'll say something cool and tough and they just edit it out.

... Who edited what? Inquiring minds want to know
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All those great last acts of bravery....
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Whose? Specificity please
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Always save the last bullet for yourself
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Whose? Specificity please

"YESHUA U ACKBAR!

for a example but just about anything that shows any bravery on the victim part.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By StonerStudent

for a example but just about anything that shows any bravery on the victim part.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:08:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Or maybe I'm not understanding what your asking?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:28:16 AM EDT
[#50]
I would eat a bullet before I let those bastards take me prisoner
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top